Guitar Player's Thread

Really?:cool: I had no idea!:O Cool. But if there aint the function then is it possible to use in FX loop? HOw will that work? shitty? (kinda pointless questions but a stupid one gets smarter by asking:lol:)

you dont want to run through two pre amps. im sure there's a way to bypass your combo head's preamp.

Really?:cool: I had no idea!:O Cool. But if there aint the function then is it possible to use in FX loop? HOw will that work? shitty? (kinda pointless questions but a stupid one gets smarter by asking:lol:)
lol shitty? your amp would smoke a bit :D

back1.jpg

if its this you would have to consult an electrician who makes you an extra input if you can provide him the schematics

I have a parallel effects loop that runs with the preamp, and a serial effects loop for the power amp. so for me, i just plug into the serial to bypass the preamp.

Are you're talking about the main verse? It's probably not how Malmsteen played it, but changing positions like that makes picking easier.

...Actually, now that I'm trying it in a single position, either way could work for me.:loco:

Nah, the runs in the solo.

He would descend like this:

e-20-19-17/16------------------------------------------------------
b--------------18-17-15--------------------------------------------
g------------------------17-16-14/13-------------------------------
d-------------------------------------15-14-12---------------------
a-----------------------------------------------15-14-12/11--------
e------------------------------------------------------------13-12--

And the diminished arpeggios would be on the top 3 strings.

Nah, the runs in the solo.

He would descend like this:

e-20-19-17/16------------------------------------------------------
b--------------18-17-15--------------------------------------------
g------------------------17-16-14/13-------------------------------
d-------------------------------------15-14-12---------------------
a-----------------------------------------------15-14-12/11--------
e------------------------------------------------------------13-12--

And the diminished arpeggios would be on the top 3 strings.

Correct. Also Ben, I think your gp was tuned down a whole step, it should be a 1/2 step down. Sounds very accurate nonetheless.

Now that I recall, I think I have a pdf file from a transcription book of the song.

lol shitty? your amp would smoke a bit :D

back1.jpg

if its this you would have to consult an electrician who makes you an extra input if you can provide him the schematics
Hm i wonder where id get hold of a expert that woud do one for me. Yes well i dont want it to blow up so it was good i asked:lol: And yes its that amp.

I have a parallel effects loop that runs with the preamp, and a serial effects loop for the power amp. so for me, i just plug into the serial to bypass the preamp.
hm dude...can you explain again :D I didnt understand at all. Im a n00b :(:erk: :lol:

Mitch, did you get your RR-J2SP?

I just came from post office where I sent mine to a new owner :).

Nah, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow but my mum's going out during the morning so if it gets delayed till anything later, I will actually scream as loud as I can.

^^If youre gonna customize it then its kewl if you think its gonna last forever with its original parts then good luck:p

And as for the thing of bypassing my heads preampsection. Maybe it woud be easier i just got a Lee jacskon perfect connection and plugged it into a Rocktron Velocity 100.

^^If youre gonna customize it then its kewl if you think its gonna last forever with its original parts then good luck:p

And as for the thing of bypassing my heads preampsection. Maybe it woud be easier i just got a Lee jacskon perfect connection and plugged it into a Rocktron Velocity 100.

You should be able to put it into the cab. It won't have a poweramp but it still should work.

postjump
^dude i know it's good quality and some of u may think the tremolo is shitty but believe me, it isn't...my friend has one for about a year now and EVERYTHING is alright so far
but i'm thinking of getting a gain booster in it! wohaaaaaaaaaaa! gain*infinity :p

You should be able to put it into the cab. It won't have a poweramp but it still should work.

Yea but a Rocktron Velocity poweramp aint that expensive shit and i guess its better to have one. I just hope that there will be some Lee jackson GP-1000 in sale next summer or then ill just get a jackson dinky snow white.

postjump
^dude i know it's good quality and some of u may think the tremolo is shitty but believe me, it isn't...my friend has one for about a year now and EVERYTHING is alright so far
but i'm thinking of getting a gain booster in it! wohaaaaaaaaaaa! gain*infinity :p

Well i know for a fact that the ALexi-200s tremolo beats the shit out of the one that was in my white w/blk pinstripes LTD MMV SN. Damn it was so bad. Its gonna crap out piece by piece. I just think if you want good sound u cud get a Seymour duncan blackout like alexi has and he doesnt btw use gainbooster at the moment i think. A active pup will give you all the gain you need :) IF id have a black alexi 200 id put a OFR and blackout in it. That woud pretty much kickass or maybe a EMG 81. I really fancy EMG 81 pickups :D

When will people stop thinking "active pickups = heavier sound"? There are loads of passive pickups which sound just different.

And btw, an OFR would be better, but only if you really need it. The guitar is good as long as YOU are satisfied with it. Changing Pickups doesn't make it better as long as YOU like the sound.

Don't be dogmatic when it comes to guitars.

I didn't say you couldn't get a Rocktron, I was just saying that until you do, plugging into the cab will work.

Yeah sry i was more like thinkin loud to myself. Im still going to work next summer so ill afford the whole deal then both rocktron and lee jackson. I dunno if the rocktron velocity 100 is good...anyone know? its pretty cheap so yeah. But its good to know a preamp can be plugged directly into cab too.