Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks. I was a bit hesitant to even apply due to my experiences with them being mostly terrible.. Problem is the only other guitar shops around are small shitty ones who have had the same people working there forever :erk:

Hopefully working there will be more pleasant than being a customer :lol:

Yea but a Rocktron Velocity poweramp aint that expensive shit and i guess its better to have one. I just hope that there will be some Lee jackson GP-1000 in sale next summer or then ill just get a jackson dinky snow white.

Well i know for a fact that the ALexi-200s tremolo beats the shit out of the one that was in my white w/blk pinstripes LTD MMV SN. Damn it was so bad. Its gonna crap out piece by piece. I just think if you want good sound u cud get a Seymour duncan blackout like alexi has and he doesnt btw use gainbooster at the moment i think. A active pup will give you all the gain you need :) IF id have a black alexi 200 id put a OFR and blackout in it. That woud pretty much kickass or maybe a EMG 81. I really fancy EMG 81 pickups :D

thank u very much dude!
i know that thingie about gain booster, but i'm going for the old cob sound...u know i rly wanna have the sound like u hear it in needled 24/7...imo one of their best songs ever...
btw...any good ideas for good eq settings for new and old cob sound?
(with new i mean the sound after aydy) ;)

thank u very much dude!
i know that thingie about gain booster, but i'm going for the old cob sound...u know i rly wanna have the sound like u hear it in needled 24/7...imo one of their best songs ever...
btw...any good ideas for good eq settings for new and old cob sound?
(with new i mean the sound after aydy) ;)

No problem. Well a good cob sound depends on your amp. put bass on about 7, gain on 7-10, Mids and Treble maybe about 5 or then u put 3 on mids and 7 on treble. Usually works like that. Well ur best bet is to buy a EMG HZ and a MM-04 gainbooster or then u coud also go with a EMG 81 wich works atleast second best to COB. Maybe the SD blackout woud be the shizniz too but im not rly sure since i havent tried it. Its supposed to be the higher output than emg 81. Well those settings i gave there were more of aydy but if u wanna get some Hatebreeder sound i suggest you pull down treble a bit so it gets smoother and u have a good hatebreeder sound. Thats the settings that work great on my amp(s) so i dunno :D

When will people stop thinking "active pickups = heavier sound"? There are loads of passive pickups which sound just different.

And btw, an OFR would be better, but only if you really need it. The guitar is good as long as YOU are satisfied with it. Changing Pickups doesn't make it better as long as YOU like the sound.

Don't be dogmatic when it comes to guitars.

I dig both active and passive. They sound different. EMG HZ has more low end punch while the emg 81 has more gain and sustain. the thing is that if someone was planning on getting a passive and gainbooster then a active pup woud be a option too. The floyd thing is totally true and so is the pup changin. If you were refferring to me saying that Actives are for heavier sound then you got me all wrong. Active pickups are what I PREFER. I just like actives more. They are different yes but i like my EMG 81 way more than i ever did with my EMG HZ+Afterburner even though they shoud be kkinda same thing when given the active boost. THe floyd rose thing was too all IMO and I WOULD need a OFR since i use the Floyd rose so constantly it woud almsot certainly crap out with my clowning tricks. I woudnt ever say HZs are total crap. They aint...i still like HZs but id like to try one with a different kind of booster than afterburner coz i didnt like what afterburner did to it.

EDIT: If that post even was like a reply to my post :lo:

I dig both active and passive. They sound different. EMG HZ has more low end punch while the emg 81 has more gain and sustain. the thing is that if someone was planning on getting a passive and gainbooster then a active pup woud be a option too. The floyd thing is totally true and so is the pup changin. If you were refferring to me saying that Actives are for heavier sound then you got me all wrong. Active pickups are what I PREFER. I just like actives more. They are different yes but i like my EMG 81 way more than i ever did with my EMG HZ+Afterburner even though they shoud be kkinda same thing when given the active boost. THe floyd rose thing was too all IMO and I WOULD need a OFR since i use the Floyd rose so constantly it woud almsot certainly crap out with my clowning tricks. I woudnt ever say HZs are total crap. They aint...i still like HZs but id like to try one with a different kind of booster than afterburner coz i didnt like what afterburner did to it.

EDIT: If that post even was like a reply to my post :lo:

I got you wrong, I thought you meant "AMG EMGPICKUPS METALLICA TEH BEST METAL EV0RZ!!1!"

I got you wrong, I thought you meant "AMG EMGPICKUPS METALLICA TEH BEST METAL EV0RZ!!1!"

HaHa:lol: That explains alot:lol:

EDIT: But you have a good point. Most think like that jsut coz its active "its gotta be ZOMG HEaVY coz its friggin activez!!!!!1oneone"

On another note, I just recently (yesterday, at 4am, when I couldn't sleep :p) started listening to Dragonforce.. I underestimated them alot.. but I don't like the fast riff style of song and it seems that all the songs are the same :lol:.

I do like a few songs like "Through the Fire and Flames" and "Operation Ground and Pound" but most are :erk: in my opinion.

Btw Mitch, I just realized that your DF Song is based on "Revolution Deatsquad" by DF :lol:.

ok, i just got it. there are 2 options i'm not so sure about...should i register FL as a DXi plugin? and should i register it as a ReWire device also? I'm sorry, i have no clue what these mean :erk:

I use NI Battery and load it with Drumkit from Hell Samples. Than I customize them (pitch of the snare, for example).

In the last time, I'm too lazy and just use the cool-sounding grooves of the ezDrummer with the Metal Expasion pack.