Guitar Player's Thread

^dude...i can feel ur pain...
look what i've just ordered...should be here in about 2-5 days :D
15045.jpg

the black one ;)

you get what you pay for. a 400$ guitar can only be so good. you'd be so much better off with the 600(i think is the higher end ltd designation?).

hm dude...can you explain again :D I didnt understand at all. Im a n00b :(:erk: :lol:

go here:

http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=JVM410&pageType=SEEIT

go to the middle picture (backpanel view)

zoom 50%. notice on the left there's a parallel effects loop with a mix knob. this means that you're not fucked with one constant level of effects. you can control how much your loop mixes with your dry signal. that's not the one we want.

next to that it says power amp insert/serial FX loop. serial FX means that everything is well, sequenced. but the important bit is the power amp insert. if you zoom to 100% there's a power amp return, that's what you want. also a bypass switch. that's for my amp though, i'm not too sure how to help with yours.

im guessing your FX loop runs with the preamp or before the power amp, so you don't want that.

Well, I got FL Studio, and it solved my problems. It's not super easy to use but it does the trick.

Seriously? I was actually suspicious why it was so easy at first, because the sound you get is pretty awesome. And i wondered why more people hadn't been using it.

This has to be the coolest shadow ever :lol:

dragonpy2.jpg

you get what you pay for. a 400$ guitar can only be so good. you'd be so much better off with the 600(i think is the higher end ltd designation?).

go here:

http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=JVM410&pageType=SEEIT

go to the middle picture (backpanel view)

zoom 50%. notice on the left there's a parallel effects loop with a mix knob. this means that you're not fucked with one constant level of effects. you can control how much your loop mixes with your dry signal. that's not the one we want.

next to that it says power amp insert/serial FX loop. serial FX means that everything is well, sequenced. but the important bit is the power amp insert. if you zoom to 100% there's a power amp return, that's what you want. also a bypass switch. that's for my amp though, i'm not too sure how to help with yours.

im guessing your FX loop runs with the preamp or before the power amp, so you don't want that.

ah yes now i get it. No i seriously dont want to smoke my ample:lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6567235 said:
...a dragon? That's what it reminds to me of, at least.

And it's actually pretty nice... expecially 'cause you didn't put the guitars that way on purpose, haha! :)

I didn't take the photo actually, i found it on Jemsite, but still kewl!

Sweep Picking help-

Alright I'm a decent guitar player far as speed goes but before I dive into this Psalm of Lydia I need know a bit more about sweeping. know I need to practice the patterns and synchronization ascending/descending but as far as right hand goes is there anything I should know? technique, skills, or methods the wrist should do for optimum sweepage? or something as small as finger position on pick/angle to strike string.

Don't just say to watch youtube videos and Google I tried, try to explain here something You actually learned from that or a teacher.

^^Well you gotta take it slowly. Itll be boring but its the only way. ALWAYS do the figures by proper sweeping. Play so slow u can certainly keep it clean! You basically gotta roll your fingers down and up the neck and its easier to sweep if you learn to use your wrist when picking the notes. Try thinking sweeping like strumming a chord but with separated notes.

Sweep Picking help-

Alright I'm a decent guitar player far as speed goes but before I dive into this Psalm of Lydia I need know a bit more about sweeping. know I need to practice the patterns and synchronization ascending/descending but as far as right hand goes is there anything I should know? technique, skills, or methods the wrist should do for optimum sweepage? or something as small as finger position on pick/angle to strike string.

Don't just say to watch youtube videos and Google I tried, try to explain here something You actually learned from that or a teacher.

People don't always give you the advice you want, but the best advice is actually to watch other players you like and try to mimic their technique. It's not that hard to see how they hold the pick or how they mute. So try around with how you feel is the most comfortable but at the same time try to get a good tone. When you got the basic mechanics down, just speed it up.

^^just dont speed it up too early...thats important! Also remember...the styles in sweep picking can differ...just test out whats best for you.

^^just dont speed it up too early...thats important! Also remember...the styles in sweep picking can differ...just test out whats best for you.

"When you got the basic mechanics down". That can take 1 month or 30 years, but as with everything, when you've trained your muscles to understand the movements without having to "check" with your brain, you can begin to speed it up.

People don't always give you the advice you want, but the best advice is actually to watch other players you like and try to mimic their technique. It's not that hard to see how they hold the pick or how they mute. So try around with how you feel is the most comfortable but at the same time try to get a good tone. When you got the basic mechanics down, just speed it up.

I'd love to but in internet quality videos and not a camera focus on the parts I need its hard to tell. I don't know any one irl to watch

I don't mute at all when I'm sweeping :S Is it necessary umm..?

try not to mute. even I can pretty much do mute sweeps but it really does cover up a lot.

Some argue that distortion covers mistakes, but to the contrary every single little thing you do will sound like amplified shit if its wrong.

Muting hides it though and sweeps are supposed to be clean and fast

uh yeah, unless you want your sweeps sounding like chords ROFL:lol:

:lol:

try not to mute. even I can pretty much do mute sweeps but it really does cover up a lot.

Some argue that distortion covers mistakes, but to the contrary every single little thing you do will sound like amplified shit if its wrong.

Muting hides it though and sweeps are supposed to be clean and fast

Ofcourse you're supposed to mute it, not chugg it so you only hear dead notes, but using both left hand and right hand muting is necessary. You're right that distortion amplifies mistakes, but it also masks the tone of the string, so the more distortion/compression the easier it is to play.