Guitar Player's Thread

Oh fuck...

s5001747wz9.jpg

s5001753hx7.jpg

QUOTED FOR....well...you should know why...:OMG: congrats dude...that is awesome. want secks with that guitar :lol:

Hmm I'm having a guitar dillema. I have never ever ever ever ever, been a fan of Les paul style guitars...ever.

But I saw this thing in a shop today and it really caught my eye =/

gibby.jpg

Also I really love that deep chugging tone that Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards) has, so I'm actually a little tempted. Also those two EMG 81s (although I'll probably buy an EMG 60 for it) could make it sound pretty nice. But I just dunno.

Hmm I'm having a guitar dillema. I have never ever ever ever ever, been a fan of Les paul style guitars...ever.

gibby.jpg

Also I really love that deep chugging tone that Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards) has, so I'm actually a little tempted. Also those two EMG 81s (although I'll probably buy an EMG 60 for it) could make it sound pretty nice. But I just dunno.

Dude, Schaffer's tone comes from his ENGL. Get a guitar with 24 frets.

Yeah but still, a masive fuck off mahogony body has gotta = deep tones. But yeah, I just thought it looked pretty :p

QUOTED FOR....well...you should know why...:OMG: congrats dude...that is awesome. want secks with that guitar :lol:

:lol: At least wait until I've secks'd it first.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb309/Manoswabs/gibby.jpg

I agree, that is kinda nice for a LP.

It's a good job you're in Texas then, I would have had to attemp to peel you off of it everytime I wanted to play it. :lol:

As for those that mute while sweeping, I thought the point was to release left hand quick enough that it sounded a single note but none stacked, and it was the release that ended the the notes clean, not a mute

amirite or amiwrong?

As for those that mute while sweeping, I thought the point was to release left hand quick enough that it sounded a single note but none stacked, and it was the release that ended the the notes clean, not a mute

amirite or amiwrong?

You are right, but the thing with palm muting is ALL about personal preference. I like the sound of it so I do it. If you don't like the sound of it, don't do it. It's as simple as that.

I was the same with both my guitar's. But i secretly came inside.

And you should deffinetly tune da guitar and record some Sinergy.

I actually just stopped and stared at the box for about ten min. then i carefully opened it, popped the case, and stared some more, before clearing out EVERYTHING in the room so i didn't knock it and took it out :)

sometimes having it arrive can be slightly anti-climactic, like you've waited so long you just want to prolong it :p

You are right, but the thing with palm muting is ALL about personal preference. I like the sound of it so I do it. If you don't like the sound of it, don't do it. It's as simple as that.

Ever since i changed my picking technique, i've pretty much started muting on all ascending runs.