Guitar Player's Thread

Holy shit. I change my strings about twice a year...and I play for about 3 hours a day. Thankfully my hands don't sweat at all, really.

^ I just put em on my guitar about 3 weeks ago, still feels right out of the box. I think I'll start using them religiously lol

I used Elixirs and they lastest about a week longer than regular strings. Plus, after that long, the coating starts to wear off and they feel shit. Waste of £10 every fucking time.

But then again, I do play very hard.

Strings arent THAT fucking expensive, and new strings both sound and feel better anyways. Few things suck more than dead old strings

I used Elixirs and they lastest about a week longer than regular strings. Plus, after that long, the coating starts to wear off and they feel shit. Waste of £10 every fucking time.

But then again, I do play very hard.

Whats strings do you use now? And how often do you change them?

I just got 2 packs of these http://www.cleartonestrings.com/ . I hope they will be better than Elixirs...the description sure sounds good :). They cost more than Elixirs too.

i use SIT and DR strings, they suit me well.

I'm yet to try coated strings though, i imagine they have a pretty mellow sound

I tend to play with them as long as possible, but attempting to still sound good. So when i get the new strings, i will sound awesome and be more motivated to practice!

I was browsing youtube today.. and I found THIS.
I dunno what people are all "AMG" about her :erk:. She's alright, but nothing special, at all... Is it because she's a girl?
Yeah i know...girls get nicer comments than guys. Her vibrato sounded awful...or maybe its just the camera.

Definitely.... She seems to look very small when she plays standing... Or is the guitar just that big?:lol:
Bah! Don't give me that bullshit:lol: I know you were watching at everythin BUT the guitar!!!:lol:

Holy shit. I change my strings about twice a year...and I play for about 3 hours a day. Thankfully my hands don't sweat at all, really.
Yeah welcome to my world. Mine feel like new still although ive used them about 6 months now i think.

When i get a new amp or guitar its like i wanna play all the fuckin time :D Same thing if i get only a new strap or even a fuckin cable:lol: yah i know its weird.

^^^yeah its so damn cool!:lol: Today i got a new pick and it was still crap fuckin dean markley. There will be nothing that wins Jazz 3! :D But even tho it was shitty for me i picked up my guitar tested it and switched to jazz 3 and playd for hours :lol:

Strings arent THAT fucking expensive, and new strings both sound and feel better anyways. Few things suck more than dead old strings

Why pay £10 when you can pay £5 for strings that feel the same?

I'm not fussy when it comes to strings.

Whats strings do you use now? And how often do you change them?

I just got 2 packs of these http://www.cleartonestrings.com/ . I hope they will be better than Elixirs...the description sure sounds good :). They cost more than Elixirs too.

I use the basic Ernie Ball 9's and I usually change the whole set everytime I break one string. I don't play much anymore so they don't break or get dirty very often.