Guitar Player's Thread

I wanted to reply to this so bad, but, well . . . you know :lol:
That is one nice axe you got there! I'm happy for you, you deserve it :kickass:

How is the gainboost, or can you not really tell with your current gear? Never been a fan of active pickups and I am curious to how the gain boost + passive pickup sound. I can see you love to pose with it as well ;D

There's a huge difference. Unfortuntaley, I don't think my gear is good enough for it to actually sound good though. I've recorded this to demonstrate how buzzy and gainy it is when I flick the switch.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/um7y06

At 00:16, I didn't even touch the string so you can hear how much more it adds.

Btw, the playing sucks on this because I wasn't even trying so no comments about that. :mad:

So what happens if you turn down the gain on your KORG and use the gain boost compared to having full gain and no gain boost?

There's a huge difference. Unfortuntaley, I don't think my gear is good enough for it to actually sound good though. I've recorded this to demonstrate how buzzy and gainy it is when I flick the switch.

Btw, the playing sucks on this because I wasn't even trying so no comments about that. :mad:

From what I hear that gain boost does add a lot. Sounds like very good tone. Your tone is pretty damn close to Mr. Laiho's :kickass:

Sounds good, I like your tone, even if you say it didn't sound good.
BTW USUCK UPLEY BADD :yuk: :p.

I'm not much of a fan of EMG stuff anymore. Some people praise EMGs for having a "hi-fi" sound to them. To me, they just sound like they have a lot of extra upper frequencies guitar shouldn't really have.

I'm not much of a fan of EMG stuff anymore. Some people praise EMGs for having a "hi-fi" sound to them. To me, they just sound like they have a lot of extra upper frequencies guitar shouldn't really have.

That and they sound like cats scratching at your pickups at high gain volumes

Hey Brandon, I'm considering in investing in a Loomis signature guitar (not anytime soon though, buying mics and other "shit"). I know it is a quality guitar, but what do you have to say about it? Looking for a 7 string and I think it might be the one. Any problems you've had with it?

Inhe- Well, I picked up my guitar and figure out your riff instantly. I guess I'm more into the dissonant/complex sound.

In the own pictures thread. And btw, posing is great :)

I'm not saying that is not,I just didn't know what he was talking about as I had not seen the pics.As a matter of fact,I do like posing and when I play live w my band I try always loads of poses.The number increases when I'm drunk as last Saturday, as decreases a bit(not much,just I fail some notes at the solos and that)my playing.Shame for you guys is that there's never a camera around so you could have some laughs looking at the stupid thigs that one can do with a guitar in his hands,LOL.I'll try to remember and bring a camera to our next performance and post something.

:lol: Alright, here it goes.

I've been playing for about 11 months now (11 months Sept. 29th.) and I'm approaching a year now. I feel like I haven't accomplished much (Well, learning to play, but those are details.) And for this past week, this has been bothering me, so for the past week, I feel like I haven't improved one bit, and that is bothering me as well.

My first question is: What can I do to feel like I've done the best I could the first year of learning to play, to feel actually..proud?

My second question is about theory.
I REALLY want to learn theory, because I find it awesomely interesting and I want to know what I'm playing. My second question is: Where should I start learning theory, should I go to a teacher, or can I pick it up on my own?

Hey Brandon, I'm considering in investing in a Loomis signature guitar (not anytime soon though, buying mics and other "shit"). I know it is a quality guitar, but what do you have to say about it? Looking for a 7 string and I think it might be the one. Any problems you've had with it?

Not at all, it's the greatest guitar I've ever touched. It stays in perfect tuning all the time, sounds fucking excellent, plays even better than it looks. Get it, I guarantee you'll love that guitar to death.