Guitar Player's Thread

I use Daddario 0.10-0.46 or GHS Boomers of the same gauge. Excellent strings. I play mostly in D so they hold the tuning and they are ok for Drop C too.

I'm using the strings that came with my RG550 atm, they're probably from the same year as the guitar, so i think it's time to change them soon :lol:
I normally use 9's for E or Eb tuning.

I'm using the strings that came with my RG550 atm, they're probably from the same year as the guitar, so i think it's time to change them soon :lol:
I normally use 9's for E or Eb tuning.

Id want 3 guitars. Jackson RR24 in D tuning a Jackson DK2M snow white in E tuning and a ESP edwards al 128 saw tooth in Drop C. Only 2 guitars to go:lol: Well i might be getting the Jackson next year OR then ill save up and get the edwards in 2 years. But i might try a seymour duncan blackout in that one since its supposed to be a improved vesrion of emg 81 so that pretty much kicks ass.

Id want 3 guitars. Jackson RR24 in D tuning a Jackson DK2M snow white in E tuning and a ESP edwards al 128 saw tooth in Drop C. Only 2 guitars to go:lol: Well i might be getting the Jackson next year OR then ill save up and get the edwards in 2 years. But i might try a seymour duncan blackout in that one since its supposed to be a improved vesrion of emg 81 so that pretty much kicks ass.

That's cool, but i don't know why you quoted me :ill:

I use D'Addario 10's and I'm satisfied. I change them every 6-8 weeks, if I have the money. If you have to pay your food and your rent and fucking university, you think twice about spending money, even for 6 Euros. :(

By the way, I just watched out of the window and noticed, that a damn hot blonde lives in the flat on the other side of the street. I just wanted to let you know, I don't know why.

Probably coz of the tuning thing u talked bout:lol: Im having thought jumps again beware! Well yeah i thought itd be cool to have those and i want a superstrat guitar in E and the Dinky is perfecto!!! :D

I use D'Addario 10's and I'm satisfied. I change them every 6-8 weeks, if I have the money. If you have to pay your food and your rent and fucking university, you think twice about spending money, even for 6 Euros. :(

By the way, I just watched out of the window and noticed, that a damn hot blonde lives in the flat on the other side of the street. I just wanted to let you know, I don't know why.

Its cool i can live at home while going to this school. Ill be in this school till im 19 i think. So im living practicly free:) And then its good when i get work at summers and can buy new gear. Now ill work for 3 summers...after 2 ill buy a edwards or then ill buy a jackson dinky next year.

well,now we know something more about your flat,LOL.

turning back to the strings,I use D'Addario 10-52 for D tuning,and 10-56 or 59 if I want drop C tunning.never tune in E,but I'd get 9-46 for that.and strings usually last for me 2-3 months,because my hand does sweat a lot+I usually play about 2-3 hours every single day(when rehearshig it can go to 6 easily),so the strings get fucked up easily.:(

Put the amp in the window and shredd!

Have you tried recording anything with your KORG? How does the sound compare to your RG?

I'm playing through it now, sounds the same. Sounds better with the gain boost off. When it's on, it just goes really bassy and whatnot but then again, I don't exactly have decent amplification equipment. I'll try it through my MP-1 at the weekend.

Oh fuck...

s5001747wz9.jpg

s5001753hx7.jpg

I wanted to reply to this so bad, but, well . . . you know :lol:
That is one nice axe you got there! I'm happy for you, you deserve it :kickass:

How is the gainboost, or can you not really tell with your current gear? Never been a fan of active pickups and I am curious to how the gain boost + passive pickup sound. I can see you love to pose with it as well ;D