Guitar Player's Thread

Hmmm, I'm just thinking of what guitar I should save up and get. I had previously just bean looking at ESP/LTD, Ibanez, Jackson and customs. But today I decided to check out the Dean site and I found this.

http://www.deanguitars.com/summer06/vendetta4_floyd.htm

And I can get it for £412.

It's very tempting, neck-thru, comes with Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups. And it would fit in my gigbag and hardcase...

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Dean guitars and what they think?

I've never seen anyone else call it a vibrato system before.. As far as I'm concerned it's called a tremolo system.

Same, vibrato is a finger technique...not a trem :rofl: Silly american guitar makers :p

Hmmm, I'm just thinking of what guitar I should save up and get. I had previously just bean looking at ESP/LTD, Ibanez, Jackson and customs. But today I decided to check out the Dean site and I found this.

http://www.deanguitars.com/summer06/vendetta4_floyd.htm

And I can get it for £412.

It's very tempting, neck-thru, comes with Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups. And it would fit in my gigbag and hardcase...

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Dean guitars and what they think?

They have a few Deans at my local guitar shop, but they look so shitty that I couldn't even make myself try one, but MAB uses them, so they have to be good!

Same, vibrato is a finger technique...not a trem :rofl: Silly american guitar makers :p

Actually, you're wrong, creating pitch variance is a vibrato, and you can use a floyd rose to make a vibrato. There are numerous vibrato techniques which range from wiggling the string to slightly pushing on the neck to striking the back of the guitar.

yeah but still calling the device a "vibrato" makes no fucking sense.

and vibrato is a rapid raising and lowering of a pitch.

I agree, vibrato would be the action of pushing/pulling on the whammy bar since by definition it means creating pitch variance. The device used to do so is called the tremolo.

Some swedes call it "Svaj", which is the swedish word for it, it pretty much means "swing"

Vibrato is used on way more many things that just guitar. It's not a guitar technique.

Vocals/violin/cello/keyboard/flute etc anyone?

OH YEAH! I got me ol' American Kramer back today from the shop. had it all fixed up, this is stage 1. it plays like a beauty, got the floyd setup and unblocked so i can finally pull off my sweet dime squeals. next step is to replace pickups/electronics. it costed a tad bit more then i expected but that' fine, it probably because the had to replace two saddles. pics will come later tonight, have to charge phone.