Guitar Player's Thread

hey I just got a new guitar but im setting it up and I have a question, Ive never had an orginal floyd, how the fuck do you take the bar off?

well it's called ligado in this book that i have from my guitar class last semester. but then again, this book is meant to play classical guitar stuff, so maybe that's why they spell it differently.
so anyway, i think i'll put a hold on the tapping, learn some legato or ligado or however you wanna spell it and then go back to tapping :p

What helped my tapping the most (tapping scales all over the fretboard, not the one string tapping) is this dimished tapping lick from Michael Romeo. Before i found it, i had trouble tapping whole scales, but practicing this improved it alot.

dimtap0jx.jpg

hey I just got a new guitar but im setting it up and I have a question, Ive never had an orginal floyd, how the fuck do you take the bar off?

What guitar did you get?

After sitting down and watching the Guitar Chapter, I cried for a few minutes, and then picked up my guitar again and watched it again. It did wonders for my playing.

floyds have a screw in whammy bar dont they? I would'nt know as Ive only ever had Ibanez's....You do mean the whammy bar right?

thats not how mine is, I think I may have to clamp something and twist the bar off. And I got a kramer stiker 400 st

yea early models came with the non-locking, traditional style trem so it probably just unscrews itself. i'd get a better floyd rose with grover tune pegs installed

eh ill hold off for now, and I just played it and it sounds pretty good but low on distortion, lower then my guitar with passive pick-ups, so I opened up the back, I looked at the battery and there was a red wire and a black wire coming from it. The red one was connected to other wires but the black one was not connected to anything. I think this is the source. What should I connect it to? ( kind of directed towards rock as he knows these things)

eh ill hold off for now, and I just played it and it sounds pretty good but low on distortion, lower then my guitar with passive pick-ups, so I opened up the back, I looked at the battery and there was a red wire and a black wire coming from it. The red one was connected to other wires but the black one was not connected to anything. I think this is the source. What should I connect it to? ( kind of directed towards rock as he knows these things)

No, black is NEVER source. Black is ground.

What helped my tapping the most (tapping scales all over the fretboard, not the one string tapping) is this dimished tapping lick from Michael Romeo. Before i found it, i had trouble tapping whole scales, but practicing this improved it alot.

dimtap0jx.jpg

hey thanks. i'll be sure to add that on to my practice routine. i've decided that the only way i'll actually get somwhere is if i practice a little of something everyday. so like 15 min. of sweeping, 15 min of tapping, 15 min of legato, etc. i've been feeling like i've been getting no where lately, so maybe this schedule will work :erk:

Here's an E Minor tapping lick my teacher gave me to practice my tapping, it's relatively easy and it develops dexterity and endurance since it's a loop.

Just play this over and over again, it's kickass:
Emtappingexercise.jpg

Well, the black wire should be soldered to some unpainted metal that's not part of thie curcuit, also. Yeah, change the battery. When the battery dies in an active pickup, current flows the opposite direction, making all the voltage negative. (in layman's terms, it sounds like shit)