Guitar Player's Thread

Just thought some of you may be interested in Gilbert playing some "in your face" shred solos on Joey Tafolla's instrumental album, "Out Of The Sun".

http://media.putfile.com/Paul-Gilbert-solos-on-Joey-Tafollas-Out-of-the-Sun-album

He did guest solos on 4 tracks and I've just combined them into one so check it out. Tone isn't the best but the playing kicks my fucking ass (obviously). :erk:

I wish he'd play like this again but it'll never happen.

Just thought some of you may be interested in Gilbert playing some "in your face" shred solos on Joey Tafolla's instrumental album, "Out Of The Sun".

http://media.putfile.com/Paul-Gilbert-solos-on-Joey-Tafollas-Out-of-the-Sun-album

He did guest solos on 4 tracks and I've just combined them into one so check it out. Tone isn't the best but the playing kicks my fucking ass (obviously). :erk:

I wish he'd play like this again but it'll never happen.

Those sound great, as usual!

Yeah, it would be nice to hear more of that "Yngwie-influenced" -stuff in his playing but he's really in to bluesy stuff nowadays (which still imo is great stuff though). :D

Same with Alexi. He said he stopped playing like Yngwie because at the time, everyone was trying to do it and he didn't want to be just another one of them so he started playing more bluesy? :erk:

Alexi, Yngwie >>>>>Zakk Wylde...k?

:D

post 666 YESS!!!!

Same with Alexi. He said he stopped playing like Yngwie because at the time, everyone was trying to do it and he didn't want to be just another one of them so he started playing more bluesy? :erk:

Alexi, Yngwie >>>>>Zakk Wylde...k?

:D
Zakk Wylde is overrated. He's great, but still pretty overrated.

there really is no such thing as a "Black Metal" pickup. That all comes from the amp. The X2N just adds more stab to your distortion.

The intro is wrong, didn't bother to see it all, but why put up a song when you know it's sloppy?

i wanted to see how well i could perform while being filmed. I would re-record it, and I probably will in the future, but I am busy trying to get a Dream Theater song down. If I got the intro wrong, then could you tell me what I did wrong?