Guitar Player's Thread

Yes, I wouldn't know if I'd still prefer a 100W amp over a 50W amp. But 50W Transistor wouldn't be an option to me.

However, it's cool to have more headroom when you play with a loud drummer. I always had the feeling, that 50W couldn't assert against me.

Nah a 50 watt Transistor wouldnt do for me anymore either(seeing it was a 60 watt i used before) Results of a loud drummer and another guitarist practicing=Amp blown up:1 time Amp speaker wrecked:1 time:lol: I think it just coudnt take the beating. Now that i have Randall Tube 50 watt head and behringer cab its really good though since the amp aint THAT FUCKIN LOUD but its fuckin loud. Theres headroom but i still can get it easily to some sweet spots...in fact theres lots of headroom and very little noise. Excellent.

if you REALLY FUCKING LOVE the sound of Midi, then it would be awesome

If you REALLLY hate the sound of midi, it would suck

Catch my drift?

Did you even read the part about me NOT HAVING ENOUGH SPACE FOR AN AMP THAT SIZE?

Don't mean to sound like a cunt but it's the only thing stopping me. You think I would be using a £99 effects unit to record if I could afford and had the space for Yngwie's amp setup?

i wasn't trying to be a cunt, hence the "not trying to boast" bit. I just wanted to clarify that the pandora's box DID NOT have a mic output area. i.e. im looking for a mic setup, and seeing as i liked your tone, was curious as to whether the box would be a possibility.

Its probably been said but can you export the midi from GP and import it into Drumkit form Hell like you could in Fruity Loops?

Yeah, it's the JVM.
Does it sound typically marshall?

hm, tough question. i can get a typically zakk wylde tone out of it, and i can also get something close to alexi. My usual EQ is mids max, treble 1o'clock-3.5o'clock, and bass 4o'clock-max depending on volume, what i'm playing, etc. it actually sounds pretty similar to MJR's tone in the damnation game through the odyssey era, if you own those albums. erm. it's hard to describe a tone :cry:

record signal>EQ frequencies>mix (adjust volumes and pans)?

haha that was probably the worst guess in the world but hey
Basically, that's it. Though, all three steps can go with each other, so that you mix a bit while you record the tracks. And mixing is more than panning and adjusting the volume. There are typical mixing effects like compression, reverb, blabla. My mix only contains of panning and the volume thing

yeah ok, thanks.

har, seeing as I don't own a sequencer

unless audacity counts.
I don't know audacity, but Kristal is a freeware sequencer many people use. Or you could download Cubase or Logic illegaly, what I don't recommend, of course

audacity = free multitrack recording/mixing software.

Plugin as you recorded your dry guitar and ran it through a uh... plugin?
The chain is
Guitar->clean Vamp(not necessary)->Mixer(with preamps)->soundcard->virtually: Secquencer->Plugins(effects and stuff)->record)
I'm not a pro at these things.

yeah I guess I'm just not sure what a sequencer/plugin actually does

edit: so you're using an external mixing unit? :confused:

Its probably been said but can you export the midi from GP and import it into Drumkit form Hell like you could in Fruity Loops?

Depends on how you use DKFH. As far as I know, Guitar Pro uses the GM-Drummap. So you have to make sure in your sequencer, that the DKFH-sounds lie on the right places in the drummap. And then, you have to edit the velocities of each drum to make it sound decent.

I never tried this, but it should work.

edit: so you're using an external mixing unit? :confused:
I have a little mixer, but I only use it because my soundcard doesn't have preamps. So I don't mix anything with the mixer.

Depends on how you use DKFH. As far as I know, Guitar Pro uses the GM-Drummap. So you have to make sure in your sequencer, that the DKFH-sounds lie on the right places in the drummap. And then, you have to edit the velocities of each drum to make it sound decent.

I never tried this, but it should work.

I have a little mixer, but I only use it because my soundcard doesn't have preamps. So I don't mix anything with the mixer.

i'm just not familiar with the term(s) plugin, sequencer, mixer, preamp (ok i get preamp, just not in this context lol). thanks a ton for all you've already explained though, I know I can get tiring pretty quickly.

Recording is such a vast term that one would probably get tired of it by just listening to someone explain it. The best thing is just trial and error, try what you think works. If you can make an awesome tone from cheap gear and sucky programs, you could probably make it even better with more awesome gear.