Guitar Player's Thread

hey guys!
wazzup? i hope u can help me out this time...i'm playing guitar now for 1 year and i just started with learning harmonics and stuff and now i wanted to do that artificial harmonic stuff and i'd be very happy if someone could help me out with some good exercises (not gp plz) ! thx!
flo

hey guys!
wazzup? i hope u can help me out this time...i'm playing guitar now for 1 year and i just started with learning harmonics and stuff and now i wanted to do that artificial harmonic stuff and i'd be very happy if someone could help me out with some good exercises (not gp plz) ! thx!
flo

You don't need exercises for it. Just try it until you find out the best way to do it.

The green screen is the plugin ozone (from izotope). I have it and it seems to be a mastering tool or something like this. Equalizing, Compression, Reverb etc. I never used it, perhaps I should start to.

Btw, I have noticed that the EZDrummer follows the normal GM-Map, just like Guitar Pro(The first Video showed it, too).
So you can go like this:

Open Guitar Pro
Click file -> export -> midi

Open your Cubase Project/any Sequencer
Click file -> import -> midi

Now scroll down to find the imported midi-track
Click on the track. On the left side, select "ezdrummer" as the outputting intrument

It will sound weird at first.

Click Midi -> Drum-editor (or how it's calledin the english version)
You can see every hit in the upcoming window.
Choose "Main Velocity" in the Scrolldown Menu at the lower left side of the window.
Set the velocity for the hits much higher. Experiment a bit, because no drummer hits always with the same strength.

The Humanize-Function of the ezdrummer might help to let it sound less robotic, I'll have to try it out.

std2.jpg

Never knew alexi had a guitar like that :Smug: Looks a bit like the Limited edition one sold in finland but that one has different inlays and loooks generally different.

Hawt. Almost like mine :D

This is pretty stupid, but i was noodling around on the guitar and i figured out that the Pink Panther theme is based on the harmonic minor scale. Fkin Yngwie ripoff

hey guys!
flo

I was going to ask something similar. I mean, I know how to do it, but I'm not getting good at it.... i guess we should just practice it over and over like a billion times 'till it happens.

I was going to ask something similar. I mean, I know how to do it, but I'm not getting good at it.... i guess we should just practice it over and over like a billion times 'till it happens.

Do you hold your pick so just a tiny bit of the pick shows?

It was like that for me, I had a hard time with it and then just one day it clicked. I can do it pretty much on demand now, even on upstrokes sometimes (still somewhat tough to pull off).

Do you hold your pick so just a tiny bit of the pick shows?

yeah, like my thumb and the pick both touch the string. but i've noticed that the pinched harmonic sound actually comes easier, or sounds clearer, when you're playing on a better amp. I remember when i was playing on my friend's Mesa, it was easier for me. but maybe it had something to do with his gain...

Depends on how you use DKFH. As far as I know, Guitar Pro uses the GM-Drummap. So you have to make sure in your sequencer, that the DKFH-sounds lie on the right places in the drummap. And then, you have to edit the velocities of each drum to make it sound decent.

I never tried this, but it should work.

Thanks. I'll try to download DKFH soon a test this out my self. I'm interested in learning all this but all this talk is losing me! :lol: I think Inhe said that its just better to try it yourself than reading a bunch of terms that have no significance to a recording software n00b like myself.

yeah, like my thumb and the pick both touch the string. but i've noticed that the pinched harmonic sound actually comes easier, or sounds clearer, when you're playing on a better amp. I remember when i was playing on my friend's Mesa, it was easier for me. but maybe it had something to do with his gain...

The gain obviously helps, but the harmonics are still going to be audible without an amp if done correctly. Try out until you get a good sound.

Thanks. I'll try to download DKFH soon a test this out my self. I'm interested in learning all this but all this talk is losing me! :lol: I think Inhe said that its just better to try it yourself than reading a bunch of terms that have no significance to a recording software n00b like myself.

Check out what Corny said (Quoted after this), I didn't got what he said first about DKFH, but he explained it well after.

@Kevin(?) and Mitch:

Afaik, EZDrummer is not a "standalone" plugin.You need a sequencer like Cubase, Logic, Kristal etc.

Kristal is Freeware and has a very good reputation. http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
I use Cubase SX (not freeware) and I never used Kristal. SO I can't help you in all Details if you download Kristal.

When you have installed your sequencer (where you record and mix all the tracks.), try to activate a VST-Instrument. EzDrummer should be in the list.
I can explain you more if you have a sequencer on your PC.

The green screen is the plugin ozone (from izotope). I have it and it seems to be a mastering tool or something like this. Equalizing, Compression, Reverb etc. I never used it, perhaps I should start to.

Btw, I have noticed that the EZDrummer follows the normal GM-Map, just like Guitar Pro(The first Video showed it, too).
So you can go like this:

Open Guitar Pro
Click file -> export -> midi

Open your Cubase Project/any Sequencer
Click file -> import -> midi

Now scroll down to find the imported midi-track
Click on the track. On the left side, select "ezdrummer" as the outputting intrument

It will sound weird at first.

Click Midi -> Drum-editor (or how it's calledin the english version)
You can see every hit in the upcoming window.
Choose "Main Velocity" in the Scrolldown Menu at the lower left side of the window.
Set the velocity for the hits much higher. Experiment a bit, because no drummer hits always with the same strength.

The Humanize-Function of the ezdrummer might help to let it sound less robotic, I'll have to try it out.

Thank you dude, I'll try this. I'll download Kristal till my friend brings me Cubase.

Btw, yes my name is Kevin :D