Guitar Player's Thread

James from Arsis had one like that. I seriously thought they were going to be the fruitiest band ever the first time I saw them live having never heard them before..

He came on stage with that pink/purple ibanez and was speaking with a lisp..

Turns out Arsis is great :p

I noticed that some scales have really weird fingerings. And you repeat the same note on different strings. Try to finger them 3 nps with every degree of the scale just once.

I noticed that some scales have really weird fingerings. And you repeat the same note on different strings. Try to finger them 3 nps with every degree of the scale just once.

Yeah, I did repeat it on purpose on diff strings.. I didnt think that much about it, just tried to not make any too difficult shapes , next time when I'm making such a things, I'm gonna think more about it all. But thanks for your thoughts.

EDIT: http://www.sendspace.com/file/engyxk This one was actually the first one I came out with, but I thought that I wanted to do one with more instruments than one... and a longer one also. What you think about that 1?

Does anyone have the officialt Epitaph tab book? Anyone who could transcribe me Symbiotic in Theory would be helping me out alot.

I would help you if I had it, but I don't so err sorry :lol: Although I do keep meaning to get it, when I do i'll be sure to PM if you'll still be interested, or if someone else submits..

Don't suppose you have a good Martyr - Carpe Diem Tab ?

I decided to learn the "Leper Affinity" solo, by Opeth. It's not very hard and it's a really good solo, so I decided to learn it, despite the fact that I do not like Opeth. If I learn it well, I'll post a vid, for once.

I'm not a fan of his music, but this song scares the shit out of me:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RNA1LfYbg

Extremely hard to play the licks seperated, but to play the whole song must be...woah!

And lol@ the absolutely typical licks in the middel-part.
it sounds and looks like he is practicing in front of camera to me.
besides having very kick ass technique i never notice anything musical from him

He never practiced with a metronome btw.

Neither did Bach, Handel, Vivaldi, Haydn, Mozart, or any other composer/musician who lived before 1812 (year of invention of metronome)...and no, I'm definitely not regarding Rusty Cooley to be on the same level as those composers. He's a decent guitarist/musician, but far from being a musical genius.

Anyway, the metronome is a good tool to check rhythmic accuracy with, but constant, mindless practice with a metronome is not a good thing.