Guitar Player's Thread

I, Voyager sweeps - 6th string roots with an add 9, for most of them.

strange scale combinations - is that kind of like MJR thinking he can "make up" a scale? :lol: they're just different modal fragments with perhaps a chromatic passage. although I'm not really sure what you mean by jeff's strange scale combos. modulation perhaps?

I don't know how to explain it technically,but I'm referring to the way he combines sweeps with scales in I,Voyager solo.the way he gets the sweep around the 14th fret and then jumps to the 6th for the ''scale part''.the weird thing is not the difficulty of the sweep or the scale on their own,but how he jumps from one side of the fretboard to the other flawlessly.maybe this just impresses me because I'm a pretty mediocre guitarist(prolly that's it),but when I see him doing this things is like when I see Chris Broderick with his 4 fingers tapping or Vai with his tremolo stuff:I can just sit,stare at them and pray to be,some day,half good as they are,:lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6620002 said:
And I hope not to be wrong but... isn't he the other guitarist who played in a live for the Ibanez anniversary in 1997, along with Gilbert and Vai?

'Cause if it's him then I have to agree, he's really great.
Exactly, it's him. The whole video is great, right?

@inhe: :lol: he's so damn self-assured :lol:

I had to listen to some intense shredding after to get my mind of the suckiness though :ill:

To get some movement in this thread i thibk everyone should state their Top 3 favorite guitarists!

Inhe and Mitch, you are bitches. I asked for everyones top 5 shredders on the previous page and noone reacted :lol:

I'll repeat them:
1. Steve Vai
2. Paul Gilbert
3. Michael J. Romeo
4. Andy Timmons
5. Joe Satriani

And my top 3 "normal" guitar-players are:
1. Steve Vai
2. Alexi Laiho
3. Paul Gilbert

Inhe and Mitch, you are bitches. I asked for everyones top 5 shredders on the previous page and noone reacted :lol:

Really? I must have missed that.

I think I'll record a video with my RR later and I'll post that here if anyone wants. Dno what to play though.

My fav players are:

1.Alexi(...i guess)
2.Michael Amott
3.Michael Romeo

Notice these are not the "best players" positions...Its just my favorite players.

Shredders are same as corny said(YAH IM A LAZY BIATCH ;D

3?

Thats fucking hard, also, i cant order them

but AT THE MOMENT

the following:

Jari Mäenpää
Jason Becker
Alexi Laiho

but really, there are so many, with so many different things that i really love..