Guitar Player's Thread

^did it ever happen to u that u just changed ur strings, tuned them and then a fukken string broke while tuning? a week ago this happened to me and i had no fukken strings at home :Smug: :lol:

well, i don't stretch my strings so no. i used to stretch them, but see metal strings require so much less stretching than nylon strings, so i broke a few stretching them. DR's are great like that though, don't really need stretching.

sure i'd love to have an amazing guitar collection with 18 sv's and 14 jems. but my whole thing is "do i/you deserve it"? i mean c'mon dont you hate knowing people that have really nice gear but dont have the chops to back up there multi-thousand dollar collections? i have to prove to myself that im fucking worth a new guitar or amp before i'll get anything.

Who woudnt love a collection? But i bet those multibillionare fuckasses dont feel so "worthy" and "deserving" about their gear since they didnt exactly d shit for it....I Proved myself worthy of new amp suffering in greenhousehell:lol: I would love to get a new guitar like next summer but i doubt ill afford one...have to work atleast 2 summers to get one. Not too bad...i can wait :) Makes the buying a lil bit more "magical :D"

Who woudnt love a collection? But i bet those multibillionare fuckasses dont feel so "worthy" and "deserving" about their gear since they didnt exactly d shit for it....I Proved myself worthy of new amp suffering in greenhousehell:lol: I would love to get a new guitar like next summer but i doubt ill afford one...have to work atleast 2 summers to get one. Not too bad...i can wait :) Makes the buying a lil bit more "magical :D"

Worthy being compared to your guitarskeelz or that you actually worked for your money?

^^Worked for it...im not worthy my jackson or my amp IMO...or maybe. I do make good use of them :) ...or maybe i do. Ive progressed enormously since i got the jackson. Found some vids of me playing when i got it...DAMN THEY SUCKED! When i look at it now it gives me a satisfaction i can play better. Theres no "daddy pays" in my family...if i want something i better work for it!!! BUT its damn satisfying when you get a new guitar and know youve earned the money yourself and so have earned the guitar honestly...i also get money sellling stuff.

Bout to get Peavey valve king 212 guitar combo by christmas.. Also, I'm after a new guitar, gotta get some job for next summer and see what I'm going to get.. I was thinking on a 7 string with tremolo or somekind of Ibanez around 450-650€ or so.

yeah that one is kewl...a Kerry king one would work too i guess. The next thing im getting is a new guitar i guess....but thats a LONG time away :D

yeah. the next thing i need is a new amp. see the marshall valvestate i have isnt even mine and i've been borrowing it since sept. of 05 :lol: i really want to get a nice half stack. but idk i have doubts because of my whole "do i deserve it" thing. it's kind of weird :erk:

"do i deserve it"

... You're parents bought you your guitar. Stop bullshitting.

And don't do the "oh my skills have improved" justification thing. So what? My skills have improved massively since I got my guitar, and I am working to save the money for a new one :rolleyes:

Yeah thx :D Yeah its holding up great. I dont need a pedal for it to get metal tones! Excellent cleans and its loud as fuck.:headbang:

you don't need a pedal with a good half stack...

... You're parents bought you your guitar. Stop bullshitting.

And don't do the "oh my skills have improved" justification thing. So what? My skills have improved massively since I got my guitar, and I am working to save the money for a new one :rolleyes:

+1

imo, deserving a guitar is determined by how much use and enjoyment you get out of it. skill shouldn't be a barrier to loving your instrument. if you play the fucker every day, and love every moment, you deserve it. end of story.

wtf my parents didnt buy my fucking guitar. i paid for half and then i borrowed the rest from them and after i got it i paid them back.

har?

you don't need a pedal with a good half stack...
imo, deserving a guitar is determined by how much use and enjoyment you get out of it. skill shouldn't be a barrier to loving your instrument. if you play the fucker every day, and love every moment, you deserve it. end of story.

The first that I get to agree with you.