Guitar Player's Thread

It's not a JEM, nor custom. It's a limited edition Universe, costs roughly $2000, and ofcourse it looks like a toy, it's a guitar!

No, i use my POD, which has a really great rythm tone, but there's not enough "bite" when soloing, which my practice amp has. I have a condenser mic, but that's for recording vocal stuff. Wouldn't it be better to move this to the Guitar thread btw? :ill:

hehe, yeah, i was thinking the same thing actually. we don't wanna clutter up mitchy's tab thread.

i bought just a regular mic for my laptob and i think it records pretty well. picks up the tiniest sounds and all. so i don't know if i should go for the sm57 thing...i kinda want a pod actually :D

hehe, yeah, i was thinking the same thing actually. we don't wanna clutter up mitchy's tab thread.

i bought just a regular mic for my laptob and i think it records pretty well. picks up the tiniest sounds and all. so i don't know if i should go for the sm57 thing...i kinda want a pod actually :D

You probably want to spend the least amount of money and get the best gear, but unfortunetly, gear is very personal, so the best thing is to try. The POD is really cool because you get a professionally sounding rythmtone with some tweaking, atleast to me.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F3AD462457551A72

I uploaded the "Riff3" some time ago, it's a thing i wrote, but i haven't gotten anywhere with it yet, the other one is a song me and my friend are working with our alternative pop/rockish band. I recorded the rythms and he did the leads.

that was good stuff. and yeah, rhythm was pretty professional sounding. the lead wasn't bad either (on riff 3). could maybe use a little more crunch. but good nonetheless.

They just recieved this guitar at my local shop

20050520515199da.jpg

UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want sex with it!!!!! NOW!!!!

Sorry, it's 3 in the morning, I just finished university stuff and have some problems going on, so I freak out when I finally see something really cool :lol:

I started working on Michael Romeo's solo from the Ayreon preview clip from the new album.

Here's the song. He plays the last of the 3 solos.

And Here's gp tab.

Some mistakes here and there that i couldn't bother with, like on bar 8 and 12.

I just set the intonation of my ibanez to perfect, I had problems with the a-string after changing to a higher gauge. It took me an hour and my guitar NEVER sounded so clean in the higher registers. I'm absolutely satisfied.