Guitar Player's Thread

:lol: but who cares if you pwn someone who is so much lower than you in terms of skill level. I'd just start ignoring them and be happy that the competition isn't much to worry about.

[ultimate truth]
Sorry Virtuoosi, but he is right. Perhaps you feel a bit upset because of the reactions, but it's really serious:
You will ruin your playing forever if you don't stop on the way you go at the moment. You seem to learn autodidactic - if you have a teacher who praises you bodom attempts, get a new one!
I suggest that you learn from a teacher, at least some months, who brings you on the right path.

There are 2 very, very big mistakes you seem to make (like many other players too):
1. You play songs which are absolutely out of your range
2. You lie to yourself

EDIT: Another important point: Internet can be useful but it's a balk aswell. People like in the "What bodom song did you learn first" baffle beginners. Plus, it's necessary that you filter the information the internet can give to you. Otherwise it'll steamroll you.

I think I might have to have a go too then. My RG's intonation is pissing me off. I can't even play my Ronan Keating song without either the fucking G, C or D being out of tune.
:lol:
I guess you know that the worst thing is when the ears get better and better. I wish I had never started to tab and tune by ear, my life would be much easier :lol:

This post is mainly aimed at Inhe, but others may find this interesting also...

I have Steve Vai's "The Infinite Steve Vai Anthology" and on the 2nd disc, the first track is one titled "Feathers". It says in the sleeve notes:

"Performed, Produced, Engineered and Mixed by Steve Vai.
All guitar sounds are generated from the Pandora PXR4 and the track was recorded into it.
Recorded in Los Angeles, CA, 2002."

I've also known about it but I think I already owned the normal PX4.

Just incause you haven't figured it out, the "R" simply stands for "recorder" or something. It's a basic 4 track.

You can download the track from here.

And just to add, here's some text from the site, korg.com.

"Steve Vai has written a beautiful piece on the PXR4 called "Feathers" and has allowed us to share it with the world. So plug in and jam along with Steve on this wonderful new masterpiece of music.

One piece of Korg gear that Steve is a big fan of and uses daily on tour and at home is the ToneWorks Pandora. So when Steve found out that Korg had introduced the new PXR4 4-Track digital recorder, he had to get his hands on one before he left for his European tour at the end of 2001."

Inhe, maybe you might wanna have a look around and see if you can find one of these for a low price instead. If you can get tones like that out of it, then I'm guessing it's pretty good!

^I knew and loved the song but I didn't know what equipment he used to record. Every info concerning Steve Vai is highly appreciated, thanks. If I was a girl, I would choose "Lady_Vai" as my username.

I should really think about it. When I registered, I didn't even know that "corny" has a meaning (a pretty fucked up one) in english. My friends call me like that since I can think.

Do you people just see it as a name or do you "read" the meaning of the word (what would be pretty shit)?

hahahahha. i actually laughed when i first saw your user name. i read it as the english definition of "corny" which is similar to "lame."

Is it your real name?

This post is mainly aimed at Inhe, but others may find this interesting also...

I have Steve Vai's "The Infinite Steve Vai Anthology" and on the 2nd disc, the first track is one titled "Feathers". It says in the sleeve notes:

"Performed, Produced, Engineered and Mixed by Steve Vai.
All guitar sounds are generated from the Pandora PXR4 and the track was recorded into it.
Recorded in Los Angeles, CA, 2002."

I've also known about it but I think I already owned the normal PX4.

Just incause you haven't figured it out, the "R" simply stands for "recorder" or something. It's a basic 4 track.

You can download the track from here.

And just to add, here's some text from the site, korg.com.

"Steve Vai has written a beautiful piece on the PXR4 called "Feathers" and has allowed us to share it with the world. So plug in and jam along with Steve on this wonderful new masterpiece of music.

One piece of Korg gear that Steve is a big fan of and uses daily on tour and at home is the ToneWorks Pandora. So when Steve found out that Korg had introduced the new PXR4 4-Track digital recorder, he had to get his hands on one before he left for his European tour at the end of 2001."

Inhe, maybe you might wanna have a look around and see if you can find one of these for a low price instead. If you can get tones like that out of it, then I'm guessing it's pretty good!

Wow, thanks for the info. I remember you mentioning something about vai using one of those. The tone is overall very nice, something i would deffinetly use for clean to slighly overdriver stuff, but since i was looking for pretty much your exact kind of tone i want to be sure that it can deliver it before i buy a Korg.

EDIT: I was listening to the song while typing, and i got to the distortion part now :lol: Awesome tone i must say, one of the best by Vai tbh.

I've never taken a lesson in my life either but I still know what I'm talking about. Take it or leave it.

Either have I. There is more than enough resources on the internet. I know and understand theory better than my buddy who has been taking lessons for over four/five years now. Its all about the motivation. There are no cutting corners when it comes to becoming great at something.

what is that supposed to mean? all guitars look like toys in your opinion?

"the only difference between men and boys are the size of their toys."

hahahahha. i actually laughed when i first saw your user name. i read it as the english definition of "corny" which is similar to "lame."

Is it your real name?

aye, me too :(

Either have I. There is more than enough resources on the internet. I know and understand theory better than my buddy who has been taking lessons for over four/five years now. Its all about the motivation. There are no cutting corners when it comes to becoming great at something.

yeah well, i promise promise promise you a good teacher speeds up the process by at least a factor of 2, if not exponentially more.