Guitar Player's Thread

^^I buy 30 of them and after 2 months i have 4 left...Then when i sit and take a shit i can suddenly find a jazz 3 sticking out under the carpet:lol:

I just set the intonation of my ibanez to perfect, I had problems with the a-string after changing to a higher gauge. It took me an hour and my guitar NEVER sounded so clean in the higher registers. I'm absolutely satisfied.

I already have some idea, but how did YOU do it to a guitar that (I think...) has a floating bridge?

I always thought you had to loosen the strings and mess about with the little screws on the bridge, retune and then test it. Is this how you did it?

And what was the date when you sent off that mag? I still haven't recieved it yet.

I started working on Michael Romeo's solo from the Ayreon preview clip from the new album.

Here's the song. He plays the last of the 3 solos.

And Here's gp tab.

Some mistakes here and there that i couldn't bother with, like on bar 8 and 12.

Bumpage! Could someone atleast look at it, and maybe come with some suggestions to changes. :ill:

don't you have gp5?or do you hate it as many people(which I don't understand,what makes it bad?)?I mean,it's just preferences,but I don't find gp4 better than gp5.the RSE is annoying,but you just need to dissable it.

I already have some idea, but how did YOU do it to a guitar that (I think...) has a floating bridge?

I always thought you had to loosen the strings and mess about with the little screws on the bridge, retune and then test it. Is this how you did it?

Yes, it's easier than most people think. Everbody advised that I should go to a professional because It'd be so hard. No way!

I did it like that:
1. I tuned the guitar to perfect pitch with a tuner.
2. I frettened the high E in the 24th fret, looked at the tuner and beared in mind if it's sharp or flat and how much.
2. I loosened the high e-string (but didn't take it off). Then turned the screw of the high E on the bridge with an allen wrench. If you move the thing in direction of the body, the pitch goes sharp (the other direction: it goes flat).
3. I tuned the high e-string perfectly, fretted the 12th fret, than the 24th, looked at the tuner again. It wasn't perfect yet, so I redid the whole stuff (it took 3 or 4 times or something, I'm picky).
4. I did the same thing with the other strings. And don't forget to tune all strings perfectly when you make the adjustments.

Requirements:
Normal tuning stuff + a tiny allen wrench.
Know how to deal with floating bridges (tuning etc.).
Be calm, not the way you were (I think that applied to all of us during our first tuning session with a floyd) when floating bridges were new to you.

You can get a better description written in much better english on:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
It's an awesome site for ibanez lovers.

That's exactly how I thought you'd done it. It just seems like it'd take ages to keep tuning, loosening, tuning, loosening etc. :(

" It's November, 2007 and I'm back in the recording studio making a brand new CD! After the success of the "GET OUT OF MY YARD" CD and playing on G3 this year, I am feeling inspired and still very much in the mood for guitar music. So this new CD will be all-instrumental as well. I will announce more details soon, but now I have to dedicate my time to writing new songs and making new sounds on the electric guitar! " Paul Gilbert

Yay! :oops:

K my another video recorded with mobile phone cam, I "stucked" a bit on couple parts, but w/e. Took with couple shots, gonna upload a version where I play it pretty much 100% clean by when and IF i manage to get my webcam working. Look more on the technique please, and give some CC/ advice on how I could improve. And also sorry for the sucky tone, it's the only amp I have (6W roland micro cube), gonna get peavey valve king 212 somewhere by christmas or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
" It's November, 2007 and I'm back in the recording studio making a brand new CD! After the success of the "GET OUT OF MY YARD" CD and playing on G3 this year, I am feeling inspired and still very much in the mood for guitar music. So this new CD will be all-instrumental as well. I will announce more details soon, but now I have to dedicate my time to writing new songs and making new sounds on the electric guitar! " Paul Gilbert

Yay! :oops:

:stiffy:

I still wonder what my favourite track on GOOMY is.

1. Straight through the telephone
2. The Curse Of Castle Dragon
3. Rusty Old Boat

Somethin like that.

@Mitch: As I said, it took an hour for me, and I think I'm not able to set up and tune a floyd as fast as you.

:stiffy:

I still wonder what my favourite track on GOOMY is.

1. Straight through the telephone
2. The Curse Of Castle Dragon
3. Rusty Boat

Somethin like that.

If i had to choose a top 3 it would be

1. Da curse
2. Echo Song
3. Twelve Twelve

UH?

Are you serious? Or are you just trying to insult me or sth lol?:err:

EDIT: I got a better version now if that's the prob, asked sis to record it.

No, we're not serious. I'm terribly sorry but that was horrendous. If you managed to hit the right notes, play in time and not hit an unbearable amount of open strings, it wouldn't be too bad...but you're evidently NOT READY FOR THIS KIND OF GUITAR PLAYING YET. Please don't give us this "I can play it 100% perfect" stuff because I really won't believe it at all.

I strongly suggest you cut out the COB from the practise scedule and aim for something easy like some simple chords, simple chords and Drop D powerchord songs. Build a good rhythm, get used to playing chords quickly and simple lines on the higher strings but for the love of fucking shit, do not try to play the Kissing the Shadows solos!!!!

I may sound a bit harsh but if you carry on this way, you will literally never improve. Start again while you still can and progress a lot quicker.

Corny said:
@Mitch: As I said, it took an hour for me, and I think I'm not able to set up and tune a floyd as fast as you.

I think I might have to have a go too then. My RG's intonation is pissing me off. I can't even play my Ronan Keating song without either the fucking G, C or D being out of tune.