Guitar Player's Thread

there really is no such thing as a "Black Metal" pickup. That all comes from the amp. The X2N just adds more stab to your distortion.
Oh, right then. Thanks anyway, I might get this pickup, and I heard you just change the bass, treble etc. on the amp in order to create a more black metal effect, as I tried today using mine:D
I try and keep my hands clean when I play, but when It comes to strings I try to clean them everynight with Dunlop formula 65, it really gets the dirt off, I also put it on my neck to keep it slick.

When I read that, my first impression was that you cleaned your own neck:lol: with the formula I thought, how dirty does your neck get?

there really is no such thing as a "Black Metal" pickup. That all comes from the amp. The X2N just adds more stab to your distortion.
of course there isnt a "black metal" pickup, but there surely is a pickup which is good for black metal... and i dunno if the x2n would be surely NOT the right one... it has less bass than other PUs and way too much mids for a black sound... better take a emg-hz for that i think...

Fuck that. This is a true Black Metal guitar:

Daisy-Rock-Electric-Guitar.jpg

hey mr fast I just tuned my 6 string down the B. Are you going to strke me down>?:lol:

bass in black metal = not true
emg = thick sound

----------------
...just to mention some prejudices :lol:

For BM, I would prefer Seymour Duncan, perhaps JB.
of course there are many forms of black metal... for example: satyricon has fucking much bass
anyway the JB is a good choice too

damn Ive had a locking nut for a while and I forgot how much of a bitch new strings are before they are stretched enough.