Guitar Player's Thread

Mitch, i'll be receiving my Korg Pandora tomorrow, it would be awesome if you could tell me the settings to your lead tone preset!

Hey guys i was wondering should the trem claw be straight?
EDIT: i set it up so the trem claw is straight and i find that the whammy bar now has less resistance moving up and down

Sorry for the 2nd post in a row, but I have a question about Jackson's custom shop guitars. Is there anywhere on the net (before you say JUSTFUKKENGOOGLEIT, I did and didn't find anything.) where I can get a form, or do I have to go to my nearest dealer to get one?

Thanks.

Just in case someone knows, if not, I'll go to my local guitar shop and ask.

Gnight!

Mitch, i'll be receiving my Korg Pandora tomorrow, it would be awesome if you could tell me the settings to your lead tone preset!

I think if I was him, I wouldn't tell the exact settings because it surely took some time to find them :p

And btw, if I was you, I wouldn't aim for the exact tone of another person.

Ok, yesterday I read again in a workshop that Steve Vai never travels without his pandora, I should get it too :lol:

I think if I was him, I wouldn't tell the exact settings because it surely took some time to find them :p

And btw, if I was you, I wouldn't aim for the exact tone of another person.

Ok, yesterday I read again in a workshop that Steve Vai never travels without his pandora, I should get it too :lol:

I don't know if you noticed, but i uploaded the rythm settings that took me one month to find on the POD. Even if people aren't going to use that exact preset, it's a really good start, and i was thinking the same with the pandora settings. I'm not looking for the exact sound, but if i were to fiddle around and find something myself, i would probably end up with the same sound, only that it would take me 10 times as long.

I found this and attempted to finish it >8(

Jeff Loomis Untitled Solo

I'm no drummer =O

p.s. - I would love for comments and corrections, I want to finish it!

wow!nice work.just something,could you upload the original file(the song or whatever it is)or tell which is?if not it's gonna be difficult trying to help(even though I don't think I'll be much help as I'm not an experienced tabber).sorry if you have already posted or named it and I missed it.:)

Not if he says that it's a necessary step to develop own personality on the instrument :p

And that would be a bit true. I want to get this thing because Vai, Mitch and others showed that cool sounds are possible but I don't want to copy other players.

Ooops, I hope Inhe is not offended now!

I don't know if you noticed, but i uploaded the rythm settings that took me one month to find on the POD. Even if people aren't going to use that exact preset, it's a really good start, and i was thinking the same with the pandora settings. I'm not looking for the exact sound, but if i were to fiddle around and find something myself, i would probably end up with the same sound, only that it would take me 10 times as long.

basically. not helping someone else because it "took you awhile to do it yourself" is just an immature attitude. I think we did that in grammar school. there's no self-righteous justification to "develop your own tone hey!" for it, because he knows how he wants to sound, and he wants to start with mitch's presets. and mitch, probably being a pretty damn generous mentor (just read his posts to intelligent questions), i think would be happy to send them to him. its not like we track "favor for a favor" shit, i mean come on. any teacher of any art would agree with me.

Exactly and so do I!
"I think if I was him, I wouldn't tell the exact settings because it surely took some time to find them " wasn't meant to be serious, that's why I put a :p behind it.

I just think that everyone should find his own sound and I'm 99% sure that Inhe will take Mitch's sound as a starting point to develop a tone which fits to his own playing.

I'm absolutely not into this "knowledge-equal-power" thing... You mentioned grammar school: I recently transferred 1.600 latin vocabels with all their conjugations and declinations from our book into a PC-Vocabulary-Trainer. It was very,very much work and took hours, but of course I share the result with the other students.