Guitar Player's Thread

I absolutly LOVE that shape, great find. :lol: In the last 2 pages you've proved the Jackson RR w/grn pins isn't the only guitar you want after all :p

I absolutly LOVE that shape, great find. :lol: In the last 2 pages you've proved the Jackson RR w/grn pins isn't the only guitar you want after all :p

True. There's a few other guitars I like but the RR IS the number one.

7y4y80l.jpg

I have a question: How much of a difference does a good soundcard make in contrast to a shitty one? Say, hypothetically, Ihne were to use Warheart's same preset but he has a crappy soundcard, would the difference be largely noticeable?

So after some testing and tweaking i figured that the pickups in my Jem have higher output than Mitch's RG/Jackson. So that preset didn't really work that well, i'm trying out some different tones, but i'm not comming up with "that" tone. I'm just going to have to tweak some more.

Soundcard maybe? Does it make a huge difference? Sorry for the noobie question.

From what i've heard, it does [ EDIT: Appearently not :lol: ], but luckily i do have a semi-professional soundcard. The problem is that it mostly sounds quite thin and "home studio-ish". I've tried some different stuff, and using another amp and taking away the compression does work better, but it's still pretty not quite there.

Ok, still a little confused. Does an interface (like a toneport or something shredtastical mentioned a while back) take place of a soundcard? To be honest I'm not sure if I even have a souncard :lol: I'm guessing all computers have them (?)

Ok, still a little confused. Does an interface (like a toneport or something shredtastical mentioned a while back) take place of a soundcard? To be honest I'm not sure if I even have a souncard :lol: I'm guessing all computers have them (?)

Does sound come out of your computer? If so, you probably have speakers/headphones, follow the wire to where it ends, that's the soundcard!

A guy selling a Line6 Toneport wrote

Hi,
I'm selling my Line 6 Toneport UX2 that I bought new less than a year ago. It's a great unit and is in perfect condition but I have no need for it at the moment since I no longer have an electric guitar (or bass). It's an awesome unit that doubles as an excellent soundcard audio interface. Basically it's POD, Bass POD, audio interface/soundcard, and Vocal pre-amp simulator all in one! For those unfamiliar with it, check out the videos and audio demos at:

www.line6.com/toneportux2

Hope this helps.

dude, judging my your question about this subject you seem to have absolutely no clue. i would recommend you to get a new guitar instead of ruining the one you currently have, unless you have alot of money and ruining it is not a problem which i doubt because if you would you would simply go and by a new one with 24 frets.
SO!
check some guitar building books forums and websites.
awesome place to start from would be [SIZE=-1]www.projectguitar.com
you need to understand what is guitar and how does it work.

you can choose any scale length that you want its the question of how your frets lay in it.
[/SIZE]
yeah dude i have no fuckin clue...and nope i dont have money :p how will a new fret board ruin my guitar?