Guitar Player's Thread

Ok, still a little confused. Does an interface (like a toneport or something shredtastical mentioned a while back) take place of a soundcard? To be honest I'm not sure if I even have a souncard :lol: I'm guessing all computers have them (?)

an interface is/includes a soundcard.

Soundcard maybe? Does it make a huge difference? Sorry for the noobie question.
it does. standart onboard and so on cards usually have ok output
something that would go for the most users of the world because not everybody are audiophiles.
second thing about sound cards is that most of them produced for out put purpeses the input usually crap, low sensitivity low spectrum low what ever and how ever you want to call it that causes shity sound results.
now days i am using onboard sound card for gaming and movies its some stock7.1 crap
though for recording and sound work i am using ESI Juli@ http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=43
Specifications:
DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- supports MME/WDM, DirectSound, ASIO 2.0, GSIF 2.0
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or better.

this great range IS NOTICEABLE in quality of recording and playback
its sounds crisp clean and rich.
its not like RMI but definitely in the class in terms of sound quality.
for home use and recordings I couldn't ask for more in the price range.

yeah dude i have no fuckin clue...and nope i dont have money :p how will a new fret board ruin my guitar?
new neck or fretboard wont ruin your guitar its just that i doubt you will manage to sit it in the correct spot.
i am not sure how you are going to strip the fretboard off your neck and glue a new one but if your skills are good enough good luck.
don't forget to show us the results of your work.
the other thing is that even if you do find a replacement neck with the same holes where neck and body joins, most likely your intonation of the entire fretboard will be incorrect.
the thing in guitar is no matter what scale length you choose its the way the length is divided.
the 12th fret is always in the middle between nut and the bridge
the 24th fret is always in the middle between the 12th fret and the bridge
so what you would have to do is to make sure your new neck will sit in the correct spot to preserve this rules. elsewise you can forget it intonation being correct.

other thing you can do is to continue the fret board on your body the upper frets will be harder to access. i have never saw nor heard any one doing so so you might be the first one. and again provide with some pics when you done.

and the last thing do your research on this website i gave you before and google it up some more info about it and you will know how much it is possible or not possible.
EVERYTHING is possible the only question is are YOU able to do it or not.

7,000 Posts!!!!!!!

86jp3j7.gif

71xsn06.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyone want anything?

I wouldn't mind if you taught me how to actually get an amazing lead tone :cool:

Are you having trouble with the PX4 or something? Have you done any recordings?

┼Victim of the Night┼;6722819 said:
Yay... congratz, tab d00d! :kickass:

...and yeah, I want something. :)

I know you do. :saint:

(oh, the guitars? whoops...:lol:)

Are you having trouble with the PX4 or something? Have you done any recordings?

I pretty much only dialed in the tone you posted and tried some recordings, as i said, sounded pretty thin and overdistorted, and then i didn't really have time to play around with it. But i'm off work for 3 days in a row now, so i'm going to have time to look into it. I guess the major issue is that i can't get a good tone to "fit" in the mix, it sounds so out of place/thin/bad.

Btw, i finished the whole solo to Rodeo Clown by Conrad Simon!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FD2171F5760826B3