Guitar Player's Thread

Squeee said:
Sorry for the 2nd post in a row, but I have a question about Jackson's custom shop guitars. Is there anywhere on the net (before you say JUSTFUKKENGOOGLEIT, I did and didn't find anything.) where I can get a form, or do I have to go to my nearest dealer to get one?

Thanks.
Just in case someone knows, if not, I'll go to my local guitar shop and ask.

Gnight!

I hope you already checked out the Jackson Website itself?

You did, because you have used google ... NOT:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Jackson's+custom+shop+guitars+form&btnG=Google+Search

ok so to make a 22 fret guitar into 24 frets...i'll need a new neck right? i own an jackson RR3 which has 22 frets...so shall i make a new fretboard or the whole fuckin neck?

ok so to make a 22 fret guitar into 24 frets...i'll need a new neck right? i own an jackson RR3 which has 22 frets...so shall i make a new fretboard or the whole fuckin neck?
dude, judging my your question about this subject you seem to have absolutely no clue. i would recommend you to get a new guitar instead of ruining the one you currently have, unless you have alot of money and ruining it is not a problem which i doubt because if you would you would simply go and by a new one with 24 frets.
SO!
check some guitar building books forums and websites.
awesome place to start from would be [SIZE=-1]www.projectguitar.com
you need to understand what is guitar and how does it work.

you can choose any scale length that you want its the question of how your frets lay in it.
[/SIZE]

Exactly and so do I!
"I think if I was him, I wouldn't tell the exact settings because it surely took some time to find them " wasn't meant to be serious, that's why I put a :p behind it.

I just think that everyone should find his own sound and I'm 99% sure that Inhe will take Mitch's sound as a starting point to develop a tone which fits to his own playing.

I'm absolutely not into this "knowledge-equal-power" thing... You mentioned grammar school: I recently transferred 1.600 latin vocabels with all their conjugations and declinations from our book into a PC-Vocabulary-Trainer. It was very,very much work and took hours, but of course I share the result with the other students.

my apologies for unwarranted flaming then, i'm sorry for the misunderstanding :p (btw, you do realize grammar school in America is the lowest level of schooling for like 5-10 year olds right? :p)

on another note, i just got loaned a VHS copy of Vinnie Moore's Speed, Accuracy, & Articulation video, which I think I'm going to go watch soon :lol:

Exactly and so do I!
"I think if I was him, I wouldn't tell the exact settings because it surely took some time to find them " wasn't meant to be serious, that's why I put a :p behind it.

I just think that everyone should find his own sound and I'm 99% sure that Inhe will take Mitch's sound as a starting point to develop a tone which fits to his own playing.

I'm absolutely not into this "knowledge-equal-power" thing... You mentioned grammar school: I recently transferred 1.600 latin vocabels with all their conjugations and declinations from our book into a PC-Vocabulary-Trainer. It was very,very much work and took hours, but of course I share the result with the other students.

This sure turned into some discussion :lol:

I already have "my sound", which i get from how i mute and how i pick, and this is exactly how i want it, and using Mitch's preset as a starting, will most probably yield the tone i'm after. Although i'm starting to doubt that he actually will share it now :cool: So even if he doesn't share, i'm still going to find my own sound, but it will probably take about the time it took for Mitch do dial it in.

This sure turned into some discussion :lol:

I already have "my sound", which i get from how i mute and how i pick, and this is exactly how i want it, and using Mitch's preset as a starting, will most probably yield the tone i'm after. Although i'm starting to doubt that he actually will share it now :cool: So even if he doesn't share, i'm still going to find my own sound, but it will probably take about the time it took for Mitch do dial it in.

As much as I don't like Zakk Wylde's composition skills, i think his tone is sexy as hell.

wow!nice work.just something,could you upload the original file(the song or whatever it is)or tell which is?if not it's gonna be difficult trying to help(even though I don't think I'll be much help as I'm not an experienced tabber).sorry if you have already posted or named it and I missed it.:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXLELUx0Dh4&feature=related[/ame]

If any one wants an mp3 of the solo just ask.

Corrections? (come on Mitch :lol:) How do you tab out crazy fast parts where it is very hear to hear, especially when palm muted? Do you sometimes just make up something within the scale/key?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXLELUx0Dh4&feature=related

If any one wants an mp3 of the solo just ask.

Corrections? (come on Mitch :lol:) How do you tab out crazy fast parts where it is very hear to hear, especially when palm muted? Do you sometimes just make up something within the scale/key?

the mp3 that i sent you? :lol:

if anyone wants the better quality m4a, i've got that too, as well as the uncompressed .wav.

Ha, I knew you liked him! :p

that solo on in this river, that really kicks ass. yeah actually i really dig his tone tbh. I've debated putting a zakk pu set in my esp actually, although i tend to prefer seymours. i know i'm def going for his groove tubes after my current (stock) tubes run out.

the mp3 that i sent you?

Yeah :lol:

that solo on in this river, that really kicks ass. yeah actually i really dig his tone tbh. I've debated putting a zakk pu set in my esp actually, although i tend to prefer seymours. i know i'm def going for his groove tubes after my current (stock) tubes run out.

All his solos sound out of place and quite shitty in my opinion. I think he bought into the whole play fast and aggressive mentality from his youth years and never grew out of it. He sounds very uncontrolled but hey, many like him, probably for his image :lol:

Just came home from work with my Korg pandora!

Don't know why but I got excited :lol:

All his solos sound out of place and quite shitty in my opinion. I think he bought into the whole play fast and aggressive mentality from his youth years and never grew out of it. He sounds very uncontrolled but hey, many like him, probably for his image :lol:

yeah, i dislike his playing composing etc except his tone...

@inhe: congrats hey.

Cool Lead Tone:

Gain: 8.0
Treble: 10.0
Bass: 8.0
Volume: 10.0

DYNA: COMP @ 10.0
AMP: US HI-G @ 5.0
CAB: 4X 12VIN @ 9.0
MOD: CHORUS2 @ 0.32
DLY: ECHO4 @ 2.0
REV: HALL 1 @ 4.0
NR: @ 6.0

If you fiddle with the large black cirlge thing on the right when AMP is selected, that's your mids. If you fiddle with it when CAB is selected, that's your presence.

Sometimes, I turn down the gain, usually have the delay/echo off and the reverb not too high. Changing the chorus from 2 to 1 pans it and gives you a drier tone too. Turning it off completely is even drier but doesn't sound too good for leads.

And as Corny said, recordings ASAP. :)

Cool Lead Tone:

Gain: 8.0
Treble: 10.0
Bass: 8.0
Volume: 10.0

DYNA: COMP @ 10.0
AMP: US HI-G @ 5.0
CAB: 4X 12VIN @ 9.0
MOD: CHORUS2 @ 0.32
DLY: ECHO4 @ 2.0
REV: HALL 1 @ 4.0
NR: @ 6.0

If you fiddle with the large black cirlge thing on the right when AMP is selected, that's your mids. If you fiddle with it when CAB is selected, that's your presence.

Sometimes, I turn down the gain, usually have the delay/echo off and the reverb not too high. Changing the chorus from 2 to 1 pans it and gives you a drier tone too. Turning it off completely is even drier but doesn't sound too good for leads.

And as Corny said, recordings ASAP. :)

Wow, thanks alot, seriously! Right now i'm just figuring out how it works :lol: But as soon as i dial in the tone i'm going to record something. Don't know if you missed my first recorded song (which i've mentioned over 9000 times), but it's on www.myspace.com/marccarlsson .

I like painted pickups.

Edit:

By the way, I got a response from the "Guitar Asylum" :

Rob at Guitar Asylum said:
Hello Nick,

Thanks for the note. I’m glad you were able to find us on the Internet. We are the largest USA Jackson Custom Shop Dealer in the Country, and have a lot of very unique and original designs. You can check out our inventory at www.guitarasylum.com New Custom Shop Order start around $4500.00 and go up depending on your specs. If you are looking to place a Custom Shop order, let me know! I’ll forward you all the info to get a quote started. In the mean time, check out our site, we have a few models that were ordered before the Big Price increase this year, and are selling between $2999.99-$4499.99. A personal favorite is the new Blue Snakeskin Soloist.

The Blue Snakeskin’s just arrived and they look amazing! The USA LTD Custom Shop Jackson Blue Snakeskin Model is an exclusive Limited Edition Run of 10 guitars for the Guitar Asylum. This LTD run is hand Numbered 1-10 on the back of each headstock. Selling price is $2999.99/Case. We are also offering a special GetM GetM Blue Cobra Snakeskin Strap for the first 6 customers that purchase one of the snakes! I attached a photo of the strap. This is an amazing limited edition set of guitars! Let me know!!

Thanks, Rob
Contact me for more information,

RobC@guitarasylum.com