Guitar Player's Thread

Wrong thread? :confused:

Squeee's name is actually Nick!

About dragonforce, glad you had a great time, but i can't really see how they actually could pull it off, every "instructional" vid i've seen of them, showcases both sloppy playing and just a general bad attitude, but i'm probably wrong, since you're practically famous for bashing sloppyness :lol:

About dragonforce, glad you had a great time, but i can't really see how they actually could pull it off, every "instructional" vid i've seen of them, showcases both sloppy playing and just a general bad attitude, but i'm probably wrong, since you're practically famous for bashing sloppyness :lol:

Ahhhhh, I thought it said NIKKI. :lol:

But yeah, DF did pull it off. I was even satisfied with Sam's playing that night too.

it does. standart onboard and so on cards usually have ok output
something that would go for the most users of the world because not everybody are audiophiles.
second thing about sound cards is that most of them produced for out put purpeses the input usually crap, low sensitivity low spectrum low what ever and how ever you want to call it that causes shity sound results.
now days i am using onboard sound card for gaming and movies its some stock7.1 crap
though for recording and sound work i am using ESI Juli@ http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=43
Specifications:
DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- supports MME/WDM, DirectSound, ASIO 2.0, GSIF 2.0
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or better.

this great range IS NOTICEABLE in quality of recording and playback
its sounds crisp clean and rich.
its not like RMI but definitely in the class in terms of sound quality.
for home use and recordings I couldn't ask for more in the price range.

new neck or fretboard wont ruin your guitar its just that i doubt you will manage to sit it in the correct spot.
i am not sure how you are going to strip the fretboard off your neck and glue a new one but if your skills are good enough good luck.
don't forget to show us the results of your work.
the other thing is that even if you do find a replacement neck with the same holes where neck and body joins, most likely your intonation of the entire fretboard will be incorrect.
the thing in guitar is no matter what scale length you choose its the way the length is divided.
the 12th fret is always in the middle between nut and the bridge
the 24th fret is always in the middle between the 12th fret and the bridge
so what you would have to do is to make sure your new neck will sit in the correct spot to preserve this rules. elsewise you can forget it intonation being correct.

other thing you can do is to continue the fret board on your body the upper frets will be harder to access. i have never saw nor heard any one doing so so you might be the first one. and again provide with some pics when you done.

and the last thing do your research on this website i gave you before and google it up some more info about it and you will know how much it is possible or not possible.
EVERYTHING is possible the only question is are YOU able to do it or not.

forget it my rr3 is beautiful for now atleast...

I've just found out that my guitar has arrived, but my parents aren't letting me have it until Xmas :lol: Which is bullshit tbh, I payed for half of it.

112607175906.jpg

Just as a reminder, it's this one:
x50fewr5.jpg

x50fewr2.jpg

So I just got back from The Black Crusade tour at The Carling Academy, Brixton, UK.

Lineup:
• Shadows Fall
• Arch Enemy
• Dragonforce
• Trivium
• Machine Head

Overall, definitely worth the £30 or whatever it was. Didn't get stabbed in Brixton, didn't break my nose, loose anything or get locked out of the house so I'm cool. All I have to say now is bring on Children Of Bodom. :kickass:

Yay! I'm glad it went all fine and that you had a lot of fun, this is important. :)

And the next time we're gonna meet... I hope we can get to go to a show like that together, that would be nice. :D :p

Thank you for clarifying that :lol: By the way, I listened to your song not too long ago :cool:

how the fuck does he get such great harmonics :erk:

yeah i think for sure im getting a lee jackson xla-1000 pure fucking high-gain heaven. :headbang: and then i have to wait a while for more $$ to get a cab :( so idk how im gonna play it until x-mas. but i know ill be getting a vader 2 x 12 cab

SD Blackouts

Apparently people are changing their EMG-HZ on their Alexi quick, there are only two left! :p

:lol: Yeah...but most people are still unaware of the change i guess when ESPGuitars havent changed it out yet either. I will maybe change my EMG 81 to SD blackout...but id have to test it before...i want a bit of more balls than EMG 81 has...and to be honest i just like SDs more.

guyz i own an Digitech GNX3000 multieffects processor...can anyone tell me how can i get close to alexi's rhytmhs and lead tone? i think he uses marshall jcm 800 right? does he use different presets for rhytms and leads??? does he use any stomboxes or pedals or is the distortion from the amp itself? i have no clue about effects so please enlighten me....

:erk: Marshall JCM 800? And i thought you were a true fanboy who knew alexi's equipment better than himself...He uses a Lee jackson GP-1000 Rack Preamp module and a VHT Poweramp into a Marshall 1960A cab. Check scythes of bodom!!! There is no way other to come near his tone(without his signature guitar+amp equipment) than to crank up the mids and treble...gain on 8 and bass on 6-8(depending on amp) The only reason i HELPED you was because you for one goddamn times sake took your ass to the RIGHT THREAD!!