Guitar Player's Thread

it wasn't even one of the usual suspects either :Smug:

I don't know why I'm even replying but if you believe I actually care for the other threads on the COB forums you are mistaken. I pretty much piss around but it fuckin' irratates me when this happens to the Guitar Players' thread or Tab thread. I don't like to bullshit around in these threads. Everything else in COBOT is already a bunch of bullocks. Half the shit in this thread is about how kids want to get new equipment to sound like Alexi or whatever, when they know next to nothing about what they are talking about or generally how to play. Not saying this is you but you could probably tell which people I am referring too.

In summary, please don't contribute AIDS to the sacred guitar threads.

In summary, please don't contribute AIDS to the sacred guitar threads.

so this is more of a blanket "wtf" statement then? cause i really didn't understand why you were so defensive.

More bend control and shit. I only like having my 24th or 22nd fret scalloped, depending on which guitar i use.:kickass:

meh. when i played the steve vai jem, i really noticed no difference on the scalloped frets tbh. i'm sure its different for a fully scalloped fretboard, but the stop really made no difference to me.

Not really a difference, since it's relatively easy to bend/vibrato on the high frets usually. I did play an YJM strat, and that was pretty awesome!

I was kinda referring to playing overall but :p screw it...yeah id like to try a YJM strat..

its a rant about guitar and guitar playing so yeah i figured it would go here. the sad thing is all i've seen so far is people talking about gear thats way out of reach and doesn't even matter and stuff that just isn't that important.
if its not important in your opinion then don't check this thread. there are hundreds others guitar forums and threads over the internet.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6734206 said:
Hm, nah, I joked... now seriously, it was a really nice vid, everything seemed very good, to me. Nice job.

(ps: so this was what you were doing... :err: ...I see... sorry. :cry:)

Yeah...don't worry.

http://www.guitarworld.com/2008_readers_poll_page_2

Look at the options :lol: (click continue at the bottom to get more categories)

I just threw up.

• Jack White can't even play guitar. How the hell he got nominated for BEST ROCK GUITARIST is beyond me.

• Who the hell is Matt Pike...

• Why the fuck are Jimi Hendrix and Joe Satriani being nomintated for current awards? JH is dead and "Surfing..." was released 20 fuckin' years ago! Re-releases don't count, it's the same damn songs!! (

• That "Insanely Amazing Guitar Solo" just sucks and some loser doesn't know that the Vai vid is "Tender Surrender".

*sigh*
i've lost confidence in the intelligence of the general populace.

:erk::erk::erk::erk::erk::erk:

i seriously love how all these people are acting all techy and trying to seem like they know the huge differences between pickups and now saying the sd blackouts are better or whatever even though its pretty obvious the second alexi started using them everyone started wanting to use them just like wanting the rr's that are like his, no one gave a shit about them before or talked about them. just admit you like a lot of the stuff for that reason and don't try to be a liar and cover it up. and on that topic, i have emg hz's in my jackson dxmg and through my line 6 stack it really doesn't sound that bad, it actually sounds pretty good, in the videos i have on youtube its a shitty small amp but on my normal recordings with my band and stuff its not that bad so i really don't get why everyone is bitching.
i get that everyone loves to be a gear whore and spend thousands of dollars on their guitars but shouldn't people first focus on actually playing with their own style and getting amazing? a great guitar player can pick up a shitty guitar and amp and make it sound good, the same can't be said the other way around.

100% agreed. I've never even heard of Blackouts, yet all the fucking n00b fanboys have gone and bought these for their LTD Alexi sigs just because he uses them. Fair enough, I bought a Jackson RR and a J-50BC but everyone knows Alexi's 2001 days PWN the fuck out of 2005-2007, playing and tone wise.

Having a full stack in your room before you can properly play the intro to Enter Sandman, Sweet Child O Mine and 7 Nation Army is NOT acceptable.

I actually have nothing interesting to say today, I just thought I'd post my views on the bullshit in today's guitar magazines and ignorant fanboys on my day off.

I could mention that I might be recording a clip of the STONE song, Stone Cold Soul soon! :kickass:

Yeah...don't worry.

I just threw up.

• Jack White can't even play guitar. How the hell he got nominated for BEST ROCK GUITARIST is beyond me.

• Who the hell is Matt Pike...

• Why the fuck are Jimi Hendrix and Joe Satriani being nomintated for current awards? JH is dead and "Surfing..." was released 20 fuckin' years ago! Re-releases don't count, it's the same damn songs!! (

• That "Insanely Amazing Guitar Solo" just sucks and some loser doesn't know that the Vai vid is "Tender Surrender".

:erk::erk::erk::erk::erk::erk:

100% agreed. I've never even heard of Blackouts, yet all the fucking n00b fanboys have gone and bought these for their LTD Alexi sigs just because he uses them. Fair enough, I bought a Jackson RR and a J-50BC but everyone knows Alexi's 2001 days PWN the fuck out of 2005-2007, playing and tone wise.

Having a full stack in your room before you can properly play the intro to Enter Sandman, Sweet Child O Mine and 7 Nation Army is NOT acceptable.

I actually have nothing interesting to say today, I just thought I'd post my views on the bullshit in today's guitar magazines and ignorant fanboys on my day off.

I could mention that I might be recording a clip of the STONE song, Stone Cold Soul soon! :kickass:

Agreed on that point but as far as i know the SD Blackout pups are fairly new and came out just about when Alexi and some other guy started using them. Let us hope that Alexi's tone atleast gets better now with the new pups used on the album. To be honest ive always disliked the LTD alexi 600 a bit...it just feels unnatural and its not anything i would prefer over my sweet Jackson RR24 :lol: But yes talking about fanboys and blackouts....has anyone tried the blackouts?:p I would like to have a next active bridge humbucker candidate for my guitar :lol: And i wont sure as hell just buy something with alexi's endorsment on and trust "his" taste :lol: I would still like a Edwards alexi to next:rolleyes: :lol:

Having a full stack in your room before you can properly play the intro to Enter Sandman, Sweet Child O Mine and 7 Nation Army is NOT acceptable.:

Even if you can play like PG or anyone similar a stack is really unnecessary, because you'll probably get a better tone while practicing from a practice amp, hence the name. The only reason would be if one wants to record, but an amp sim is probably the better option, since it's easier in pretty much every aspect, and most people dont have the mixing skills to get a decent tone while mic'ing up an amp.

disagree, this pop was there for some short time indeed the real brake out happened when Alexi and Dino Cazares started to use them.
i haven't heard how Alexi sounds with it only assume its good. infact i was more blown away from Divine Heresys sound.
and before i made my mind i googled it up and found some cool dude who has made sound compare on his Jackson guitars with EMG81, SD Blackout, and SD Live Wire Dave Mustain.
it was very interesting to notice almost NO SOUND DIFFERENCE between the Blackouts and Live Wires.
though if you listen to the gay ass samples from SD website you will hear that the live wire is the same pickup as blackout just with build in preamp that scoops out the mids
and comparing both of them to the EMG they simply sounded fatter, richer, with some more punch in them.

Agreed on that point but as far as i know the SD Blackout pups are fairly new and came out just about when Alexi and some other guy started using them. Let us hope that Alexi's tone atleast gets better now with the new pups used on the album. To be honest ive always disliked the LTD alexi 600 a bit...it just feels unnatural and its not anything i would prefer over my sweet Jackson RR24 :lol: But yes talking about fanboys and blackouts....has anyone tried the blackouts?:p I would like to have a next active bridge humbucker candidate for my guitar :lol: And i wont sure as hell just buy something with alexi's endorsment on and trust "his" taste :lol: I would still like a Edwards alexi to next:rolleyes: :lol:
you should go for them.
i will posy my own sound samples as soon as i am done with my guitar project i guess it will be in 2 months or so.
till then or wait or buy the god damn thing you wont regret it if you are looking for good replacement for your EMG

you should go for them.
i will posy my own sound samples as soon as i am done with my guitar project i guess it will be in 2 months or so.
till then or wait or buy the god damn thing you wont regret it if you are looking for good replacement for your EMG
Yea you think? I have EMG 81 and i myself miss this abscent "punch" and a bit more "balls". I would also like to sound warmer then it would be perfect. I will wait and hear what you have for us in 2 months:)

disagree, this pop was there for some short time indeed the real brake out happened when Alexi and Dino Cazares started to use them.
i haven't heard how Alexi sounds with it only assume its good. infact i was more blown away from Divine Heresys sound.
and before i made my mind i googled it up and found some cool dude who has made sound compare on his Jackson guitars with EMG81, SD Blackout, and SD Live Wire Dave Mustain.
it was very interesting to notice almost NO SOUND DIFFERENCE between the Blackouts and Live Wires.
though if you listen to the gay ass samples from SD website you will hear that the live wire is the same pickup as blackout just with build in preamp that scoops out the mids
and comparing both of them to the EMG they simply sounded fatter, richer, with some more punch in them.

What does this have to do with fanboys changing their pickups?

You just went on about what the blackouts sound like.

I guess he was pointing towards you saying that you never heard about them before all fanboys started changing out their pickups and that it was because of alexi. Or something like that...and I did ask how they sound :p And probably the fact that these pickups are not total bullshit so its not too "fanboy" to own them? :p I would like to get my hands on some of those :)

could you please post the website's url?

could you please post the website's url?
i didn't manage to find it but here is one file i have saved for my self
its some guy trying his SDs on his guitars and this is the play order:
1. Jackson DK1 - Blackouts
2. Jackson DK1 - Mustaines
3. Jackson mahogany Soloist - Crazy 8s
it sounds almost the same yet you can hear the difference.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ms15bm

I guess he was pointing towards you saying that you never heard about them before all fanboys started changing out their pickups and that it was because of alexi.