Guitar Player's Thread

:erk: Marshall JCM 800? And i thought you were a true fanboy who knew alexi's equipment better than himself...He uses a Lee jackson GP-1000 Rack Preamp module and a VHT Poweramp into a Marshall 1960A cab. Check scythes of bodom!!! There is no way other to come near his tone(without his signature guitar+amp equipment) than to crank up the mids and treble...gain on 8 and bass on 6-8(depending on amp) The only reason i HELPED you was because you for one goddamn times sake took your ass to the RIGHT THREAD!!
lol yeah finally found the right thread to post and i didnt get flamed....btw will cranking up the mids and treble help me for rhhytms or leads?

lol yeah finally found the right thread to post and i didnt get flamed....btw will cranking up the mids and treble help me for rhhytms or leads?

Im not sure what you mean with help but i prefer a juicy/punchy Rhytm tone and i usually get tone that is satisfying for both at about 10:00 clock mids and 13:00 treble.

:lol: Yeah...but most people are still unaware of the change i guess when ESPGuitars havent changed it out yet either. I will maybe change my EMG 81 to SD blackout...but id have to test it before...i want a bit of more balls than EMG 81 has...and to be honest i just like SDs more.

dude go for dimebucker....dude its brutal...the tone is not exactly like dimebag ...but dude i'll eat up my dog's balls if u dont find it good...

i have seymour duncan blackouts in my jackson, imo they're better than emgs

l_13e8ff972c13e0ea045ca5c84e667830.jpg

http://www.guitarworld.com/2008_readers_poll_page_2

Look at the options (click continue at the bottom to get more categories)

WTF! slash is a "rock guitarist" and the a7x guitarists are "metal?" wtf is this?

steve vai in the shredder catergory? :erk:

marty freedman in the shredder category :lol:

dimmu extreme metal... john5 actually making a best of list! more than once? :lol:

best "riff" category... :cry:

now, best guitar world girls... :kickass:
I'd say princess Marian, although betina gozo is a damn close second

i can't believe a fucking guitar hero song made goddamn best youtube video? and they didn't even include ozielzinho or pigott :(

*sigh*
i've lost confidence in the intelligence of the general populace.

SD Blackouts

Apparently people are changing their EMG-HZ on their Alexi quick, there are only two left! :p

I've got passive seymours in my brian moore, and i love them tbh. especially on my od2 high gain channel, i can get some great rhythm crunch without sacrificing too much lead tone.

The only reason i HELPED you was because you for one goddamn times sake took your ass to the RIGHT THREAD!!

facepalm.jpg

dude go for dimebucker....dude its brutal...the tone is not exactly like dimebag ...but dude i'll eat up my dog's balls if u dont find it good...

start eating bro. i

^I hope not since if that happened this might be you:lol::lol::lol:

suck2.jpg

inb4 (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) :lol:

Yes, I tried a Dean Razorcock, it was shit.

razorcock :lol:

definitely +1

i seriously love how all these people are acting all techy and trying to seem like they know the huge differences between pickups and now saying the sd blackouts are better or whatever even though its pretty obvious the second alexi started using them everyone started wanting to use them just like wanting the rr's that are like his, no one gave a shit about them before or talked about them. just admit you like a lot of the stuff for that reason and don't try to be a liar and cover it up. and on that topic, i have emg hz's in my jackson dxmg and through my line 6 stack it really doesn't sound that bad, it actually sounds pretty good, in the videos i have on youtube its a shitty small amp but on my normal recordings with my band and stuff its not that bad so i really don't get why everyone is bitching.
i get that everyone loves to be a gear whore and spend thousands of dollars on their guitars but shouldn't people first focus on actually playing with their own style and getting amazing? a great guitar player can pick up a shitty guitar and amp and make it sound good, the same can't be said the other way around.

i seriously love how all these people are acting all techy and trying to seem like they know the huge differences between pickups and now saying the sd blackouts are better or whatever even though its pretty obvious the second alexi started using them everyone started wanting to use them just like wanting the rr's that are like his, no one gave a shit about them before or talked about them. just admit you like a lot of the stuff for that reason and don't try to be a liar and cover it up. and on that topic, i have emg hz's in my jackson dxmg and through my line 6 stack it really doesn't sound that bad, it actually sounds pretty good, in the videos i have on youtube its a shitty small amp but on my normal recordings with my band and stuff its not that bad so i really don't get why everyone is bitching.
i get that everyone loves to be a gear whore and spend thousands of dollars on their guitars but shouldn't people first focus on actually playing with their own style and getting amazing? a great guitar player can pick up a shitty guitar and amp and make it sound good, the same can't be said the other way around.

gtfo.jpg

srsly. don't be one of them. guitar player's thread is not the rant thread kthnx.

its a rant about guitar and guitar playing so yeah i figured it would go here. the sad thing is all i've seen so far is people talking about gear thats way out of reach and doesn't even matter and stuff that just isn't that important.