Guitar Player's Thread

but your justification was "its not too fanboi."

in this forum, it will always be "fanboi" until someone like mitch gets them, then its "practicality." so fuck it. if you like them, get them.

IN reality its just if you like them and get em youre not fanboi if alexi gets them and you get them then youre fanboi :) And sure i dont give a damn thing about fanboy shit if i like something...i still gotta consider. Is it hard changing pickups?

I'm just gonna jump in here and say imo an EMG 85 + EMG 60 combo > anything with an EMG 81 :lol:

I'll be swapping the EMG 81 in my washburn for something else as soon as I get it :rofl: I hate those things.

I really need help, i cannot figure out a single bloody bodom song on my fking guitar and its pissing me off. Even the tabs fail! Can some one tell me how to play something or at least give me a descent tab.

Yey, i seriously think twice before posting anything in here, because i know it mostly goes unnoticed :lol:

Hai guis lol.

I'm just gonna sneak in som quick questions :eek:

1. What will it say that the action of a guitar is high/low?
2. Did Alexi use his Jacksons on HCDR recordings? (maybe i should've researched more)
3. What is the difference between a licensed and a original Floyd when playing? How is it better?
4. Am i going to get flamed? :erk:

Thank you.

Hai guis lol.

I'm just gonna sneak in som quick questions :eek:

1. What will it say that the action of a guitar is high/low?
2. Did Alexi use his Jacksons on HCDR recordings? (maybe i should've researched more)
3. What is the difference between a licensed and a original Floyd when playing? How is it better?
4. Am i going to get flamed? :erk:

Thank you.

1.as far as I know(I rely on the experienced players that travel around the messageboard to correct me if I'm wrong)the action is not about the guitar but about the floyd.
2.yes he did,they got stolen short time after the album was recorded.
3.copies are usually worse,and some tend to loose the tunning easily(if you get a guitar+floyd for 300 euros don't expect the floyd to act as the original on a 4000 euros custom shop).
4.dunno

you're welcome

:lol::lol::lol:

For those who care, my new song i comming along nicely, i'm recording it and composing it at the same time, so hopefullly it should be done in the weekend!

Have you uploaded any samples of this one yet?

And here's something I've been doing tonight. Having a shot at the solo in the live Tokyo Warhearts version of Touch Like Angel Of Death.

I learnt it all tonight by ear with nothing to slow it down and then got bored and made up my own ending. I've uploaded an audio and video version just for the sake of it.

AUDIO
VIDEO

Jackson RR!! :kickass:

I haven't, since i'm off for 4 days in a row now, i'll have time to finish it off in a few days, so it'll all be done.

And here's something I've been doing tonight. Having a shot at the solo in the live Tokyo Warhearts version of Touch Like Angel Of Death.

I learnt it all tonight by ear with nothing to slow it down and then got bored and made up my own ending. I've uploaded an audio and video version just for the sake of it.

AUDIO
VIDEO

Who cares about audio when there's video! :cool:

Really cool stuff though, you must have been practicing some lately?

AUDIO
VIDEO

Wicked stuff man! Did you make a tab of that?

Goddamn I like that guitar :headbang:

I haven't, since i'm off for 4 days in a row now, i'll have time to finish it off in a few days, so it'll all be done.

Ah cool. I'm on my week holiday from work too so that's why I've been posting a bit more lately. Not working fuckin' rules!! :kickass:

inhe said:
Who cares about audio when there's video! :cool:

Really cool stuff though, you must have been practicing some lately?

I actually haven't. I think it's 9 months that I haven't practised in now. I suppose all the little things that I play each night help though but I still haven't sat down and practised anything specific.

Wicked stuff man! Did you make a tab of that?

Goddamn I like that guitar :headbang:

I finished off what I started earlier but did it my way. It's not 100% accurate but it's a guide at to what I played.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dy640t

I'll finish tabbing Alexi's version another time.

Mitch, you're awesome.

:oops: Thanks!

1.as far as I know(I rely on the experienced players that travel around the messageboard to correct me if I'm wrong)the action is not about the guitar but about the floyd.
2.yes he did,they got stolen short time after the album was recorded.
3.copies are usually worse,and some tend to loose the tunning easily(if you get a guitar+floyd for 300 euros don't expect the floyd to act as the original on a 4000 euros custom shop).
4.dunno

you're welcome

:lol::lol::lol:

action is mainly two things: truss rod, and floyd rose. once you get your truss rod relatively straight, you use the action screws on either side of the floyd to fine tune it. the way i test it: i usually get it around 1/32" of an in. then i make sure i can bend a note at various frets, usually checking around 5, 7, 12, 15, 17, 19 etc. to make sure i can span a step and a half with vibrato without the string being muted. if the bend craps out, i loosen the screw under the high e string. i usually fuck with it to get it as close as possible.

the base strings, however, are a little bit different. my bass action is usually around 2/32" ish, maybe lower, depending on the gauge of the strings. the main thing is you dont want buzzing, as the corded strings tend to vibrate more vigorously than the higher strings.

one more thing to add: the action is measured by placing a ruler on (not on the fretboard!) the twelfth fret itself. you can balance an edge of the ruler on an adjacent fret to make sure the ruler is even, however make sure you're measuring from the twelfth fret. oh, and, A QUARTER TURN CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. srsly, no joke, a quarter turn may lower your action like a billionth of an inch, but it still does make a difference.

bottom line: experiment.

AUDIO
VIDEO

I think I'm in love with your hands... yes, 'cause wow Mitch, that was REALLY one of the best videos you did so far, believe me... and the song is one of my favourites too, so I'm even happier. Awesome job! :)

Ahhh, I'm feeling good, what a nice way to start the day, after seeing such a surprise-vid... thanks, hehe.