Guitar Player's Thread

I like that he doesn't hold the guitar like you would a regular strat shape. he holds it as if it's a V, which is much more comfortable imo.

Like MAB, Muhammed, Michael Romeo and i'm guessing alot more. I used to hold it like that too, but i changed once i got influence by PG, and now i can't play at all in classical position.

Fuckin' hell, you guys posted alot last night.

and about the Retur To The Fourth World thing I've not forgotten.I'm bringing the guitar back this weeck so hopefully during the week I'll be able to post a video abput that intro the way I play it.

Look forward to it.

Warheart:

a couple clips of the green pinstripe in action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_TOVhPZagg&feature=related

Yeah, I've seen that hundreds of times. I didn't realise it was the green pinstripe one at first because my old computer had a darker screen and you couldn't see that it was green. I had the monitor brightness on full too.

I tabbed most of those solos for Nazgul:
Alexi Laiho Documentary Solos

Anyone heard of Derek Bailey? Apparently he's ment to be one of the largest contributers to guitar playing in general, I have absolutely no fucking idea why though. I can appreciate most styles but this is pure shit

Never heard of him. :zombie:

about the green pinstripe guitar, remember when warheart said it originally had gold hardware and some people disagreed, well that vid proves warheart right. Does alexi's wildchild jackson have a single coil? (first guitar you see when the camera goes up it)

It's Roope's. They were playing together in Sinergy back then, Beware The Heavens era ('99).

jesus christ im at the esp forums and im looking at the "post your rig thread" and it is just mind blowing. this one guy has like 46 fuckin guitars. so many diezels and high end crap. fuck its unbelievable, what the hell do those people do to make all the money!

Yes. But. That ='s:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I die a little everytime I see this guys collection. Apparently this isn't not all either.

studio48yl.jpg

studio113ne.jpg

The top half is awesome. :oops:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6770596 said:
Not true... you're good enough to play anything YOU'd want, not what I want... cuz that's the nice thing of it: watching and hearing too a vid of someone who plays songs and stuff he likes, that is enjoyable.

What I like? Hmm...
...I like Rock! Music will never stop! Give me electric shock.... I like Rock!!!!

Well, I'll go to sleep now, 'cause I don't feel that good.
Goodnight Mitch and everyone who's about to go to sleep too... bye everyone! :wave:

That gives me ideas...

Nite hun. xx

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=537&Itemid=60

New Jackson CS from "Thrasher" magazine. It's cool, but the "Cole" and "Thrasher" graphics ruin it. It's a nice "Rhodes" guitar :lol:.

I don't think it's too bad actually. Flip the inlays though. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4eq0oydQx4
Emil from Daath doing some Gilbert gypsy shit
:worship:
A true player who actually knows what he is talking about. I'd want him as my teacher.

I've seen this before and it's one of the videos that I really like. Awesome lick and a very awesome player. If he can play as cleanly as that, he should be taking over Matt Heafy's and Kirk Hammett's fame, whereas I've never even heard of that guy's band.

I've seen this before and it's one of the videos that I really like. Awesome lick and a very awesome player. If he can play as cleanly as that, he should be taking over Matt Heafy's and Kirk Hammett's fame, whereas I've never even heard of that guy's band.

I thought they played death metal or something of that like, so i don't think he gets alot of spotlight for solos in that band. I think that's actually quite common that people have good technique, but when it comes to writing music, they pretty much only do power chords.

That's why i can't figure out how Alexi and Roope could come up with all those riffs, it used to be an endless arsenal of awesome riffs :lol:

I think that vid has been posting 4 times in this very thread :lol: But since it's the guitar player's thread there's no flaming!

Have you decided how long time will be given to each person to play a solo over, Mitch?

┼Victim of the Night┼;6772472 said:
What?
And I was awake when you wrote that, I was at my Uni... haha! :p ...anyway, thanks. :) *hugs*
And also... I hope you've been fine, yesterday.

I know but I wrote it anyway. :)

Have you decided how long time will be given to each person to play a solo over, Mitch?

Not yet. I've been messing around trying to find something to record. I did a video of Satch's "The Forgotten Pt.2" and I'll upload it later. It's nothing special but it's always been one of my all time favourite instrumentals ever.

I'll sort the jam out now.

COBOT Forum Jam #3

Backing Track (Right click & "Save Target As...")

Rules:

• Download the backing track and record a solo over the section from 00:29-00:57.

• Save the GUITAR TRACK ONLY, save as a wave file or mp3, upload to http://www.sendspace.com and PM me the link or post it in the thread.

• Please make sure that you include a 4 click before the section starts so I know where over the backing track to place your solo. This 4 click is usually done by picking a muted string.

• Have fun.

Sorry for haunting this thread again, guys, but I've just listened to the backing track for the new forum jam....

Mitch, I'm surprised you made such a choice, 'cause it's a very different backing tracks in comparison to the older ones you used in the other forum jams... dunno what the others will think about it, but I liked it, and gotta say it has some sweet notes.... kinda 'romantic' melody. Nice...

I probably should've waited, i recorded a solo from 00:15-00:57 :lol:

:(

Whoops!

┼Victim of the Night┼;6772707 said:
Sorry for haunting this thread again, guys, but I've just listened to the backing track for the new forum jam....

Mitch, I'm surprised you made such a choice, 'cause it's a very different backing tracks in comparison to the older ones you used in the other forum jams... dunno what the others will think about it, but I liked it, and gotta say it has some sweet notes.... kinda 'romantic' melody. Nice...

It's a fantastic sounding backing track so I couldn't not use it for at least one jam. Plus, it'll make us all think abit 'cause it's in a major key instead of minor!! :lol: No pentatonic shit this time guys!!

Yeah, i wont :p Also, i really like that jam, and i play it alot, but i fear its gonna sound like a tit when i record it :lol: But what the hell, i'll try later tonight or tomorrow, i ihave somstuff i need to do on the house :(