Guitar Player's Thread

I finally found a method of recording guitar on my computer :lol: With a stupidly ramshackle system of cables nicked from other things. I can't believe I managed to find all this shit and somehow put it all together :lol:

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Swabs: that's more or less how I reccord, instead I'm plugged third guitar, Keyboards and mic, in my 4-track mixer and than I plug my mixer in the computer with that same cable cheatytricky thing.

The quality sound isn't really good tho, there's a lot of crappy noise when using the mic and guitar.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6775746 said:
Yeah, I did read it... but I thought he wouldn't come back on here anymore anyway... don't ask me why though, cuz "I dno" (to steal someone else's way of speaking :p).

And by the way, shredder-boy... nice to see that none of my posts has been changed by you anymore! :p :)

would i do such a thing?

I finally found a method of recording guitar on my computer :lol: With a stupidly ramshackle system of cables nicked from other things. I can't believe I managed to find all this shit and somehow put it all together :lol:

micro cube ftw :kickass:

i own both that, and the cube 60 from Roland. Must say, I'm really fucking happy with them. micro cube obviously not going have the greatest tone seeing as its like what, 20 watts + $100 + solid state, but it's still a great, compact practice amp for sure.

@flyingvguy: did you use more than two notes in that whole solo? :lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6774905 said:
Look who's back... I thought you left us forever! Hi Mick, how are you? :wave: I hope to hear you playing soon too...

┼Victim of the Night┼;6775746 said:
Yeah, I did read it... but I thought he wouldn't come back on here anymore anyway... don't ask me why though, cuz "I dno" (to steal someone else's way of speaking :p).

I love all you guys in the guitar forums too much to leave! :lol: Nice to see someone actually noticed or cared about my absence :p

I thought you had a Marshall stack?

I probably have the shittiest gear out of all you but I still try to record :lol:

hey guys, just was stopping by and saw news of the jam, the backing track is pleasingly gay.:lol:
when are solos due?

ATTENION!

Sorry for interupting the "what guitar shall I buy" discussion, but I just found a really cool backing track that'd be awesome for COBOT Forum Jam #3!!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qswm7j

I've been jamming over this for a few minutes now and it's so easy to come up with stuff that sounds good. It's a very common chord progression and I think it could produce some great solos.

It's C, G, Amin, F.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!! The main bit starts at 00:15.

There.

@inhe:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxoECHRJ2A&NR=1[/ame]

just thought i'd point out how PG holds his pick, look at +0:35. for the bass strings, he used the front edge (like MJR, etc), however check how he hits the back edge with his thumb popped in when shredding on the top strings (see MPiggott etc), and then changes back to using the front edge as he gets down to the bass strings again (again, see super shredders etc).

I'm completely amazed at how Devin Townsend can play this lead part while singing live!

this is him just playing one of the riffs as well as a lead part he does in the song.

this is him playing it live while singing.:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
would i do such a thing?

i own both that, and the cube 60 from Roland. Must say, I'm really fucking happy with them. micro cube obviously not going have the greatest tone seeing as its like what, 20 watts + $100 + solid state, but it's still a great, compact practice amp for sure.

Aye, imo the micro cube is perfect for what it is, a small portable practice amp. Not to mention it's cheap but feels solid as fuck. The tone is pretty good too. I couldn't be happier with it considering I have no need for stacks or anything large right now.