Guitar Player's Thread

New Videos from MPiggot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEDVp7wbUWM

I think this was already posted by Nazgul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaaT8c4OM8

I don't like that guys playing. He's good when it comes to slow parts and phrasing, but i don't like the shredding at all.

@inhe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spxoECHRJ2A&NR=1

just thought i'd point out how PG holds his pick, look at +0:35. for the bass strings, he used the front edge (like MJR, etc), however check how he hits the back edge with his thumb popped in when shredding on the top strings (see MPiggott etc), and then changes back to using the front edge as he gets down to the bass strings again (again, see super shredders etc).

I don't know why this was directed towards me. I've watched all the PG vids a million times to find out exactly how he does it. In IR1 he played with a straight thumb joint, even on the bass strings, where as on IT2 he started bending it like he does now.

I can get a good deal on a used Korg PX4D, but it comes without the AC adapter.

Does anyone know if it can take a regular universal AC adapter that you can get everywhere for 5€-10€?

I have one at home and it has switchable voltage settings, I can set it to 4,5V like PX4D needs, but I'm not sure what kind of plug it needs. I guess one of these plugs should fit, right?

philips-pm62062.jpg

i really want the alexi sig esp (the expensive one)
but im wondering if theres a better guitar for about the same price?
something in the style of slayer or kreator, i suppose. even megadeth

I don't like that guys playing. He's good when it comes to slow parts and phrasing, but i don't like the shredding at all.

I don't know why this was directed towards me. I've watched all the PG vids a million times to find out exactly how he does it. In IR1 he played with a straight thumb joint, even on the bass strings, where as on IT2 he started bending it like he does now.

i thought b/c we had a convo about picking technique some time ago, front vs back edge and err, ha i dno then :p

Does anyone know if it can take a regular universal AC adapter that you can get everywhere for 5€-10€?

I have one at home and it has switchable voltage settings, I can set it to 4,5V like PX4D needs, but I'm not sure what kind of plug it needs. I guess one of these plugs should fit, right?

philips-pm62062.jpg

probably cause they just came out with the PX5 if I'm not mistake. Look into the DC brick, that's a great buy, though a bit pricey.

philips-pm62062.jpg

On my Roland it's wrote: Use Roland DC adaptor or PSB-U1 adaptor only. I never tried to use another DC. I got three keyboard and my two other (Korg and Yamaha) can be used without any other DC. The three use a 12v DC.

Yeah my thought too, as a musician, and that I sometime got a "OMGIABSOLUTELYGOTTOPLAY" that's not a lost DC and a "Hmmm should it be safe to put another DC in my Keybaord?" that could stop me :D

(But I never tried just for fun to see if my keyboard would explode or not :p)

Hey! This is not what I sent to Mitch but I made two solo on the track just for fun - so, because it's just for fun I used a Lead sound and I made a Guitar solo too SO YOU CAN PRAISE MY AWESOME SHREEDING TECHNICS WOOOOOO (*bullshit*).

As I said to Mitch, I got some soundcard problem so there is annoying noise behing my reccording, for the keyboard solo it's ok I use an after-compressor that sovle the problem, but on that Guitar Solo I used an after-distorsion (don't have my pedal here) so all the noise was distorted too. The compressor solve the problem too but between some note you can still hear it so sorry.

Also, even if I find this one better than the one I sent to Mitch, I'm still using my Piano solo cause even if you couldn't tell, it was actually harder than those two one (two hand concentration thing etc).

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for the double post...

EDIT2: I've made another Guitar/Keyboard duo at the end of it :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6u38fq

:lol::lol: You were away for like what? A day or two?

I'd understand the whole "welcome back man" "yeah its good to be back" thing if you'd gone for a few weeks.

^actually 3 days to be exact but i was in a hospital so it was more like a fucking week(...atleast it felt like it) :lol: so fucked up boring place. I was meant to stay until Thursday for a MRI of my Left elbow but i told them to fuck that shit because ive missed too much in school and we have tests coming up :p