Guitar Player's Thread

FUUUCK i hate myself :lol: I've been trying to record this solo for the jam on and off for like, half the day, and one hour straight now. And at the SMALLEST hesitation, or small wrongbend, i delete and retry.. I have no idea why :lol: I tried settling for something, but after listening through it i HATED it and it got deleted :lol:

I'll never be done with this :erk: its 5am

i didn't get any replies to this yet...

Because it's typical immature competitiveness. Someone criticizes your work so you go "uuuh why dont you post something better then" which is childish and pointless.

Not to mention his cover of SnBn was better playing anyway.

+1

yeah but i think criticising someone's work without being even part in the jam is respectless...nothing more
i know that my records are not that good but for 5 minutes of practising it's good imo

STFU GROW UP GET BALLS ETC.

FUUUCK i hate myself :lol: I've been trying to record this solo for the jam on and off for like, half the day, and one hour straight now. And at the SMALLEST hesitation, or small wrongbend, i delete and retry.. I have no idea why :lol: I tried settling for something, but after listening through it i HATED it and it got deleted :lol:

I'll never be done with this :erk: its 5am

welcome to studio frustrations :yow:

gives you more respect for really any band that manages an entire full length album :p

just from playing around a little but I think it could mabye be Emaj.

What? Please tell me how the notes F#, C#, G#, D# (all these notes are part of the key Emaj) fit to the backing track?!
Don't want to sound offensive, but seriously: Did you like the harmonies of the E-Ionic scale played over the progression C/G/Amin/F?

The right key is Cmaj/Amin.
The same cadence in Emaj would be E/B/C#min/A.

Eli informed me about the jam, I'll see if I have the time and the motivation.

i just played Cmaj. Using modes i started ionian on C so aeolian will fall on A. So corny is correct. Sorry if i don't make sense

welcome to studio frustrations :yow:

gives you more respect for really any band that manages an entire full length album :p

you're soooo right,:lol:I spent last weekend in front of a computer screen playing over 5 different 30 seconds sections for solos and I ended up with nothing,:lol:well,I actually got one,but when I heard it the following morning I instantly deleted it,:lol:

Which is still like crap compared to MOP inlays. Plastic inlays=:puke:

I know but they still look better IRL. I was not for one minute saying they are better :p What are the ones on the ESP? Pearloid or something? They dont look like MOP tho...very shiny. I still am satisfied with my inlays...theyre not that bad.

you're soooo right,:lol:I spent last weekend in front of a computer screen playing over 5 different 30 seconds sections for solos and I ended up with nothing,:lol:well,I actually got one,but when I heard it the following morning I instantly deleted it,:lol:
the true hard part is to accept it. this is my level and this is what i truly can.
it took me over 8 years to understand and accept

Haha, i listened to my solo ONE time, then send it straight to mitch, i dont want to hear it before its in hte jam, so i can bitch and moan then, when its too late :lol:

This is probably a old video to many of you and to me too but fuck i love it. The melodies and Solos are so good! Jani Liimatainen must be one of my favorite guitarists...too bad he got kicked out of SA.

On other news...i don't think i will be able to participate in the jam...ive written solo and everything(i tihnk...might be it sucks too much still) but the sound quality is a disgrace to even hear....its nothing id put up on anyones track or then net:erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Whose ass where you in watching that? :lol: I like his vibrato. Btw...i said it was old for SOME here and ME too....in case you missed it or temporarily couldn't read.:lol: Yes Syu has more feel but Jani has the technique IMO...both really outstanding. Syu also has a unique picking style..

EDIT: I posted it because i like that piece very much...have done for a long time.