Guitar Player's Thread

Damn, he seriously does get good tone! Seems like a very cool person too. Start a band with him, you guys could get far.

I just got a Sam Ash giftcard for X-mas. So I'm gonna hit up the store for the after Christmas sales and get that POD. I'm really thinking of the Floor POD cuz it could come in handy for the future when I start playing shows.

i would, except he lives in arizona, and he is completely out of my league, playing wise.
I barely even know him. When I said friend, I meant some dude I found a while ago.

Maybe you guys can help me out with something.
I'm finally going to get something to enhance my tone and I've been thinking of getting a Line6 POD. I really don't know much about pedals or this multi fx stuff, so can someone explain to me how exactly they work? If I get the POD, will I be connecting it to my amp and then fiddling around with the settings and then my amp will produce a better tone because of the POD? Or will my amp still suck because it naturally does? Also for recording, will I be plugging the POD directly into my computer?

I'm trying to decide between these models:

the pocket POD, $129.99
LPOCKETPO.jpg

The Floor POD, $199.99
lfloorpod.jpg

and POD 2.0, $199.99
lpod2xxxx.jpg

Which one do you guys think is worth it for the price, if any? And any reviews on these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys :)

There's a POD 3 now aswell, but it's rather expensive. So i would recommend you to get the podxt. The two most obvious advantages is that you can download tones, and you can record digitally via usb (all my songs are recorded that way).

The Pod XT seems to be a bit out of her price-range but I agree that you can`t compare the older Pods with the XT.

I suggest that you test some effect stuff before you buy it. The Korg PX4D as a great reputation. Steve Vai uses it or the PXR (same effects) in the tour bus, other famous users are Mitch and Inhe. ;) A bad thing is, that you can`t control it with a footswitch.

I think it sounds decent for that price and I hope that it lies under the christmas tree today :)

Yeah, so I got a new guitar :lol: Got it in transparent black instead of red in the end.

122507125450.jpg

122507125422.jpg

its fucking awesome :D

Well im here with Alexi Fanboyish guitar fever again and wondering about edwards ill get with mm-04 :lol: I have to ask again...can someone really describe the sound ? Does it make a fuckin big difference on the EMG HZ? What kinda sound will it give on a basic tube head like randall rh50? (not lee jackson..it would surely be identical to his almost)