Guitar Player's Thread

About gauges,now I'm playing in D tuning with 009-046 because it was the gauge my RR24 came with.I've tried in other guitars the 010-052 gauge for D,and it's been great,but now in the new one,playing with thicker picks it gets ok,so,my question is:does the string gauge affect sound-wise?Because if it doesn't it's not gonna be worth start all the process of intonating and retuning when I change it and I'll stay in 009-046.

umm it might be a little but heavier, other then that i'm not sure, but if you're in D with that gauge then your strings are probably really loose.

So, did anyone get any guitar-goodies for Christmas?

Yeah, so I got a new guitar :lol: Got it in transparent black instead of red in the end.

122507125450.jpg

:D I did have to pay for almost half of it though, but I sure aint complaining.

no, you completely misunderstand.

of course i like you! If my "jokes" have offended you, then I'll stop, and I apologize for any ill feelings I've created. they weren't said in a malicious manner.
Read my words again, please, I didn't get offended... I said that I didn't understand if your 'jokes' were meant to make fun of me cuz you don't stand me or instead were good jokes... I said this, adding that if you did dislike me then it would've been ok the same.
I don't want apologies from anyone, so please don't say that... ok? I am sorry that I ain't english, to be honest.
And you don't have to stop anything.

How? Why? Why would someone hate you?:zombie::ill:
I didn't mean to start all this, guys.... I was only referring to what sensations shredtastical's word made me perceive, I was saying that to him, I didn't say "you all guys here hate me"... please, understand me.

No-one does, she just seems to assume that if someone disagrees with her then they "hate" her. Well at least thats the impression I get.

And Swabsy-boy... it's only an impression you get, cause if you search for other posts made by me you'll often read that I say stuff like "tastes are tastes/opinions are opinions/everybody's got a right to think what they want cuz everybody's free" and so on... I'm the first who wants and accepts different, and constructive, opinions... those few who know me 'well' here can tell you that aswell.

Shut up, you piece of Kev! You know me quite 'well', so you know how I am and I'm not like that.... I'm gonna slap you on both of your cheeks if I ever meet you! :mad: *jokes*

Now I'll leave this thread, I'm not even a guitarplayer, and like I said in the past there's no point in staying here... not at the moment, at least.
Bye all! :)

I like! :headbang:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6814493 said:
I was busy with other stuff, despite some might not believe it. Now I'm back, but don't worry, I won't haunt this thread that much anymore.

Welcome back! :)

if you were out of intonation, then when you play your open E string it would be an E, but the B on the 7th fret would either be flat or sharp. so it's like the string is in tune but the frets arent and it gets progressively worse as you get higher on the fretboard.

Correct.

so,my question is:does the string gauge affect sound-wise?

Yes it does. I find .10's - .46's (or 52) to be the ideal string gauge.

No-one does, she just seems to assume that if someone disagrees with her then they "hate" her. Well at least thats the impression I get.

You don't seem to understand her to well.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6815382 said:
Now I'll leave this thread, I'm not even a guitarplayer, and like I said in the past there's no point in staying here... not at the moment, at least.

No! You just came back! :cry: No one dislikes you Eli, I think many others enjoy your presence. Honestly!

umm it might be a little but heavier, other then that i'm not sure, but if you're in D with that gauge then your strings are probably really loose.

Well, not that much, but they could be more tight, yes,:lol:

So, did anyone get any guitar-goodies for Christmas?

Jackson RR24 shown in my sig's pic:kickass:

Yes it does. I find .10's - .46's (or 52) to be the ideal string gauge.

I tended to think that with my Ibanez, but I've been playing a 2/3 weeks with 009-046 in the RR24 and with thick picks it suits pretty good. Anyway, sure when I restring it I'll give 010 a go, so I'll tell you about it then, :lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;6815382 said:

Why? In the only ''safe'' and ''flaming-free'' thread of this damn messageboard everyone is welcome if it's not for making trouble, and you definitely don't make any trouble, so there's no reason for you to leave:ill:

You don't ever play open strings? :lol:

I've heard mixed things about noise-reducing pedals. *shrugs*

I have a noise reducer on my Korg and I personally like it except for the point that it kills the sound of the guitar so much that you can't do really long tremolo stuff, but I supose this is because it's a not really good quality supressor.

Still works for open strings; just got to find a hair tie that's best for the job.

Really? I use this method (I sometimes use a shock, :lol:) for solos, but it doesn't really work for open strings stuff, at least for me.