Guitar Player's Thread

Well im here with Alexi Fanboyish guitar fever again and wondering about edwards ill get with mm-04 :lol: I have to ask again...can someone really describe the sound ? Does it make a fuckin big difference on the EMG HZ? What kinda sound will it give on a basic tube head like randall rh50? (not lee jackson..it would surely be identical to his almost)

you liked AYDY/CRY? :lol:

srsly, either wait for the new album (seymours) or just go to your local guitar shop and say, "i'm looking for new pickups. any guitars loaded with <pickup name> i could try/you would recommend?"

The Pod XT seems to be a bit out of her price-range but I agree that you can`t compare the older Pods with the XT.

I suggest that you test some effect stuff before you buy it. The Korg PX4D as a great reputation. Steve Vai uses it or the PXR (same effects) in the tour bus, other famous users are Mitch and Inhe. ;) A bad thing is, that you can`t control it with a footswitch.

I think it sounds decent for that price and I hope that it lies under the christmas tree today :)

Fair enough. And tbh, I am willing to spend the extra $100 if the XT is really worth it. I'll just go test out both the Korg PX4D and the XT tomorrow. I just checked the price of the Korg and it's much cheaper than the XT!! haha, I guess maybe that's just due to brand name difference?

you liked AYDY/CRY? :lol:

srsly, either wait for the new album (seymours) or just go to your local guitar shop and say, "i'm looking for new pickups. any guitars loaded with <pickup name> i could try/you would recommend?"

To be honest i like CRY tone very much! It is powerful...the same power is in Knuckleduster. I like that tone the aydy tone im pretty "meh" about. Yeah well i live 50 Kilometers from the nearest guitar shop and they dont got any high end guitars(nothing with real EMGs but only some with passive SDs like jackson DK2) Don't get me wrong...i love my EMG 81 but i would like that CRY tone still :lol: Im crazy but yes what can you do?:lol:

@Swabsy-Josh: your guitar looks very nice, congratz! :)

ok, thanks. I remember that was posted but forgot by who. Where is Eli? :lol:
I was busy with other stuff, despite some might not believe it. Now I'm back, but don't worry, I won't haunt this thread that much anymore.

buttsecks.
That's what you did, maybe.

lawl

abit too much delay and reverb for my taste

Hello you! I wanna apologize for not answering to your pm after so much time... lately I haven't been on here too much and plus I've been very busy... also, I didn't expect it from you too, so I thank you a lot cuz you've been kind.

Anyway, I apologize cuz when I saw it today I tried to answer but, and I dunno why on the earth, it didn't allow me to... I'm sorry.

Anyway, hey, hope you're fine and that you had a great Christmas! :)

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6814493 said:
Hello you! I wanna apologize for not answering to your pm after so much time... lately I haven't been on here too much and plus I've been very busy... also, I didn't expect it from you too, so I thank you a lot cuz you've been kind.

Anyway, I apologize cuz when I saw it today I tried to answer but, and I dunno why on the earth, it didn't allow me to... I'm sorry.

Anyway, hey, hope you're fine and that you had a great Christmas! :)

Ah hi :D Its ok, i was halfly not expecting an answer tbh :lol:

But i do that often, saves me from disappointment :lol:

Thanks, it was a nice christmas^^, Hope yours was nice too :)

@topic i really wish Floyd Roses would magically intonate themselves

@topic i really wish Floyd Roses would magically intonate themselves

That'd be a dream come true,:lol:

Even though,OFR have a great point in front of licensed:they never get out of tune when you finally block the strings.I had a licensed in my previous guitar and every 2-3 days I had to retune.I have an OFR in my new one and it's been a month without having too loosen the nut lockers.Just small retunings with the fine tuning screws.

Even though,OFR have a great point in front of licensed:they never get out of tune when you finally block the strings.I had a licensed in my previous guitar and every 2-3 days I had to retune.I have an OFR in my new one and it's been a month without having too loosen the nut lockers.Just small retunings with the fine tuning screws.
he doesnt mean being in tune. He means being in intonation which means when you are in tune the frets make the right note which my guitar fails at doing right now.

he doesnt mean being in tune. He means being in intonation which means when you are in tune the frets make the right note which my guitar fails at doing right now.
so why you don't solve this problem?

I don't want to sound offending,but could you tell me which is the difference?I mean,by having the guitar tuned I understand that,when I play the 7th fret on the E string,I'll get a B.What's intonating then?

I don't want to sound offending,but could you tell me which is the difference?I mean,by having the guitar tuned I understand that,when I play the 7th fret on the E string,I'll get a B.What's intonating then?

if you were out of intonation, then when you play your open E string it would be an E, but the B on the 7th fret would either be flat or sharp. so it's like the string is in tune but the frets arent and it gets progressively worse as you get higher on the fretboard.

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6814493 said:
That's what you did, maybe.

:cry:

nice to see you too eli :)

I'll sometimes go stints without tuning my OFR for over a month. Especially when I'm focusing on the classical guitar; if i don't heavily play it, the motherfucker doesn't slip at all. and that's saying something, living wehre i do; the humidity is always fuckall all over the place

the nature of strings/sound waves, it's all about subdivision. if you cut the string in half, you'll raise the pitch a full octave. this is why the 12th fret needs to be exactly half the string. If you cut that new segment in half, you'll raise the pitch ANOTHER octave. This is why the frets are smaller past the 12th fret; its all about proportions.

however, sometimes the 12th fret isn't exactly the midway point between the nut and the bridge. taht's where intonation comes into play; there are these little "saddles" that hold the string at the bridge. One must move them up or down (simplified the process), i.e. closer or farther from/to the nut, until the 12th fret is exactly halfway between the nut and the bridge, the 24th fret is exactly halfway between the 12th fret and the bridge, etc. otherwise, like Conti said, your distances will be disproportionate, and the notes won't sound true to their fret.

:cry:

nice to see you too eli :)
English ain't mah language so I often get confused, also about sarcasm stuff and so on, so in most of your posts I don't understand if you're making fun of me, sorry.

But if you weren't joking, let me point out that I never lacked of respect towards you nor towards anyone... but, if these last posts by yours (starting from the 'buttsecks-post') mean that you highly dislike me, it's ok.. there are already many people who hate me, I don't care anymore.

Last but not least, I've nothing against you, so I hope you're fine and had a nice Christmas time and holiday so far.

Better leave this thread now, my presence here is totally unnecessary.

it depends.
usually at least a little bit.

but not so much if you use the same gauge/tuning. if you change guage/tuning, then most definitely yes.

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6815097 said:
English ain't mah language so I often get confused, also about sarcasm stuff and so on, so in most of your posts I don't understand if you're making fun of me, sorry.

But if you weren't joking, let me point out that I never lacked of respect towards you nor towards anyone... but, if these last posts by yours (starting from the 'buttsecks-post') mean that you highly dislike me, it's ok.. there are already many people who hate me, I don't care anymore.

Last but not least, I've nothing against you, so I hope you're fine and had a nice Christmas time and holiday so far.

no, you completely misunderstand.

of course i like you! If my "jokes" have offended you, then I'll stop, and I apologize for any ill feelings I've created. they weren't said in a malicious manner.

About gauges,now I'm playing in D tuning with 009-046 because it was the gauge my RR24 came with.I've tried in other guitars the 010-052 gauge for D,and it's been great,but now in the new one,playing with thicker picks it gets ok,so,my question is:does the string gauge affect sound-wise?Because if it doesn't it's not gonna be worth start all the process of intonating and retuning when I change it and I'll stay in 009-046.

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532;;6815097 said:

How? Why? Why would someone hate you?:zombie::ill: