Guitar Player's Thread

^what kind of randall? i got one too. Rh50 tube head with behringer cab.

you just don't get it, that's the point :p

if you need more "crunch," you're equalizing wrong, and/or you should get new pickups, and/or etc. why the fuck would you want to "drive" your rhythm playing :lol:. if anything, i'd use it for more character on my solos, but seeing as that particular pedal sucks many balls... there's a shitload of extraneous noise, which defeats the purpose of the NS ffs. also, if you hated the metalzone, you'll hate the SD-1 :lol:. the fucker whines.

It sounds as you dont entirely know what a OD will do to your tone. For ME it compresses the tone and makes it a bit tighter/crunchier and works as a nifty little extra EQ. No i equalized it so many ways there is just no way to get some more crunch out of it. Pickups are a little part of your sound its mostly the amp and effects. Have you ever heard a ibanez TS9? Its noisy too and i think all OD pedals are equally noisy. You seem to be biased against ALL OD pedals so i can't really trust your opinion:lol: Tell me exactly what is wrong with it? It boosts the signal and makes it lushier and gives a more heavy bottom end and more crunch and a better solo tone too. Tell me a better pedal then man :p I can't afford the TS9 or TS-808

It sounds as you dont entirely know what a OD will do to your tone. For ME it compresses the tone and makes it a bit tighter/crunchier and works as a nifty little extra EQ. No i equalized it so many ways there is just no way to get some more crunch out of it. Pickups are a little part of your sound its mostly the amp and effects. Have you ever heard a ibanez TS9? Its noisy too and i think all OD pedals are equally noisy. You seem to be biased against ALL OD pedals so i can't really trust your opinion:lol: Tell me exactly what is wrong with it? It boosts the signal and makes it lushier and gives a more heavy bottom end and more crunch and a better solo tone too. Tell me a better pedal then man :p I can't afford the TS9 or TS-808

Randall RH150G3 I think(Valve Dynamic-Mosfet thing with 2 preamp tubes) head and Randall R412CXM cabinet.

Overdrive/distortion pedals are too noisy as gainboosters. If you have passive p-ups then go for the Seymour Duncan booster (in their web you can check it, it's a pedal booster, it's red). Pickups make a difference, just put Alexi's sound in this summer festivals compared to CRY sound or CRY sound compared to Tokyo Warhearts sound.

you have a band?

postjump

Yes. We're called Bringer Of Pain and we're suposed to do death/thrash metal. We're recording the first demo atm. In YouTube if I remember right the only decent vid we have is a Pursuit Of Vikings cover (we play in D, but if you can stand the ''new'' tunning I think the song is ok).

Bringer Of Pain Myspace

As we're recording our first demo atm there's no music in there.

You should definitely listen to shredtastical! Not only will the S-OD sound shitty when you use it as a normal OD pedal, it won't do what you describe, too. Perhaps we misunderstand what you want to achieve, but I think you should give a good equalizer like this mxr Kerry King thingy a shot.

I have my mic and every thing connected properly but I can't adjust the sounds or even find it as a 'new device' under the sound control panel. I have no idea what I am doing wrong! :erk:

ARG! Corny just left :lol:

Can anyone do me a huge favour and show me a website that sells Jackson Stars guitars (preferably THIS model...
DS00222952_1.jpg
AND ships/sells to America? Ishibashi guitars no longer distributes Jackson Stars which was a A MAJOR bummer for me. That website a couple pages back had REALLY good prices, but I'm sure it was Japan only. Can anyone help me out?
:kickass:

I have my mic and every thing connected properly but I can't adjust the sounds or even find it as a 'new device' under the sound control panel. I have no idea what I am doing wrong! :erk:

I also tried both the "Mic jack" and the "Audio Input/Line in" jack. And yes, the microphone DOES work.

Yes I know, that's what I just did. I found it right after you showed me the link. I emailed the certain company that carries the guitar and see if they reply back? Though they said all stores may not ship to America. We'll see? If I don't get an answer in a couple days I'll try and call them, doubt they'll know what I'm trying to say tho. :lol:

of course i understand what they fucking do :lol:

for compressing the signal, buy a COMPRESSOR? I mean, wtf :p

for equalizing, buy an EQUALIZER?

overdrive/distortion pedals are meant for people who can't afford expensive amps (i.e. TUBE half stacks), yet still want to improve on their tone.

yes there are subtle uses for the OD pedals. ZW actually makes great use of his to give his solos character, like i already said. but there is no fucking reason you should be using it for rhythm "crunch."

and yes, pickups make a HUGE difference. are you using emg's? if so, i'm not surprised you're not satisfied with your rhythm tone :lol:

Overdrive/distortion pedals are too noisy as gainboosters. If you have passive p-ups then go for the Seymour Duncan booster (in their web you can check it, it's a pedal booster, it's red). Pickups make a difference, just put Alexi's sound in this summer festivals compared to CRY sound or CRY sound compared to Tokyo Warhearts sound.

You should definitely listen to shredtastical! Not only will the S-OD sound shitty when you use it as a normal OD pedal, it won't do what you describe, too. Perhaps we misunderstand what you want to achieve, but I think you should give a good equalizer like this mxr Kerry King thingy a shot.

These guys have it pretty much :lol:

try this:

Treble = 70%
Mids = Max
Bass = 85%

adjust your treble if you want even more crunch, but i'd say don't go too far over 75%. and if you do, think about cutting your bass a little.

well, apparently you solved your problem?

which interface did you buy?

Yes I know, that's what I just did. I found it right after you showed me the link. I emailed the certain company that carries the guitar and see if they reply back? Though they said all stores may not ship to America. We'll see? If I don't get an answer in a couple days I'll try and call them, doubt they'll know what I'm trying to say tho. :lol:
Just hope they speak english.

Yeah, but you said at first they might not ship to America, so I just went with that and tried and contact Ishibashi, but they don't distribute Jackson Stars anymore, but just tonight I found out the website YOU showed me, you can perhaps if you're lucky get them to ship to America it depends on each company that distributes the guitars on that website, so I contacted "Bigboss" or w.e. the name of the company that is selling that Jackson Stars and seeing if they will ship/sell that guitar to me, I certainly hope so!!

Ah fuck! :erk: At best, I can get a decent tone. The signal is weak. Is this were a mixer or mic preamp comes into play?

Also, how do I record on top of a back track/song excerpt in CEP?