Guitar Player's Thread

^Ofcourse...the old one was shit. I still think you misunderstood me. I love the randall still there is something lacking/Failing in it. Could it be the tubes? From what i remember it didnt sound muddy at first but...I was kinda hoping of getting that litte thing i miss out of the OD pedal but it was false hope i guess. You're right about the me not needing tons of gear. I do need the RR24 and Randall though...i couldn't live with the MMV. It was horrible. Ive been kinda trying to blame the muddy sound on my imagination and say the amp is like that but i still don't honestly think its allright.

How do I record over midi? I imported the midi from gp and when I press record it does not record over the back track. I can record over nothing just fine but when there is another file... :confused: I know Mitch does this all the time. Mitch, come back dammit! :mad: :lol:

How do I record over midi? I imported the midi from gp and when I press record it does not record over the back track. I can record over nothing just fine but when there is another file... :confused: I know Mitch does this all the time. Mitch, come back dammit! :mad: :lol:

When i tried i just took the midi to Cool edit pro or wtf the software was and chose the track and source for recording it and recorded and it played the backing track while recording too. Pretty nifty.

...how much do you use the "Dry out" effect? The higher the setting the more grainy it becomes. Someone *cough* mitch *cough* should type up a tutorial on how to use CEP and recommended settings and guidelines :D

We have a bit bad communication! Oh nevermind dude :lol: Well if you for example buy a amp that isn't THAT metalvoiced (for.example) Valve king. Then you can help it to push over to metal with an OD pedal. If it has the gain and not the voicing then you need an EQ. Im fuckin n00b at pickups too so i dunno wtf to do if i want to install them...what would you reccomend? I currently have EMG 81...i have actually not been satisfied with my tone for some time now on any amp at home. Could be when i can't crank it but i doubt it. The Tubescreamer DOES help a little. Thanks for the settings. Will try em tonight. I feel like i have seriously misunderstood the use of ODs overall but shit the same. Good thing i came here before i bought. Well i had a afterburner on my MMV which i had before and i gotta tell you. It sucked pretty much ass...noisy and stuff but it did do alot of difference to overall tone. As said i have EMG 81...what do i do?

Big sigh...People here didnt think the last video was bad at all. The video before that was bad yes and it was recorded with my old peavey(dunno why my cam hates it but it doesnt give a plain sound..its all muddy and grainy...i dont blame the amp though). My amp does NOT sound pure shit. Theres just something extra i want out of it that isnt there...get it? I hear my mistakes in playing and i dont say i play good either. The amp is NOT BAD. It just got muddy tone now that it didnt have before too in addition(Wtf got wrong with it i dont know) I have good equipment i agree...i have no fuckin problem with my equipment. YOu really got me all wrong there. Im not complaining about my tone overall but i miss some of it and it can become a bit muddy(especially at band playing. Still havent really got to try it out since i found a new sweet spot on the amp so i dont know).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9YMwbegM1k Thats my last vid in case you havent seen it. I dont think that is pure shit. Lots to improve but i dont think its shit. I know when its in the amp and not. Im just not satisfied with the tone. Its missing SOMETHING. Its pretty good though. Maybe a EQ would help indeed.

On that vid though...i love that tone actually. Its not bad! I just miss some of that "compression" in the tone.

EDIT: I dont regret getting RR24. IT did help me alot in the playing...felt more comfortable with it and it didnt go out of tune in 1 palm mute(FTW). The tremolo was unusable on it too(The MMV). It was the 06 version. Furthermore i didn't get that Randall For home playing. 50 Tube watts for home is too much...it was mainly because i play in a band and my Peavey just couldn't do the job. And yep...i defend myself. You got me wrong. If i would be complaining it sounds pure shit though then it would be different imo :lol:

i cant really say i have loads of guitar stuff thought. The randall,Broken peavey combo(the speaker broke and sounds a bit shitty nowadays...not fully broken though),The jackson and boss metal zone. Im editing again well. My final opinion is. My amp won't sound less muddy with better skills...i mean come on its not only me complaining about it. Im still suspecting the tubes have taken the boot but im not sure...

the reason it's "missing something that it used to have" is because you've gotten used to the tone. you've been playing the same tone now for awhile, and you start to hear the nuances etc.

and your playing sounds muddy in a band because YOU DON'T BOOST YOUR MIDS ENOUGH. fucking hell how many times do i have to say this? the smiley eq sounds pretty good for a bedroom guitar solo jam, but in a band, mids are a must. those are what are "missing" from your sound, so eq your fucking amp instead of buying new shit. the retardation/stubborness/arrogance level of some people is beyond fucking amazing :lol:

Tell that to Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, etc. Overdrive pedals are designed specifically for tube amps. Also, isn't Andy Sneap infamous for using a tubescreamer overdrive pedal in front of a rectifier for rhythm tones?

i said there were subtle uses for it yes. but not the full fucking tone overhaul that he was talking about.

did you even read my last post :cry:

first off, you need to tell me which DAW you're using. second off, your DAW probably doesn't auto create a new track when you hit record (useful for punching in, be it manually or botted). record the midi, then make a SEPARATE track, and THEN record your guitar. finally, mix everything down into two stereo tracks, i recommend making your guitar louder, i recommend TWO guitar tracks etc. etc. etc...

edit: oh and yeah, an interface is almost a must. it'll serve as your new soundcard, mic preamp etc. getting a good interface will save you a lot of headache. some people even go as far as to get those motorized mixer things, but i dno. an interface will process your mic tone etc better than your computer would, and send a clearer signal to your speakers, etc. it just makes you 2340213408 times more versatile.

did you even read my last post :cry:

first off, you need to tell me which DAW you're using. second off, your DAW probably doesn't auto create a new track when you hit record (useful for punching in, be it manually or botted). record the midi, then make a SEPARATE track, and THEN record your guitar. finally, mix everything down into two stereo tracks, i recommend making your guitar louder, i recommend TWO guitar tracks etc. etc. etc...

edit: oh and yeah, an interface is almost a must. it'll serve as your new soundcard, mic preamp etc. getting a good interface will save you a lot of headache. some people even go as far as to get those motorized mixer things, but i dno. an interface will process your mic tone etc better than your computer would, and send a clearer signal to your speakers, etc. it just makes you 2340213408 times more versatile.

I figured out how to record little after I posted my question, like hours ago :lol: I appreciate all your help thus far, hell, you even affected my purchasing decisions :lol: I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay for an interface right now, I have other stuff I need to buy as well :loco: I'll see. Right now I would describe this so called "tone" I get as dry and lifeless, LOL.

the reason it's "missing something that it used to have" is because you've gotten used to the tone. you've been playing the same tone now for awhile, and you start to hear the nuances etc.

and your playing sounds muddy in a band because YOU DON'T BOOST YOUR MIDS ENOUGH. fucking hell how many times do i have to say this? the smiley eq sounds pretty good for a bedroom guitar solo jam, but in a band, mids are a must. those are what are "missing" from your sound, so eq your fucking amp instead of buying new shit. the retardation/stubborness/arrogance level of some people is beyond fucking amazing :lol:

i said there were subtle uses for it yes. but not the full fucking tone overhaul that he was talking about.

THe problem is....i really do DO that. At home though i have the mids at 11:00 and the treble at 13:00. At band practice i dont remember but they are different....ofcourse it sounds different. Zomg you dont really get my point still....and thats no reason to call me retarded. I understand the OD thing but it does help my tone a bit when i plug in TS9 and fiddle around with the controls but it brings noise and im sure every OD does that. Yeah whatever. We won't get anywhere with this anyway....you assume i can't find my own tone and tweak. I love tweaking i do it all the time and can experiment on my tone on my own so its not really EQin that is the problem. ok? And im sure about it. The EQing does not take away the "muddy" sound from it! Its been tried. You seem to be equally retarded in that case being so stubbonr to blame it all on my EQing :lol: Im telling you...its not my mind since other people hear it. Im suspecting the tubes but what are really the "symptoms" when tubes are finished? I really do appreciate your help but you don't seem to get the magnitude of the problem :lol: Shit the same.

THe problem is....i really do DO that. At home though i have the mids at 11:00 and the treble at 13:00. At band practice i dont remember but they are different....ofcourse it sounds different. Zomg you dont really get my point still....and thats no reason to call me retarded. I understand the OD thing but it does help my tone a bit when i plug in TS9 and fiddle around with the controls but it brings noise and im sure every OD does that. Yeah whatever. We won't get anywhere with this anyway....you assume i can't find my own tone and tweak. I love tweaking i do it all the time and can experiment on my tone on my own so its not really EQin that is the problem. ok? And im sure about it. The EQing does not take away the "muddy" sound from it! Its been tried. You seem to be equally retarded in that case being so stubbonr to blame it all on my EQing :lol: Im telling you...its not my mind since other people hear it. Im suspecting the tubes but what are really the "symptoms" when tubes are finished? I really do appreciate your help but you don't seem to get the magnitude of the problem :lol: Shit the same.

I tried out more of the EQing shit today and put gain at 3/4 and the Mids at 11:00 and treble at 13:00. The bass at full or a bit less. The Tubescreamer i put on half volume and just a bit under half gain and about 10:00 on Tone. The sound was pure heaven. I wish i could really afford a TS9.

You could buy the re-issue of the tubescreamer, which is what i bought. I've tried both of them, and they sound basically the same, atleast with the POD and my practice amp. The cheap re-issue normally costs around 60-70$, but i bought it when they had a sale for 40$

^Ofcourse...the old one was shit. I still think you misunderstood me. I love the randall still there is something lacking/Failing in it. Could it be the tubes? From what i remember it didnt sound muddy at first but...I was kinda hoping of getting that litte thing i miss out of the OD pedal but it was false hope i guess. You're right about the me not needing tons of gear. I do need the RR24 and Randall though...i couldn't live with the MMV. It was horrible. Ive been kinda trying to blame the muddy sound on my imagination and say the amp is like that but i still don't honestly think its allright.

ITS A CHEAP RANDALL

^Lol...its good for the price man! As good as Valveking atleast...i like the Randall more though. No i think its just a OD pedal it needs...so does a Valveking. A cheap randall is a randall solidstate RX120 or wtf they are. It didnt sound muddy at starters but it could be like Shredtastical said that its when i started getting used to the tone. The TS9 and randall gives a really nice punchy tone though. Might still get the OD now that i found a tone i absolutely love. I dont boost the signal all i can from the eq. Half or less is always good on it....anything after that makes it grainy.

ITS A CHEAP RANDALL

gtfo

^Lol...its good for the price man! As good as Valveking atleast...i like the Randall more though. No i think its just a OD pedal it needs...so does a Valveking. A cheap randall is a randall solidstate RX120 or wtf they are. It didnt sound muddy at starters but it could be like Shredtastical said that its when i started getting used to the tone. The TS9 and randall gives a really nice punchy tone though. Might still get the OD now that i found a tone i absolutely love. I dont boost the signal all i can from the eq. Half or less is always good on it....anything after that makes it grainy.

l2play geetar

just took my new Line6 Spider III 150 head to jam with my drummer. And I am still very pleased with it. I really like it, and anyone who doesn't should give it a second chance.

shut the fuck up! i'm not even kidding dude.

you've been told multiple times in this thread: learn to play guitar, set your amp differently, etc., yet you're still being a cock about it :lol:

first off, those aren't even the eq settings i gave you. the guitar is a mid-range instrument. if you don't make that the prominent frequency set, IT IS NOT GOING TO STAND OUT. end of fucking story

just took my new Line6 Spider III 150 head to jam with my drummer. And I am still very pleased with it. I really like it, and anyone who doesn't should give it a second chance.

what are your settings? i also remember it being way too fucking complicated :lol: