Guitar Player's Thread

^Ofcourse...the old one was shit. I still think you misunderstood me. I love the randall still there is something lacking/Failing in it. Could it be the tubes? From what i remember it didnt sound muddy at first but...I was kinda hoping of getting that litte thing i miss out of the OD pedal but it was false hope i guess. You're right about the me not needing tons of gear. I do need the RR24 and Randall though...i couldn't live with the MMV. It was horrible. Ive been kinda trying to blame the muddy sound on my imagination and say the amp is like that but i still don't honestly think its allright.

Holy SHIT, I just tuned my guitar back a full step down a few hours ago to see if I'm ready to tackle Necrophagist this time around, and I just learned Only Ash Remains :zombie:

time+guitar pro 5=you can pretty much learn hard stuff pretty fast.

ive been working on a composition for a contest that i've been in for the last 2 years. the first year i wrote a 5-piece orchestra thing and i got people to record it and i got nationals and won 200 bucks, that was when i was like 11/12, and last year i wrote like a neo-classical thing and won state, which is still good. and this year it's like wintersun/neo-classical stuff. but i gotta finish it really soon because i'm supposed to record it this weekend. i think im close though.

banana_sticker.jpg

*GASP* wowee! We gets ones of those really cools bananas stickers!

Hey guys can you link me a excercise or something for alternate picking? I don't do the spastic thing anymore but my picking aint the best to be honest and id want to minimize the movement in picking...use thumb more and some wrist. Picking is like the weakest part of my playing i guess...its not bad but its not great or good either...something like below average.

Hey guys can you link me a excercise or something for alternate picking? I don't do the spastic thing anymore but my picking aint the best to be honest and id want to minimize the movement in picking...use thumb more and some wrist. Picking is like the weakest part of my playing i guess...its not bad but its not great or good either...something like below average.

Just practice it with a metronome.

anything having alternate picking in it, no matter what it is, as long as you metronome it, its the same thing pretty much as anything else. Practicing anything can make you better, no specifics. But my advice, GET GILBERT'S INTENSE ROCK@

what are YOU laughing about :lol:?

I can't seem to find it now, but there's one Yngwie parody video where he spams the phrase "as of yet!", and it just got me thinking of that video :lol:

anything having alternate picking in it, no matter what it is, as long as you metronome it, its the same thing pretty much as anything else. Practicing anything can make you better, no specifics. But my advice, GET GILBERT'S INTENSE ROCK@

You're partly right, anything with alternate picking is obviously going to help your alternate picking out. :loco: And PG's IR 1 and 2 are both awesome.

But only relying on your metronome is only half the truth, if you don't actually listen to the tone you get, it will never sound good, and i'm not talking about the tone from your amp, but the pick attack and all those physical parts. Although this is all said in both Intense Rock's.

of course. But there are a lot of people who aren't extremely picky about sound. but those who are, are the perfectionists. and often, like you said, they "do good music."

I can't seem to find it now, but there's one Yngwie parody video where he spams the phrase "as of yet!", and it just got me thinking of that video :lol:

You're partly right, anything with alternate picking is obviously going to help your alternate picking out. :loco: And PG's IR 1 and 2 are both awesome.

But only relying on your metronome is only half the truth, if you don't actually listen to the tone you get, it will never sound good, and i'm not talking about the tone from your amp, but the pick attack and all those physical parts. Although this is all said in both Intense Rock's.

Yeah i guess. I think i got great pinches and all that but my fast alternate picking suffers and i don't get the punch or attack i want to. In short...my picking hand should be more flexible and faster.

@All: Thanks for advice. Will check them out!

Talking of yngwie...the parody about him doing a commercial for boss NS-2 is fuckin hilarious:lol: IM SURE it has been posted many times but i have to post it again!

The worst is that u really hear the Noise gate choking it and losing some tone(Saved my looife many timz) :lol: Not the best promotion!

Last edited by a moderator:

Watch these videos:

Then practice slowly with a metronome, avoiding tension-causing factors (anchoring hand/finger/arm on any part of the guitar, large picking movements, wrist not in line with the arm, etc.), and be patient. Noticeable improvements don't always happen overnight.

It doesn't really matter what lick you practice. Just practice ones that you want to learn, but remember the fundamentals of starting slowly with a metronome and not going to the point of tense uncontrolled playing.

Last edited by a moderator: