Guitar Player's Thread

lol inhe, if there's one thing I've noticed about you, it's that you are a HUGE tone freak :lol:

You're right, i should just stop caring. All my following songs will be recorded with the guitar directly into the sound card. Killer tone! :lol:

Watch these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khs0Wl7Hvas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvMcT_NiaWo

Then practice slowly with a metronome, avoiding tension-causing factors (anchoring hand/finger/arm on any part of the guitar, large picking movements, wrist not in line with the arm, etc.), and be patient. Noticeable improvements don't always happen overnight.

It doesn't really matter what lick you practice. Just practice ones that you want to learn, but remember the fundamentals of starting slowly with a metronome and not going to the point of tense uncontrolled playing.

Ofcourse...i Do whatever to get my picking hand up to scratch. Thanks alot. Will give them a shot tonight or tomorrow! Hopefully do them everyday just for the practice!

'Sup motherfuckers. I MIGHT have my internet back by Jan 11th so if I do, I'll sort out the forum jam ASAP. I'll probably PM you all again to ask you to reupload your solos because they would have expired by now and there's no way for me to download them at home. If you still haven't sent me a solo, hold back until I say so because I can't do anything with it yet anyway.

That comment yesterday was pretty random 'cause I was kinda pissed off that my friend let me use his computer but insisted that he looked over everything I wrote, he even tried reading my emails and PM's, wtf. So yeah, I just typed fast and with not much sense or whatever. Not that it matters.

Anything cool been happening here? I've got 35mins left so I can read it if anyone cares to tell me.

'That comment yesterday was pretty random 'cause I was kinda pissed off that my friend let me use his computer but insisted that he looked over everything I wrote, he even tried reading my emails and PM's, wtf. So yeah, I just typed fast and with not much sense or whatever. Not that it matters.

Anything cool been happening here? I've got 35mins left so I can read it if anyone cares to tell me.

What kind of friend was that? :lol:

Not much going on in this thread, the usual, except for Mystique, who bought one of them PODxt, and the Phenom ranting about new gear.

'Sup motherfuckers. I MIGHT have my internet back by Jan 11th so if I do, I'll sort out the forum jam ASAP. I'll probably PM you all again to ask you to reupload your solos because they would have expired by now and there's no way for me to download them at home. If you still haven't sent me a solo, hold back until I say so because I can't do anything with it yet anyway.

That comment yesterday was pretty random 'cause I was kinda pissed off that my friend let me use his computer but insisted that he looked over everything I wrote, he even tried reading my emails and PM's, wtf. So yeah, I just typed fast and with not much sense or whatever. Not that it matters.

Wow, no offense, but he sounds like a fucking dolt. Oh wait, that was offense, but it wasnt directed at you anyways.

For me this is a blessing, i think i should redo my solo :lol:

Don't feel stressed about the jam man, it will be done when its done ;P

Happy new years btw :D

What kind of friend was that? :lol:

Not much going on in this thread, the usual, except for Mystique, who bought one of them PODxt, and the Phenom ranting about new gear.

Cool. Has she uploaded anything yet?

Wow, no offense, but he sounds like a fucking dolt. Oh wait, that was offense, but it wasnt directed at you anyways.

For me this is a blessing, i think i should redo my solo :lol:

Don't feel stressed about the jam man, it will be done when its done ;P

Happy new years btw :D

Well yeah, he's a fucking moron but I still hang around with him. :lol: He's starting to really piss me off so I might just hang him and stick him under his bed, his parents wouldn't even notice.

Happy New Years to you too. (and everyone else)

Happy New Year for you all and a question too: what justifies the 300€ rise between pedal and rack version of ISP Decimator?? I can't see how the two chanels thing can make it that expensive, :ill:

the first channel is for pickup hum, transformer hum etc. and the second channel goes through the effects loop and cleans up high gain preamp noise, ground loop hum, and any other noise in that chain.

Cool. Has she uploaded anything yet?

No, I'm still getting used to all the settings the pod has to offer. there are soo many things you can tweak on it, it's ridiculous. It seriously is a whole studio crammed into this little thing. Like every detail that makes a sound what it is, they've thought of and included for you to fix as you want. So it's taking me lots of hours just to find the tone I want to record specific songs. It's really frustrating at times. But hopefully I'll have a song recorded by this weekend.

I tried out something on the randall...it turned out the modern channel sucks for high gain stuff in overall(It should be perfect for metallica...atleast it seems to have that kinda voicing on it). It takes away ALL THE COMPRESSION from the tone and it gets loose and muddy. The Vintage channel was pleasant with TS9 though. Very pleasant. Settings i used was something like Mid=7 or 8 Treble=same Bass=5-6 Gain=3-4. OD pedal i had something like TONE=7 Gain=5 and level=6. Gave a nice boost. I would like to get a bit more Compression to my tone aswell but might be when i turn the amp up it will be a bit better. I liked it but Compression would be nice but its not as needed as a noisegate&OD pedal so i will have to check out later if id actually go for one(I can't spend that much...I can only buy the OD pedal and Noisegate because of dads assistance and the money i have on my Thomann USER account already).

EDIT: The Modern cannel has fuckin much bass:lol: You can turn it to 0 at high volumes and still have a fairly loud bass response :lol:

ok "The phenom" seriously, i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but untill you get better on the guitar, NOTHING IS GOING TO SOUND GOOD, you'll be amazed at how much your current settings actually work for you when you learn how to play, so spend your time practicing rather then looking up and trying out pointless gear, kthxbye.