Guitar Player's Thread

I'm quite impressed, I wish I was able to arrange parts for ALL instruments. Just by doing this process I bet you are improving at guitar. And of course a musician is always trying to find ways to improve and revise.

"A painting is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places." -Paul Gardner

Nice quote :) I agree. I'm always sad when Starchild ends, 'there's no end to creation'... but it had to end somewhere :p. I only started to write stuff like 6 months ago... i couldn't even use guitar pro then so i just gradually taught myself.

on Sunday my band Portland Youth Rock Orchestra (PYRO) played a battle of the bands. we got there at 2:30. and we sold the most tickets (91 out of 100) so we got to choose what spot we wanted out of 10 bands. we chose 2nd to last (at around 9 o clock) which is around the time everyone would be there. because the judging is on applause. so pretty much the first couple bands sucked. i dont want to even say how bad :lol: but the 6th band was called voyd. the guitarist was 15 and he was fucking amazing but he was the only catch of the band. chops were amazing but songwriting blowed and it was just him wanking half the time. a sweet metal band played some log covers they were cool. long story short we got on the sound was amazing. everything went amazing crowd was INSANE we had the biggest mosh pit. and we playstuff from blues-jazz-funk-heavy metal so it was awesome the response we got. we played 3 originals and 1 cover (john the fisherman) we had to cut chop suey because of that gay band voyd that begged like pussies to play one more.my solos were awesome no gear problems. my dad filmed the whole thing so vids will be up soon.

well the last band went on and they were called forbidden symphony. i didnt like the singer who was a girl. she wasnt to great. but the guitarists...fuck the lead guitarist was god damn insane. he had old school 80's ibanez, you know when they used to make the ones with the cool designs? he was all over the place fucking madman. the other guitarist was awesome and he had a jem 77fp that was actually steve vai's once. so all said and done all of our fans left (gay bitches) so we were kinda afraid we would lose. but its only the semi-finals so 3 bands move on. so there were a million people for forbidden symphony but we had good applause. after i talked to the guys from symphony they were really awesome they were like 40 and said how amazing i was etc. etc. anyways today we learned that were on for the finals on march 1st so im phsyced. and we got asked to play again at rock and roll pizza but we cant make out buts it great exposure.

sorry for long post but im so happy :)

Has anyone here tried singing any Wintersun? I personally think that the hardest song to sing by them is Starchild, then maybe Winter Madness after that. I've tried singing the entire album, and I think those two are the hardest.:kickass:

Keytars! OMG, if someday I become rich or popular (or both, but still being alive :lol:) I fucking want to make me build my own models of Keytar, cause I think it's very useful and can be nice BUT HOLY FUCK they are so ugly that doesn't make any sense.

Guitar Pro album?

Ahah... I think I made 4 MIDI albums before I could finnaly reccord my things :lol:

I could make a Zip fill with all my shit in it, I just hope I can repair my Hard disk.

The first project I had was an ambiant orchestral soundtrack called Canne-Tordue, tho now I find it musically poor I still love it, even if it's like 1h30 of boredom :lol:
I've got a MIDI album for Norfmentis, Folk metal project, the first folk songs I made. They are all like 3-4-5 minutes track, I think there's 15 song on it. I've got one for Inner Museum, some Progressive Metal project I had, there's like 6 song about 6 minute on it. My plan with that was to make write an album in a week, tho it's nothing impressive.
For my next Norfmentis album that I will reccord, I'm writing the song on Guitar Pro first (cause I'm doing the drum with GP, and after that I need to learn the guitars, the bass and other shit like Thin Whistle, Bombard and the Keyboards, so I can't just improvise it on the reccording programs or clearly write all that on paper). The album is now more Folk/Experimental and darker. The first one (that I won't never reccorded, even if I took 2 track on it) was more like... cheesy and happier. On this one till now there's 6 song, from 5 to 12 minutes for tracks, 8 minute in general.

I've got a lot of orchestral things too and experimental shit that I made for fun. I don't really know how many I have but I know I've lost a lot since the last years.

Everything is on my hard disk, and "Hard disk failure is imminent."... I hope it's gonna alright, cause there's a lot of shit on it :lol:

Well if you upload the songs other people will have them too so you won't lose anything :p I would like to hear some of your stuff.

I could make a Zip fill with all my shit in it, I just hope I can repair my Hard disk.

The first project I had was an ambiant orchestral soundtrack called Canne-Tordue, tho now I find it musically poor I still love it, even if it's like 1h30 of boredom :lol:
I've got a MIDI album for Norfmentis, Folk metal project, the first folk songs I made. They are all like 3-4-5 minutes track, I think there's 15 song on it. I've got one for Inner Museum, some Progressive Metal project I had, there's like 6 song about 6 minute on it. My plan with that was to make write an album in a week, tho it's nothing impressive.
For my next Norfmentis album that I will reccord, I'm writing the song on Guitar Pro first (cause I'm doing the drum with GP, and after that I need to learn the guitars, the bass and other shit like Thin Whistle, Bombard and the Keyboards, so I can't just improvise it on the reccording programs or clearly write all that on paper). The album is now more Folk/Experimental and darker. The first one (that I won't never reccorded, even if I took 2 track on it) was more like... cheesy and happier. On this one till now there's 6 song, from 5 to 12 minutes for tracks, 8 minute in general.

I've got a lot of orchestral things too and experimental shit that I made for fun. I don't really know how many I have but I know I've lost a lot since the last years.

Everything is on my hard disk, and "Hard disk failure is imminent."... I hope it's gonna alright, cause there's a lot of shit on it :lol:

Vocals?:kickass:

^I'll do the vocals for Norfmentis after they will be finished writing. I usually don't tab vocals on GP :lol:

No actually I'm not on my computer cause the Hard Disk need to be repaired, the computer can't recognize it at the moment, so a technician will come at home to see if anything can be done.

^I'll do the vocals for Norfmentis after they will be finished writing. I usually don't tab vocals on GP :lol:

No actually I'm not on my computer cause the Hard Disk need to be repaired, the computer can't recognize it at the moment, so a technician will come at home to see if anything can be done.

What kind of vocals do you do? are you able to do clean and harsh?:kickass:

Guyz i wanna detune my guitar to 1 step down....my guitar has a edge III bridge...the tremelo spring's screws are stuck so i cant turn them.....is there a way to tune down my guitar witout changing string guages? if i detune it by opening the locking nuts and tuning it down with the tuner heads,will the frets buzz? also i have a digitech GNX3000...it makes a whistling noise when i am not playing..why is that? its really annoying

yes fret will buzz:lol: For D tuning you have to get something like 0.10 to 46 or 50. 0.11 to 50 is okay too. For Drop C i suggest changing out the low e string to one "gauge" thicker. You would have to set up your Tremolo bridge though. Maybe you have on the dist/dirty channel on your amp or just the gain or something that will make your digitech send out some shitty tone.

I cant solo...i tried bed of razar's solo and got everyone's ear bleeding...i wanna start off with sum simple metal solos....any suggestions?