Guitar Player's Thread

Phenom:

it's either....

tubes
pups
pots
pedals
cables

give me a rundown of what you have straight into the amp and whats in the fx loop

Okay man. Straight into Amp:OD. FX LOOP:MXR M-108. Cables i use are high quality stuff like Hot Line and Planet waves patch cables for the MXR. Im not sure what you mean with pots...

EDIT: I found a dead cable. Its the fuckin cordial...i didn't remember i had that shit! its a 3 euro cable. It keeps getting out of contact! Fuckin annoying. Also could the head to cab speaker cable cause some shit sounds? that one is really really really cheap.

fuckin cable. Now i have 2 things to get rid of. A shit cable and boss metal zone :lol:

Okay man. Straight into Amp:OD. FX LOOP:MXR M-108. Cables i use are high quality stuff like Hot Line and Planet waves patch cables for the MXR. Im not sure what you mean with pots...

EDIT: I found a dead cable. Its the fuckin cordial...i didn't remember i had that shit! its a 3 euro cable. It keeps getting out of contact! Fuckin annoying. Also could the head to cab speaker cable cause some shit sounds? that one is really really really cheap.

fuckin cable. Now i have 2 things to get rid of. A shit cable and boss metal zone :lol:

by pots i mean, the pots on your amp/guitar (vol tone, pretty much all the knobs)

dude keep all your pedals in the fx loop

i still think a vid would be really good to hear what your problem is

Warheart: welcome back friend!

Ruins: yeah she's really good, but she has a shitload of effects that covers up her mistakes, which there are

Ruins: yeah she's really good, but she has a shitload of effects that covers up her mistakes, which there are

Bullshit, all I hear is reverb. That's hardly an effect that can "cover up" mistakes.

Not to mention effects cant cover up mistakes anyway.

Woah, I just found this pic posted in this thread, fucking nice:

2ccuxk2.jpg

It's my guitar but in black with gold pinstripes instead of black with yellow bevels.

And regarding the forum jam, do I have everyone's entries? So far, I have:

• Conti
• Earth Breather
• Fetzer
• flyingv_guy
• Inhe
• Ruins
• (dave aswell I think)

I actually haven't recorded anything myself yet so when I do on Sun/Mon, I'll finish it up straight away. I bet you guys aren't even excited anymore since it's taken so long!!!

And here's a pic of my new J-50BC pickup that I got back in Dec 07 with a Charvel cover.
img.php

And my ticket for when I see Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert.
img.php

by pots i mean, the pots on your amp/guitar (vol tone, pretty much all the knobs)

dude keep all your pedals in the fx loop

i still think a vid would be really good to hear what your problem is

Warheart: welcome back friend!

I would never put a OD in my FX loop in fact:lol: It won't get as good results. Yeah i got no problem with MY SOUND anymore. its just the fuckin cable i think. I have to buy new one as soon as i get to a guitar center. Vid is coming up when i get back my Nikon Camera from my fuckin brother:lol: The EQ sounds great in FX loop though. Or i dunno maybe but i wanted to have my OD in front of amp. Still sounds great IMO. I only got MXR and The boss so i dont have a shitload of effects.

@Mitch: welcome back. Long time no see:lol:

Victor Smolski has to be one of my favourite guitarists of all time, so underrated.

And regarding the forum jam, do I have everyone's entries? So far, I have:

• Conti
• Earth Breather
• Fetzer
• flyingv_guy
• Inhe
• Ruins
• (dave aswell I think)

I actually haven't recorded anything myself yet so when I do on Sun/Mon, I'll finish it up straight away. I bet you guys aren't even excited anymore since it's taken so long!!!

And here's a pic of my new J-50BC pickup that I got back in Dec 07 with a Charvel cover.
img.php

And my ticket for when I see Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert.
img.php

When are you thinking a deadline? I have mine recorded but its on my pc back home and I'm in London until sometime next week.

But they do!!! There's like a huge buildup of brown gunk between every fret, the low E just dies when you play any note on it and it's just got no life in it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'd NEVER sell it and I did use it for some cool recordings, like you say, but after playing the new Jackson, I'd probably never use it live if I ever had the chance.

(oh, and sorry for this, I didn't realise that it wasnt the gtrplayers thread :zombie:)

Clean your fretboard regularly and get some new strings!! And of course I understand that it's nothing compared to your Jackson, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of it anymore :p I'm glad you'd never sell it. Looks like an awesome guitar really.