Guitar Player's Thread

@Failure of threads:

I posted a review of my ENGL some pages back.
Long story short; yeah good for the money, great ammounts of gain and volume; would recommand one. The minus is there is no separate EQ for clean/dist. channel

Bulb is out of this world for an "amateur" studio technician but I really can't listen to his music for more than a minute because it's boring.

Anyway, for the PG fans, check out my tab of THE GARGOYLE from his latest CD.

TAB
BT

Why? You fucking aced it! :lol: I only bothered to deal with those string-skipping arpeggios and the main theme that comes after that and random leads that I could easily decipher. I have a question, do you tab while listening through headphones to figure out the harmonys better? I have a little trouble figuring out which guitar plays what.

Because I'm interested in how other people interpret stuff compared to meeeee.

And I do listen through headphones, yeah.

Question...

Anyone know where I could get midi backing tracks for keyboard, that with them I could play along? Any backing tracks, and backing tracks to actual songs.
And ones which would suit to Technics model kn2600 keyboard, thx.

Also, before you start bashing I tried google, lol.

Another song i've been writing lately

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ow1b7b

Very Wintersunish, which isn't a bad thing. I have to say that this is my favorite of the ones you've posted. Only thing i would like is that it atleast had some cool riff and not just power chords all through.

You should start recording every song when you're done with it, if you don't, they probably will never be recorded. You have a pod and you can make backing tracks, so you've got everything!

Thanks!

I have 5 songs pretty much done now. Here's another, although work in prog.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1d2387

and yeah, i'm just practicing them at the moment :) All this time writing not enough playing! haha. It's hard not to be inspired by Wintersun the amount i listen to them :p

Question...

Anyone know where I could get midi backing tracks for keyboard, that with them I could play along? Any backing tracks, and backing tracks to actual songs.
And ones which would suit to Technics model kn2600 keyboard, thx.

Also, before you start bashing I tried google, lol.

Somehow I've noticed that no1 usually reads last post on the earlier page, so bump.