Guitar Player's Thread

Why the hell not? :lol: Just put it up to atleast see how many people would participate.

Im embarrased of that i don't know shit of that F#min and G minor shit :lol: I just know a few scales and do solos like that. I don't understand any theory :(

Well I'm sure you know the E pentatonic minor scale???????????

e-15-12------------------------------
b-------15-12-------------------------
g-------------14-12-------------------
d-------------------14-12-------------
a-------------------------14-12-------
e-------------------------------15-12-

That's E. To play it in F#, you just move it up 2 frets. To play it in G#, you move it up 4 frets. Simple as that.

Im embarrased of that i don't know shit of that F#min and G minor shit :lol: I just know a few scales and do solos like that. I don't understand any theory :(

One of the big "discovers" for me was to try to figure out the notes and chords that go into each key. So say you're in the key of F#min. Start on F#, which is on the second fret on the low E string, and play a minor scale. Those are the notes that fit into the key. This is of course just the very basic, but once you understand this, it will make a little more sense.

Well I'm sure you know the E pentatonic minor scale???????????

e-15-12------------------------------
b-------15-12-------------------------
g-------------14-12-------------------
d-------------------14-12-------------
a-------------------------14-12-------
e-------------------------------15-12-

That's E. To play it in F#, you just move it up 2 frets. To play it in G#, you move it up 4 frets. Simple as that.
Ah yeah i know...thanks for enlightening me. Yeah I know that scale. I use it all the time.
One of the big "discovers" for me was to try to figure out the notes and chords that go into each key. So say you're in the key of F#min. Start on F#, which is on the second fret on the low E string, and play a minor scale. Those are the notes that fit into the key. This is of course just the very basic, but once you understand this, it will make a little more sense.
aah ok....yeah im very newbish in these kinds of things...i mean i know chords and stuff. And what you and mitch enlightened me just there helped a bit to understand already...:worship:

I know the notes on the fretboard and i know chords and shit... i guess that will help too :lol:

If you know the notes on the fretboard, then you have no excuse not to look up the notes in the F#min scale and work it out...

i don't know shit of theory :p but i know like where is the F# and stuff...

but i don't know like "play a solo in F#", i know where to begin... but what about the rest? how you make a solo if you have only "the first note"?

If you know the notes on the fretboard, then you have no excuse not to look up the notes in the F#min scale and work it out...

I just don't understand that how to get those fuckin scales and stuff :lol: Sorry...i just don't know much anything of theory. All ive ever learned is the notes of the fretboard.

oh i guess i know now lol

there is the F# position in the fretboard, and there is the F# scale (with the notes already defined)

is this correct?

well i read, so wen you say "play in F#", is directly related with pentatonic scale only?

No, F#min is a key/scale. I was saying to the phenom that if he wanted to solo in F#min without thinking too much, you can just use the pentatonic scale in one position and use all the licks he normally would.

You don't have to know loads of complex theory to play some simple Hendrix/Clapton/Page licks in the pentatonic scale in different keys.