Guitar Player's Thread

oh i guess i know now lol

there is the F# position in the fretboard, and there is the F# scale (with the notes already defined)

is this correct?

I don't understand what you're saying.

If, when you say, "there is the F# POSITION", you mean the pentatonic scale, then yes, there's one position in which you can play it in F#.

i don't know shit of theory :p but i know like where is the F# and stuff...

but i don't know like "play a solo in F#", i know where to begin... but what about the rest? how you make a solo if you have only "the first note"?

Mitch already answered this, but in case you missed out on something:

rootod2.png

These are all the notes that are in the key of F#min, F#, G#, A, B, C#, D, E, F#.

You could play those notes at that position, but that solo would be kind of boring, but luckily, the same notes can be found all over the fretboard. So once you figure out were the notes on the fretboard are, and what notes are in the key you're playing, you can use those notes and they will "fit".

On another note, i've started recording my third song now, so expect it around next weekend!

What I'd advise doing is learning one key inside out. Probably Amin because it's one of the most popular.

Just work out the frets on each string, starting with the open string itself and writing it all down on paper. Then making 3 note per string, 4 note and maybe even 5 note per string scales and going between them all. So when you're doing some improv and you're trying to come up with a cool run, don't limit yourself to just using 3nps or the pentatonic or something. You should be able to go between the modes willingly, ascending and descending too.

Something like

e----------------------------------------------12-13-15-17---
b-------------------------------8-10-12-13-15---------------
g------------------------7-9-10-----------------------------
d--------------5-7-9-10-------------------------------------
a----------7-8----------------------------------------------
e-5-7-8-10-------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it applies to money too!!!

Will you be taking part of the forum jam when we do the PTTR one, my fellow Jackson-playing buddy. :D

Yeah, it applies to money too!!!

Will you be taking part of the forum jam when we do the PTTR one, my fellow Jackson-playing buddy. :D

First thing I thought of was money too! But I was afraid of saying it so I wouldn't be accused of being a materialist or something :D.

Yeah, I'd like to join in one of these jams too...PTTR backing track sounds cool...what scale should I use over it? (I'm one of those who have no theory knowledge :(:(:(:) I could try to come up with something sometime soon.

And I need to find something to record with...I tried 5150 head directly into Line in on the PC the other day...sounded like ass :D.

Here's the backing track for anyone that wants to practise jamming over it. I've just looped the two sections over and over eight times.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/celtkt

First section is F#min and the second is in G#min. Like I said to the other guys, pentatonic scales in those keys respectively will work fine.

I can give help to anyone that needs it but I don't wanna be starting from scratch. A little bit of work for yourself is required to actually learn it all and apply it.

Here's the backing track for anyone that wants to practise jamming over it. I've just looped the two sections over and over eight times.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/celtkt

First section is F#min and the second is in G#min. Like I said to the other guys, pentatonic scales in those keys respectively will work fine.

I can give help to anyone that needs it but I don't wanna be starting from scratch. A little bit of work for yourself is required to actually learn it all and apply it.

nice Mitch. This is one badass track. I'm expecting a very badass jam.

tack@ Inhe

i just read somewhere i cannae remember, the dude said Jacksons golden hardwares, with time the original colour kinda fades away (even with the proper/regular cleaning)

anyone experience something similar?

GOD DAMN IT! I'm recording no matter what, even if it takes several months to get around to doing so :mad: MUST GET THAT RG! (remarkable, I don't even have a 'beater' guitar, HOW THE FUCK!)

Sorry for spamming...

well i read, so wen you say "play in F#", is directly related with pentatonic scale only?

the "pentatonic scale" is really a fragmented scale. A natural minor scale has 7 notes; the pentatonic scale just omits the 2nd and 6th degrees, making it five notes.