Guitar Player's Thread

why my brother > you

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture036-2.jpg

Here's the backing track for anyone that wants to practise jamming over it. I've just looped the two sections over and over eight times.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/celtkt

First section is F#min and the second is in G#min. Like I said to the other guys, pentatonic scales in those keys respectively will work fine.

I can give help to anyone that needs it but I don't wanna be starting from scratch. A little bit of work for yourself is required to actually learn it all and apply it.

Swish! I have some cool ideas down for this already, well, at least i think they're cool. :loco:

So dya reckon it's time for another one then?

I sometimes feel like it's too soon but then I think, "what difference does it make?", all you have to do it record a solo instead of taking 30mins to practise or something.

I'll sort out all the official crap later.

Already ? :( I don't have my HDD yet, I can't reccord... well if it's essential I'll bring my keyboard to my friend's house. I'll download the bt and listen to it tomorrow.

When's the earliest you can participate with your..HDD. (whatever that is :p)

I will take part at the next jam session too - the first time!!!! Got some great ideas though my records are not the best because of my headphones... :/

Good to see a new guy taking part. :kickass:

So dya reckon it's time for another one then?

I sometimes feel like it's too soon but then I think, "what difference does it make?", all you have to do it record a solo instead of taking 30mins to practise or something.

I'll sort out all the official crap later.

I think we should wait to "start" until the thread becomes more active, to try and get as many people involved and inspired to do something. Or follow the holidays like an 'Easter jam' or something.

It's your call man :Spin:

I will most likely also participate. Just have to find my damned cable. This time i will try a new setting (and maybe this time i will be able to record too):lol: Metalzone through the MXR Equalizer into soundcard...it will sound like shit but what can i do?

I have a Jackson RR5 guitar, with general Duncan Designed pick-ups (don't know wich ones). It sounds good for me.
I have a Line6 Spider amplifier, in the beginning, it sounded like plastic, but when I tuned everything right, I got the right tone and I'm quite happy. I don't need to fuck up my guitar with other pick-ups. I'm not a great guitar player neither...

Whaaaaaaaat?! Another forum jam? F**k yessss, please!!! :)

Oops, sorry for being a pest... hi all! :wave: ...I hope you're all fine and that you played your guitars a lot! :kickass:

Hey Mitch (or any other tabber), can you do a tutorial/explain how to tab out drums in gp (or even by ear)? Maybe it is because I am not experienced with a drum set and do not recognize/understand the correct terms (like how to differentiate between a splash, crash, ride, or hi-hat :lol:), but I simply cannot tab out drums! I'm guessing some of you guys aren't drumers either so can you explain the process? In the mean time, I'll learn what each piece of the drum set sounds like :lol: