Guitar Player's Thread

wtf???!
two hand tapping u know: where u make hammer ons and pull offs with the left hand and in the same time u do the same with right hand ==>eddie van halen

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, dunno you, but I call this just tapping/4 fingers tapping. Two hands tapping sounds for me like you have three hands and tap with two of them.

BTW, I'm more than aware of Broderick's outstanding chops and tapping tecnique.

What Chris played, imo, is 2 handed tapping, because he was actually tapping all of the notes.

Van Halen type stuff is one handed, or even, one finger tapping to be more precise. I would just call it Tapping to avoid confusion.

What Chris played, imo, is 2 handed tapping, because he was actually tapping all of the notes.

Van Halen type stuff is one handed, or even, one finger tapping to be more precise. I would just call it Tapping to avoid confusion.

Exactly.

It's just that, ok, notes played with the left hand are not picked, but just the ''two hands tapping'' expression sounded weird to me.

oh i'm sorry then...u gotta know i bought that book "Rock Guitar Secrets" and there it's named with two hand tapping so i guess this term is not used very often
btw don't be mad with me if my solo won't come before tu, i got medical check for military service on monday and tuesday so i can't play then...

It's just that, ok, notes played with the left hand are not picked, but just the ''two hands tapping'' expression sounded weird to me.

I wasn't blaming you, I was agreeing.

oh i'm sorry then...u gotta know i bought that book "Rock Guitar Secrets" and there it's named with two hand tapping so i guess this term is not used very often
btw don't be mad with me if my solo won't come before tu, i got medical check for military service on monday and tuesday so i can't play then...

I haven't even officially started the jam yet. There's a couple of people that want to take part but can't just yet so I'll give it a few days, maybe a week and a bit and see what happens.

This is probably the easiest way to describe it. I just call everything tapping though, there's easy tapping and then there's Broderick and MJR.

He just uses Jim Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm, but in white with his sig on instead of being purple with the JD logo on.

At least, he used to back in 1989. I dno about now.

From what i've heard, it's a dunlop 1.5mm. The one i'm using isn't a dunlop though, it's a fender, and it's white, so i just thought of him :lol:

From what i've heard, it's a dunlop 1.5mm. The one i'm using isn't a dunlop though, it's a fender, and it's white, so i just thought of him :lol:

Well as I say, what I wrote was what Yngwie said in an interview back in '89. He's probably changed since then.

Yngwie is probably the only guitarist that has been so true to his sound/gear. Apart from a few things, he's been using pretty much the same gear for all his carreer.

Yngwie is probably the only guitarist that has been so true to his sound/gear. Apart from a few things, he's been using pretty much the same gear for all his carreer.

Weird. I just watched it and he said "1.5" picks but I read or saw him say what I said. "I use the Jim Dunlop picks that are usually purple but I have mine made in white with my name on".

I'll see if I can find it, I could have sworn that's what he said.

:lol: good point

rack: nothing special for preamps its between

ada mp1
lee jackson gp-1000
marshall jmp-1

(yeah fanboi central w/e)

a simple peavey 50/50 power amp
complementray MIDI foot switch
furman power conditioner
vader 2 x 12 cab

as for half stack

peavey 6505+ or 5150II
vader 2 x 12.

there probably going to be around the same price, rack might be cheaper

Ah, got it. He didn't explain everything. I found this on a site:

"Yngwie uses 1.5mm Dunlop picks made of Delrin. These are white with Yngwie's signature on. If you wish to use the same pick then ask your store for Dunlop 1.5mm Delrin picks, they will be purple in colour but are the exact same shape and material as Yngwie's. "

In the vid, he doesn't say that. He just says they're Jim Dunlop purples. Ghey.