Guitar Player's Thread

Ah, got it. He didn't explain everything. I found this on a site:

"Yngwie uses 1.5mm Dunlop picks made of Delrin. These are white with Yngwie's signature on. If you wish to use the same pick then ask your store for Dunlop 1.5mm Delrin picks, they will be purple in colour but are the exact same shape and material as Yngwie's. "

In the vid, he doesn't say that. He just says they're Jim Dunlop purples. Ghey.

Yeah exactly, that's from his first instuctional vid, right? Could be his second aswell, but i remember him saying that aswell.

The purple tortex are 1.14 as you said. Still, these are the same, but fender, really good feel and tone actually.

That's what you call wanking :lol: It was good though, you've improved! Your picking looks like Rusty cooley's.

its actually Em but seeing as alexi and roope are down a step we refer to it as f# G# etc.

Ah, I hadn't considered that.

If you don't know the difference between a hi-hat and a cymbal, you've got a bit of learning to do before you attempt to accurately tab drums.

:lol: Yes I know the difference! I used that as an example, because there are so many cymbals that are sometimes hard to distinguish.

I am a drummer so it's easy for me, but the basics of it is to just do it part by part. Work out the time signature by listening to it and tapping your leg and counting, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4. When I was tabbing "The Rhino" by PG, it ended up being 6/4, 6/4, 7/4, 6/4, 6/4, 9/4, 6/4, 7/4. :zombie:

I can figure out time signatures fairly easy.

Also, knowing what the "4" actually looks like on paper (or PG) is kinda helpful otherwise you could work out the rhythm of the snare but not know how to tab it.

I'm not sure I follow :confused:

I'd advise you just read up on this stuff first and then when you hear a simple beat, it might make more sense in your head because you'll know what you're hearing.

Will do.

im so torn between rack or half stack :p

i know what i want and ive done my research but idk what would benefit me the most

Half stack. Less variables and things to consider. Keep it simple.

That is Yngwie? I thought this was a parody! :lol: Christ man, that was very sloppy and the tone sounded dead!

I played a 5150ii today. I was floored. I am gonna sell my spider and get it.

Good to hear :headbang: (that the 5150 sounds great)

lol, yeah. The reason I got the Spider was that I kinda liked the tones I got from it. Then I noticed that the rhythm tones were fucking shitty. Now that I got a job, affording a 5105ii shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I don't see a reason for buying a half stack/full stack if you're just use it for playign at home. If you need one for practicing with a band, that's another story.

Yngwie isn't playing through his rig in that video, hence the horrendous tone.

Check the '85 video of Evil Eye live with Alcatrazz, that's god like tone and playing.

Yngwie isn't playing through his rig in that video, hence the horrendous tone.

Check the '85 video of Evil Eye live with Alcatrazz, that's god like tone and playing.

This one? I agree, his rig and playing sounds soo amazing!

Whoa, 420 pages of guitar talk :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to alot of Yngwie lately, his "normal" songs with vocals are actually pretty cool, and the song Crying from Trilogy has a really cool acoustic solo.