Guitar Player's Thread

cali. sucks for skating, its like 100 million degrees and you skate for 10 minute then you get dehydrate

total PHAIL

anyways...

im going to this 4 week camp thing this summer where i work and i can get like 1000 bucks. and you get more for being respectful, im gonna fuckin bake cookies for the leaders or something :lol:

cali. sucks for skating, its like 100 million degrees and you skate for 10 minute then you get dehydrate

total PHAIL

anyways...

im going to this 4 week camp thing this summer where i work and i can get like 1000 bucks. and you get more for being respectful, im gonna fuckin bake cookies for the leaders or something :lol:

JESUS CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also...i think you could get more money. Thats like 700€ for 4 weeks. Meh..not that good pay at all but atleast you get some money:lol: Actually noticed the place im going is not going to have that much better pay either so i better shut up :lol:

yeah :) i skate

yeah i need one because i have a serious band and i need a new sound

Meh buy a Tube combo...if you want to be spared of the trouble of carrying a heavy ass cabinet :lol:
If that's ok get a half stack for sure. I just like the headroom and the power in mine...It spreads the pretty good too so.

Meh buy a Tube combo...if you want to be spared of the trouble of carrying a heavy ass cabinet :lol:
If that's ok get a half stack for sure. I just like the headroom and the power in mine...It spreads the pretty good too so.

+1

A tube combo will give all the volume you'll need.

I have my solo for the jam pretty much done now. It's over the whole G#min part, but I'm not sure if we settled for how long each person could solo. Anyways, just put up the official solo thingie and i'll send it to you Mitch.

I've been listening to alot of Yngwie lately, his "normal" songs with vocals are actually pretty cool, and the song Crying from Trilogy has a really cool acoustic solo.

Trilogy is one of his best albums. :kickass:

I love Fire And Ice because my music teacher gave it to me when I asked "is yingway marmsteen any good?" :lol:

*puts on cd*

...*fuckin' quits gtr* :O

Nah, when I heard that and got my Yngwie book & CD, I didn't put it down. That book turned me into a crappy "I can't play Kirk Hammett solos properly" n00b into a "ugh yeah, watch me shred nigga" kinda person. When I started college, I was just shredding that crap all day and impressing everyone. Thanks Yng! :worship:

Mitch, did you ever post that "Towards Dead End" cover? I was looking forward to it :(.

Nope, because I haven't even recorded it. :lol:

I'll do it soooooon.

I have my solo for the jam pretty much done now. It's over the whole G#min part, but I'm not sure if we settled for how long each person could solo. Anyways, just put up the official solo thingie and i'll send it to you Mitch.

I think we all were pretty happy about doing it over the F#min and G#min aye? But if you have the 2nd part done, you can do the 1st part later and join 'em.

I'll do the rules later.

+1

A tube combo will give all the volume you'll need.

Yeah...most people underestimate it. Also 50 watt head and 50 watt combo is basically the same volume. The 50 watts+cab just spread the volume more and also make it more powerful. I have a 50 watt and its shitting loud :erk: Although its a stack but still...i can't even believe how loud a 100 watt would be! :lol: 30 tube watts is basically enough for a gig id say....and im talking combos.

COBOT Forum Jam 4!!​

† Download †

Tracklist:

• Inhe (00:32-01:14)
• rayden_ad (01:14-01:55)
• SomeoneWild (01:55-02:37)
• NorthernShred (02:37-04:01)
• dave100 (04:01-04:43)
• Arcane (04:43-05:24)
• Conti (05:25-06:06)
• Mystique (06:06-06:48)
• children of COB (06:48-07:28)
• Altitudes (07:30-08:11)
• <-Warheart-> (08:11-08:53)

how exactly would i do the 4 click thing? would it just be easier to add it to the backing track and then send that? i'm totally gunna do this tomorrow since we have a show tonight, i can't wait to hear the final jam, solos over that backing track are going to be intense!

What he said^.

The four beats before the BT starts (as in, the bit where you're supposed to play), just pick a muted string 4 times, in time with the last four beats and then start. That way, if you start on an upbeat, I'll know it's an upbeat and not place it so that it falls on a downbeat, thus misplacing the entire solo by half a beat.

Or as I said, you can just send me a version with the BT underneath.

P&#1106;oenix;6970728 said:
Mitch, the download link you put doesn't seem to work for me, is it just the same looped BT you posted a few pages back?

Right click + save as.

Brad (?), yeah, it's the same thing.

The download should work though, you can right click and save target as or just click the link and it should pop up, asking if you want to open it or save it.

I'm in too! Yeah if you don't right click it will just go to quicktime player (it happened when i left clicked)