Guitar Player's Thread

Seems like my main guitar is ready for the guitarheaven. Neck is warped and (most likely) beyond repair.

Sucks when im broke :(

Seems like my main guitar is ready for the guitarheaven. Neck is warped and (most likely) beyond repair.

haah is it the tele?
try saving for one good guitar instead of getting like five!

please provide some picture of your neck
you know it is possible to repair almost every neck as long as it is in one piece.
you adjust the trussrod by small steps and when the bow is really extreme you should let after each movement let it rest for an hour or two or maybe even half a day that the wood has enough time to adjust

haah is it the tele?
try saving for one good guitar instead of getting like five!

Nah its the neckthrough LTD

please provide some picture of your neck
you know it is possible to repair almost every neck as long as it is in one piece.
you adjust the trussrod by small steps and when the bow is really extreme you should let after each movement let it rest for an hour or two or maybe even half a day that the wood has enough time to adjust

I doubt theres any hope for it, its neckthrough, and the section from ca fret 17-19 to 24 on the bass side of the guitar is warped, and it does not change with truss rod adjustment

The way its warped, is that from 17 to 19ish, the neck goes down and ca 21 to 24, its a sharp rise in fretboard height("sharp", relative to normal neck standards).

This makes it so that even if the rest of the neck is straight relative to the body, teh 24th fret hits the string when im around 12th fret and above

Reason why i think its warped and irreparable, is because this phenomena is only on the bass side of the body, and we have been having rapid, and unusal changes in temperature and humidity in the past few weeks and maybe even months. That combined with that i did not adjust my truss when i moved up to .11-50's in D, seems to have been the death sentence for my guitar.

Im thinking that if i file down the 24th fret, i will be able to use the guitar properly.

I have adjusted truss rod, compared with other guitars, read tutorials online incase i wasnt "doinitrite". I have adjusted bridge height, and various other thingylongs, and i dont see any way out as of now.

If it werent for that, small downfall and the magnitude of the rise, i would adjust the truss further back and try to manage out something like that, but as far as i can see and, feel, that would only hurt the neck massivly

But do tell me, if i have overlooked something, because i love this guitar, even if its a shitty ltd, its my workhorse, and she's managed to do everything i have asked it to do so far

Im just blank right now :( Yet desperate.. I keep trying to readjust my truss rod every once in a while.. you know, in case i, missed something

I think that very very creative in parts and there were some cool licks played very well. I'm suprised you've never taken part in a forum jam here before. Thanks for your contribution. You will be the 2nd to shred. :kickass:

as much as i wanted to take part in the forum jam, school and band stuff just don't allow me time to participate since i'd need to get a usb cord for my pod which i don't have, so you can take me out of the list for people participating and don't need to wait on my solo. hopefully i'll be able to take part in one in the future.

If you have your guitar tuned to D standard (like Alexi), then you will need to play in F# MINOR to match the backing track.

The section from 01:03 to 01:23 is in F#MINOR. If you are playing a guitar that is in E standard tuning, F#min would obviously be a wise choice.

If you have your guitar tuned to D standard (like Roope), then you will need to play in G# MINOR to match the backing track.

I dont understand this part :( ... if its in F# minor why would you play G# ?

The section from 01:03 to 01:23 is in F#MINOR. If you are playing a guitar that is in E standard tuning, F#min would obviously be a wise choice.

If you have your guitar tuned to D standard (like Roope), then you will need to play in G# MINOR to match the backing track.[/B]

If you have a guitar tuned to D standard, you will still be playing in F# Minor, but the position would be the same as if you'd be playing G# Minor in E standard tuning.

thank you so much guys!! really means a lot. unfortunately the doctor said my wrist wont be completel ok for 6 months :erk: i've been prescribed to like 6 vikadens a day, so its not goiong very well now. altho i do have some funny drugged up hospital stories. my sis was just telling me how i was being "all black" with my nurse (who was like this hip, young black woman). She asked me "how are you doing sweety?" and i was all pumped up on drugs so i told her, "I'm just chillennnn" :lol: theni was like "Yo, I'm Jenny from the block, we should go hit up a disco club yo and get our groove on" :lol::lol::lol:

there aremore stories (most of which I don't even remember) but this isn't the appropriate place to tell 'em. sorry for the ranting.

@cobob
Since we both can't play right now, shall we ask them to make the deadline a long time from now? OR maybe they can do a diff. bt (once again) and wait to use PTTR for next time cuz its such a kickass bt??
:D

i've heard that playing guitar with a broken wrist or whatever can actually speed up the recovery

I think that very very creative in parts and there were some cool licks played very well. I'm suprised you've never taken part in a forum jam here before. Thanks for your contribution. You will be the 2nd to shred. :kickass:

Thanks, next time will be better for sure.
Im looking forward to your solo too. :)

I've recorded mine too but I'm not sure if it be the final version. Maybe I will make a full solo. How long do we have time for the Jam Session, Mitch? Btw. thats the best quality I can get, sorry guys (headphones as mic). So I'm not sure if it'll be good enough for the session.. :/ Ah, and do you want only the guitar for the session or with BT?
Anyway... Here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9i8fk

Nah its the neckthrough LTD

I doubt theres any hope for it, its neckthrough, and the section from ca fret 17-19 to 24 on the bass side of the guitar is warped, and it does not change with truss rod adjustment

The way its warped, is that from 17 to 19ish, the neck goes down and ca 21 to 24, its a sharp rise in fretboard height("sharp", relative to normal neck standards).

This makes it so that even if the rest of the neck is straight relative to the body, teh 24th fret hits the string when im around 12th fret and above

Reason why i think its warped and irreparable, is because this phenomena is only on the bass side of the body, and we have been having rapid, and unusal changes in temperature and humidity in the past few weeks and maybe even months. That combined with that i did not adjust my truss when i moved up to .11-50's in D, seems to have been the death sentence for my guitar.

Im thinking that if i file down the 24th fret, i will be able to use the guitar properly.

I have adjusted truss rod, compared with other guitars, read tutorials online incase i wasnt "doinitrite". I have adjusted bridge height, and various other thingylongs, and i dont see any way out as of now.

If it werent for that, small downfall and the magnitude of the rise, i would adjust the truss further back and try to manage out something like that, but as far as i can see and, feel, that would only hurt the neck massivly

But do tell me, if i have overlooked something, because i love this guitar, even if its a shitty ltd, its my workhorse, and she's managed to do everything i have asked it to do so far

Im just blank right now :( Yet desperate.. I keep trying to readjust my truss rod every once in a while.. you know, in case i, missed something
sounds like total loss but i don't want to confirm it yet.
i really doubt that changing to 11 and on drop D had anything to do with it.
the climate change could do but man you had to expose to real extreme temperature change and extreme amount of moister to actually make the neck wet that it would move.
though it could be that the wood grain simply took it "comfortable" position which suck major ass. how is the wave/ twist located on your neck?
is it on the fretboard or is it from the neck or is it from both of them?
it also could be crappy production, crappy gluing of fretboard to the neck.
i really need to see it to make my final design what is exactly going on.
if this twist is coming from grain movement (depends on how much)
i would recommend to remove the frets and sand it down reslote the fretboard and re fret (this is very bitchy task)
its up t you man if you think you can do it than go for it, it might be awesome project for your free time (in case of this guitar is a total loss)

I'll try to get some pics of it soon, tomorrow night hopefully.

I dont think they were THAT extreme, just, out of the ordinary. Thing is, this is the only guitar to be affected by it. But i guess that goes by chance? I have no clue.. At any rate, the area which is affected is actually on the BODY. So i kinda guessed Truss would be futile. Its definitely the fretboard thats warped

Since its neckthrough, the area thats affected is essentially lodged to the body, so im guessing its gotta be the bad gluing job. Considering tis a pretty cheap guitar, i think its a pretty good chance that thats whats happening.