Guitar Player's Thread

Eh well in Bleed thats the lowest note thats hit, but in Combustion the beginning is played so that F would be the low open string. So I guess in Bleed they hit the first fret on the low F. So apparently they tune down because the regular tuning for an 8 string is F# B E A D G B E. So I guess they tune down a half step (which I find pointless for an already ungodly low tuning) and it is in fact F. Thats my educated guess.

If you pay for a book to learn theory, you are a fool!!! The internet is fucking packed with info, you just need google, a pan & paper and the time and dedication to learn it and apply it. Once you get that down, tabbing will be much easier, but there's no trick to learning how to do that, just like Inhe said.

Yeah i'm not gonna be paying i forgot about google! I'll go get a pen and paper and get right to work thanks.

musictheory.net

and if you need any help, feel free to post questions and some of us here can help you with theory stuff. I actually enjoy the theory stuff altho my memory on it is not too fresh cuz I haven't done anything for about a month. but i'll do my best to help if you need it.

cool thanks for the website! that's what i was looking for places i could go and learn, i'll go check it out. If i have any question i'll be sure to post. If there are more things any of u think will help me out send me a PM or something plz, thanks again :)

www.myspace.com/solanummetal
my band recorded a new song :headbang:
Amazing that we got ok tone just from PODs lol
for some reason it's stopping at 0:43 for me and doesn't go any further. but I like what I hear so far and this is unusual cuz I hate most everything I hear now days in terms of new metal bands. and fuck yeah for the PODs :kickass:

p.s. since you're in orange county, are you going to the long beach show in may for gigantour?

i think i have a problem with whammy bar... the thing is when i play and i have to pull it up and then down or opposite, let's say there is free space in between where tremolo doesn't move at all... i hope that someone understands at what i'm aiming and that someone can help... can i fix that or what... thanks... :D

Eh well in Bleed thats the lowest note thats hit, but in Combustion the beginning is played so that F would be the low open string. So I guess in Bleed they hit the first fret on the low F. So apparently they tune down because the regular tuning for an 8 string is F# B E A D G B E. So I guess they tune down a half step (which I find pointless for an already ungodly low tuning) and it is in fact F. Thats my educated guess.
Mitch is right. It's in F. Meshuggah have always tuned their guitars down a half step.

Thank you.

I know for a fact that fuckin' STENGAH is in F so I thought it was weird that the were in F# for this record.

i think i have a problem with whammy bar... the thing is when i play and i have to pull it up and then down or opposite, let's say there is free space in between where tremolo doesn't move at all... i hope that someone understands at what i'm aiming and that someone can help... can i fix that or what... thanks... :D

I think I know what you mean. If you move the bar back and forth about 2mm, the bridge doesn't even move? That happens with my Ibanez.

Try taking the bar out and removing the white plastic washers that are hugging the bar. Then, get some nail polish or np remover and just put a REALLY LIGHT coat around the area where the washers go. Once it's dry, put the washers back on and it should stiffen up the bar so that the bridge moves when you touch it.

Pђoenix;7096591 said:
I found this on eBay and thought it was pretty cool, can anyone tell me if it actually is a genuine Ibanez? I can't seem to find any info on a J&M series :ill:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-J-M-El...ryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:lol: Looks more like someone took an RG770, opened it in MS Paint and coloured it in. :lol:

I wouldn't trust that AT ALL. Dodgy, or what.

I think I know what you mean. If you move the bar back and forth about 2mm, the bridge doesn't even move? That happens with my Ibanez.

Try taking the bar out and removing the white plastic washers that are hugging the bar. Then, get some nail polish or np remover and just put a REALLY LIGHT coat around the area where the washers go. Once it's dry, put the washers back on and it should stiffen up the bar so that the bridge moves when you touch it.

yeap, that's what i thought... thanks for the tip... i'll try it right now... let you know when it's done...

I won 400 dollars, that i want to spend on gear.

Alexi-200 for a fuckaround stage guitar, uprade the pickup and add cool RR style pinstripes

Yay or Nay?

alexi-200_wht.jpg