Guitar Player's Thread

@Mystique: Hey how's your arm doing? Are you having the cast removed or what? I have mine removed some hours each day atm and in two weeks I'll get it 100% removed finally!!! :kickass: This two weeks I'll be doing light exercises to re-gain shoulder and elbow motion so when I get it removed finalyy I can handle a more or less normal life. Of course I'm going to be out of hockey team for at least 5 months more but for other activities I'll be ok.

Yay I can't wait!!! After 6 fucking weeks with useless right arm it's coming to an end! :kickass::kickass:

good to know you're doing exercises already to regain the muscle! I got my cast removed 3 days ago and my arm looks really small compared to the other one. I gotta regain the muscle in it too. I start physical therapy soon but for now i've just been stretching it a bit because it's so stiff and it pains because it's not used to moving. the doctor said that playing guitar would be good exercise too! haha, i can't wait till i can really play again. for now, i've mainly been doing scales and they sound a bit retarded but they're getting better. it sucks cuz i have to do everything slow again to build speed.

but hey, that sucks that it's your right arm that got hurt. what happend exactly? (I might've read it once but I forget, sorry. short-term memory loss due to the accident :rolleyes:)

I thought you guys have to see this video, this is how all shredders should be like:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8Np98f9U4

nice and inspirational :). kid looks like he's 10.

This video is awesome, the beginning part is just sick, he does like 200 bpm with 2 fingers :lol: Although it's in Spanish, it's worth a watch just for the music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ElVtge2Q6D8

nice. i've always enjoyed classical spanish guitar. you guys should check out this dude named Armik, great guitar songs.

oh and his big forehead reminded me of alexi :lol: it's like the same shape.

Pђoenix;7096591 said:
I found this on eBay and thought it was pretty cool, can anyone tell me if it actually is a genuine Ibanez? I can't seem to find any info on a J&M series :ill:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-J-M-El...ryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no i would say that it was a ibanez uv777gr but its not a 7 string, then i would say its a standard 777 series but it doesnt have a monkey handle, and i've never heard of that j & m series and im a ibby fanboi so..

NAY NAY NAY

ok lol, ive never played an alexi-200 so i wouldn't know how good its built.
I would have to drive pretty far out there to the nearest ESP dealer, so its probably not worth the drive to even try it.

But i still want to buy something guitar related with my 400 bucks, but cant think of what

so far my basic gear is..

Amps:
MesaBoogie Single Recto Head
Lee Jackson GP-1000/Peavey classic 5050 pwr amp
Peavey Classic 30 combo.
Marshall 1960B 4x12
Mesa 2x12

Guitars:
Jackson Soloist with dimarzio/j50bc
Ibanez Iceman w/ emgs
Custom built carvin/fender strat
Spanish made classical guitar
Shitty Banjo
Shitty Bass for recording.

sure is basic...:lol:

just put the money away in your savings. and then when you have enough, you can get an ENGL ;)

maybe he doesnt want one....

but i do :) (and im getting one, i've said it a million times but i dont care :lol:)

Im looking for active pickups. Any suggestions?

oh and not to be a fanboy, but i've always been a fan of seymours due to the fact i have a pair of passives loaded into my brian moore, although i've never played the blackouts.

oh and not to be a fanboy, but i've always been a fan of seymours due to the fact i have a pair of passives loaded into my brian moore, although i've never played the blackouts.

For me EMG81s are decent,they have a lot of sustain but they are a little muddy.

am I the only one that thinks that Alexi's and Roope's solos in Cry suck complete ass? Like I never said anything before but it seems like the are immensly sloppy and miss a shit load of notes, and Roopes tapping is almost funny 0.0

The one I posted?

Im not sure if you posted it on here or not, It was a Bmusic auction, that music website from Australia.

Even though it was expensive, I bought it with money I won so I figured I'd might as well treat myself to something I wouldn't normally consider spending that much money on, I still have a bunch of the "gear" money left over, probably save the rest of it

good to know you're doing exercises already to regain the muscle! I got my cast removed 3 days ago and my arm looks really small compared to the other one. I gotta regain the muscle in it too. I start physical therapy soon but for now i've just been stretching it a bit because it's so stiff and it pains because it's not used to moving. the doctor said that playing guitar would be good exercise too! haha, i can't wait till i can really play again. for now, i've mainly been doing scales and they sound a bit retarded but they're getting better. it sucks cuz i have to do everything slow again to build speed.

but hey, that sucks that it's your right arm that got hurt. what happend exactly? (I might've read it once but I forget, sorry. short-term memory loss due to the accident :rolleyes:)

I fell from 2-3 m high on my shoulder :lol: Skiing has some risks when you go out of bounds, :lol: I fucked ip a pretty god season (I was suposed to go 12 days to the alps but the injury made it impossible). The worst problem I'm having is with speed picking and fasty runs, :lol: It feels as if I had never done it before.

This video is awesome, the beginning part is just sick, he does like 200 bpm with 2 fingers :lol: Although it's in Spanish, it's worth a watch just for the music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ElVtge2Q6D8

Paco de Lucia is fucking great!

once i get my MM-04, I'm going to make schematics for it in hopes of building one for my other guitars. Or at least see how much it would cost for parts of making one and if its something that would be reasonable to do without super high-tech machinery

For me EMG81s are decent,they have a lot of sustain but they are a little muddy.

I hate the EMG 81 :lol:

The EMG 89 and 85 however are rather good imo.